Hi, All. Can I get some feedback here?

I'm rather content with my Classic, but I now have the opportunity and the desire to possibly move to Priv. I'm intrigued by the Priv, but I also have some concerns, such as smaller PKB and having to learn Android OS.

Is the Priv nice enough that I should make the leap?

Thanks for your help.
    03-08-17 01:26 PM
    Yes, or you could wait a little bit for the KEYone.
    xandros9 likes this.
    03-08-17 01:27 PM
    KeyOne looks sharp, but it's out of my price range. It's basically Classic or Priv for me.
    03-08-17 01:36 PM
    I have the priv, and my wife has the classic.... I like both, but prefer the PRIV ....ease of apps, much easier to work with Android..... And this is my first non BB OS phone in quite a while..... I had a Galaxy II for a year, and it was disappointing to say the least..... Bell replaced it 3 times before one worked. Other than that I have always had a Blackberry.
    03-08-17 01:37 PM
    I would think it all depends on your needs. If the Classic is working fine for you, and you're able to do everything you need to, then stick with it. I personally miss BB10 and the devices I owned, but the PRIV was very enticing with its choice of keyboard and the app ecosystem. I've spent quite a bit of time (and a little bit of money) to configure my PRIV so that it approximates the flow of BB10, but at the end of the day, Android is different and behaves differently. The learning curve is not as steep as others may make you believe.

On the other hand, the PRIV is over a year old now, and with other new devices promised, it may be better to wait until the KEYone eventually goes on sale if your Classic is still doing the job. The PRIV pkb is also not as 'clicky' as the Classic, but I've gotten used to the difference from my Passport.

The nice thing is that you have choices!
    andy957 and newcollector like this.
    03-08-17 01:54 PM
    I went from a Classic to a PRIV largely because we use Google apps at work and I had not been able to get Hangouts working - we use dual factor authentication.

The keyboard is definitely not as good as the Classic's, but I can easily live with it. Say 80 or 85% of the Classic's keyboard.

The extra screen size is nice and of course the apps are SO much better on PRIV.

I don't object to the extra height of the PRIV - I use a belt holster and don't keep in a pocket. Weight is actually similar.

Don't be afraid of the PRIV - I don't have any performance issues, although I don't do any gaming.
    newcollector likes this.
    03-08-17 04:08 PM
    Probably an upgrade from an app and screen size standpoint. Pkb might be a little downgrade but I find it much better after a couple months so maybe a slight breakin period is required for the priv pkb. Swipe to text on the vkb is very useful for quick text replies. And the OS is very easy to learn. You'll have the hang of it after 10 days or less
    03-08-17 04:45 PM

I'm rather content with my Classic, but I now have the opportunity and the desire to possibly move to Priv. I'm intrigued by the Priv, but I also have some concerns, such as smaller PKB and having to learn Android OS.

Thanks for your help.
    I have both classic and a priv. I use both of them. Classic handles my calls and priv my mails, surfing and apps. Classic keypad is superior to priv but one week of priv and the concern was thrown out of the window. You can be equally as fast typing in priv as in a classic. Priv is an upgrade anyday be it camera, screen size, apps, the option of pkb and vkb and many more
    FF22 and bluesqueen23 like this.
    03-08-17 10:22 PM
    I think Priv is an upgrade overall. It's faster, more apps, larger screen. Keyboard isn't as good but its not all that terrible. I love the classic tho, swipe gestures and the overall fluidity of the os, nothing fancy but gets the job done nicely.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-09-17 01:28 AM
    I just switched from a Classic to the Priv and, as much as I loved my Classic , it was definitely an upgrade and the Priv is fantastic! A bit of getting used to but actually much smoother than I had expected. I would recommend the switch.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-09-17 06:45 AM
    Yes, it is. I just bought one for my Wife who has a Classic. She was getting too frustrated because of issues with Social media apps not being supported.
    03-09-17 09:06 PM

Thanks for your help.
    Depends what you're looking for. Why are you considering the switch? Are their apps not available for the Classic that you require?

The Priv is absolutely an upgrade from a processor, screen and hardware standpoint but for me it would depend on usage. If you're happy with the Classic and don't necessarily need to switch than why would you?

All depends on what you're happiest with.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-17 09:48 PM
    The Passport would already be an upgrade to the Classic. The Priv would be an even bigger upgrade.
    03-09-17 11:26 PM
    If the choice is a Classic or Priv definitely the Priv.

I moved from a Classic which I loved to the Priv and do consider it an upgrade. Love the Priv.
    03-10-17 11:58 AM
    Well, I went from Classic to Passport SE to PRIV and still considered it an upgrade. Although interestingly Classic to Passport felt like more of an upgrade than Passport to PRIV.
    03-10-17 12:07 PM

Thanks for your help.
    Yes. I went from Classic to Priv and now I have grown to love it. The form factor is great, it's the OS that you have to get used to. Once you get used to Android, then owning a Priv is awesome. Dont listen to people nitpick about the small or irrelevant stuff. The camera is great, the speed will do, and the overall look of the phone is nice.

Both my wife and I had classics. She still has hers, but loves to mess with mine because it's so thing and has a bigger screen. But due to her not liking to get used to new things, she is content with her classic. I might just snatch a blue classic just for a back up if the android-world comes to an end. But overall I'm happy with my Priv purchase! Got mine for only $400 about 6 months after it came out.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-10-17 12:49 PM
    I would say definitely an upgrade.
    But be warned, Android gets the job done, but you will find it clunky and disjointed at first. And thats because it is. It's not really an OS as most of us think of them, it's a platform to run apps on. Even 'Phone' is an app, you can change it if you want to.
    03-10-17 09:24 PM