I left out the q10, 9930, 8830 . . . . . But I have had virtually ever blackberry dating back to the original pager-type device. Yes, I'm still a blackberry enthusiast. All five of us meet quarterly in a phone booth.

Anyway, I've just moved from the Priv to Keyone. A week after the switch, I've got a few personal observations:

1) The priv keyboard is really good. The Keyone keyboard is slightly different, but equaly good if not better.

2) The keyone battery is a frigging beast. I'm a heavy user and pound out 100+ emails a day. I charged constantly with the Priv and often feared what would happen if I was away from a charger for more than 3 hours. The priv has absolutely the most unreliable battery life of any device i've ever owned. The keyone? I'm getting easily 16 hours out of a single charge with very heavy use. The two aren't even in the same universe.

3) I miss the priv screen and size . . . . But keyone isn't so small that I regret it. Everything still works well and the image quality is very good.

4) the keyone is much faster. No surprise there as it is newer with a different processor, but the speed is very noticeable. Switching between apps is smoother. Oh, and I've gone a week without a 32 second reboot or excessive heat or 10 second pauses when opening an app. Zero comparison.

5) after wiping my priv and reloading just a handful of apps, it performs quite well. I'll use it as an email only device and be content with that until it dies.

I'm impressed with the keyone so far. Battery life alone made it worth the switch, but it's a solid effort at keeping a tactile keyboard phone available for the business user.
    FF22 and glwerry like this.
    09-28-17 10:04 AM
    Thanks for your thoughts!
    10-16-17 10:42 AM
    Thanks! I agree the battery of the PRIV is very unreliable. Sometimes it lasts me more than a day, sometimes I am through it before dinner. Really annoying.

I personally think the PRIVs keyboard is OK, but still very cramped and mushy. If you compare the keyboard of the KEYone with the Classic, how does it faire?
    10-17-17 05:43 PM
    Thanks! I agree the battery of the PRIV is very unreliable. Sometimes it lasts me more than a day, sometimes I am through it before dinner. Really annoying.

I personally think the PRIVs keyboard is OK, but still very cramped and mushy. If you compare the keyboard of the KEYone with the Classic, how does it faire?
    I have all of the physical keyboard devices and the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is my favourite - hands down.

As a straight pkb, the Classic might win in a photo finish, but the touch features of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ push it well ahead.
    10-17-17 05:51 PM
    I have all of the physical keyboard devices and the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is my favourite - hands down.

As a straight pkb, the Classic might win in a photo finish, but the touch features of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ push it well ahead.
    Ah so KEYone is comparable to the Classic? I personally think the keyboard on the Passport was the best because its so wide, but I really like the Classic as well. I like the ' Thick' feeling of the Classic and it's real tactile feedback, something I sorrowly missi on the PRIV. I think the keyboard on the PRIV is one of the worst keyboards ever produced by BlackBerry. I understand it needed to be more flat in order for the device to remain somewhat thin but it's just lacking the BlackBerry quality
    10-18-17 03:28 AM