They should have ported the BlackBerry 10 browser to Android.

All the Android browsers are slower at loading websites, have a 300ms interaction delay and have a delay when panning websites. The BB10 browser is superior.

Also Chrome tracks all your web history. There's no privacy with Chrome.

Heck even Firefox would have been a better choice for the default browser. It allows addons like Adblock, HTTPs Everywhere, Ghostery and doesn't automatically track your usage.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-25-15 10:58 AM
    Firefox can easily be set as the default browser. On Android, there's also an option to disable Chrome.

*C5303
    10-25-15 11:05 AM

All the Android browsers are slower at loading websites, have a 300ms interaction delay and have a delay when panning websites. The BB10 browser is superior.

Also Chrome tracks all your web history. There's no privacy with Chrome.

Heck even Firefox would have been a better choice for the default browser. It allows addons like Adblock, HTTPs Everywhere, Ghostery and doesn't automatically track your usage.

Android has a lot of browsers, I'm sure you'll find a good one. BB10 used to be much better when it had Flash Support, now I wouldn't rate it much higher than the competition now.
    10-25-15 11:06 AM
    I wish the carried across the native browser, chrome is ok, but not as fluid as the BlackBerry browser.

It almost seems like it was a trade off for something, BlackBerry is making it a point to highlight the browser is chrome, no other android device uses chrome as native.
    slade632 and bbfanatic11 like this.
    10-25-15 11:12 AM
    BlackBerry is in bed with Google now, I doubt they have too much choice.

But you are right, for a device named to be Priv, chrome isn't the best choice for privacy.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    jsmith00075 and rhitdoph like this.
    10-25-15 11:15 AM
    I wish the carried across the native browser, chrome is ok, but not as fluid as the BlackBerry browser.

It almost seems like it was a trade off for something, BlackBerry is making it a point to highlight the browser is chrome, no other android device uses chrome as native.
    Um Nexus does? The HTC and Samsung browsers are basically reskinned Chrome.

Android has a lot of browsers, I'm sure you'll find a good one. BB10 used to be much better when it had Flash Support, now I wouldn't rate it much higher than the competition now.
    Pages load instantly on BB10 browser. I can't say the same about any Android competitor browsers.

10-25-15 11:15 AM
    Heck even Firefox would have been a better choice for the default browser.
    BBRY: Can we have Android
    Google: Sure, these are our commands
    BBRY: Yes King Google.
    Attached Thumbnails Chrome on BlackBerry Priv is a bad option-picture2.png  
    10-25-15 11:32 AM
    BBRY: Can we have Android
    Google: Sure, these are our commands
    BBRY: Yes King Google.
    They should just leak it or release it into Google Play and restrict it to being installed on BB hardware.

brian4591 likes this.
    10-25-15 11:37 AM
    They should just leak it or release it into Google Play and restrict it to being installed on BB hardware.

Google doesn't actually stop them including it as an option - it just cannot be default on switch-on.
    10-25-15 11:43 AM
    I would love for the blackberry browser to be ported.
    10-25-15 11:45 AM
    Google doesn't actually stop them including it as an option - it just cannot be default on switch-on.
    How does Google get away with that? It's so anticompetitive and antitrust. Didn't Microsoft get sued in Europe and lost over the same behavior in Windows?

paulwallace1234 likes this.
    10-25-15 11:45 AM
    BlackBerry browser is definitely superior to Chrome. There is zero chance of me using Chrome on my phone OR desktop...

If BlackBerry browser doesn't make it to Android, I will just use something like Opera.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    10-25-15 11:49 AM
    Um Nexus does? The HTC and Samsung browsers are basically reskinned Chrome.

Pages load instantly on BB10 browser. I can't say the same about any Android competitor browsers.

You're overcooking things pretty badly mate... Isn't exactly like that. BB10 browser does well with HTML5, but is not instant (not even a overclocked desktop is) and other browsers aren't trailing much.

Here's against Iphone 6 at 1:58min the browsing speed
    Isn't any faster, if anything is slower. And go check comparisons between Iphone and Android, it's neck and neck between the two. Android, iOS, BB10 and Windows all have very comparable browser speeds
    dracolnyte, Dazzla and LazyEvul like this.
    10-25-15 11:55 AM
    The joy of App Store... if you want Firefox, it's yours?
    10-25-15 12:14 PM
    I like using Chrome.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 12:30 PM
    If Chrome is a problem for you, there's a huge variety of browsers available on Android, each often using their own engine.

Ghostery's a popular one for privacy-conscious people, as it has a built-in plugin that blocks trackers on websites you visit. They also explain why each requested app permission is necessary, and offer the option of using DuckDuckGo as your search engine.

Firefox for Android also supports a ton of privacy-conscious add-ons (uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere, Privacy Badger), and last I checked it had one of the better SSL/TLS configs of any mobile browser.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-25-15 01:00 PM
    BlackBerry is in bed with Google now, I doubt they have too much choice.

But you are right, for a device named to be Priv, chrome isn't the best choice for privacy.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    All android devices since Kit Kat use the Chrome browser now as default. The older Google Browser us gone. I do have an older Android device that runs kit Kat has both native browsers.

That said at the very least my bookmarks will now sync across my PC, desktop PC, work PC and my smartphone IF I choose the Priv. That alone has huge benefits for many users. And now using pushbullet is not a solution I'd want to use.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 01:05 PM
    A good alternative to the BB10 browser is Yandex browser. You get privacy, bottom address bar, and a very decent speed. Unfortunately, no browser to this date gave me a good satisfaction compared to the BB10 browser. However, there are also some websites that the BB10 chocked on while yanadax chugged along.
    10-25-15 01:27 PM
    no other android device uses chrome as native.
    I think you meant to say that all modern Android devices (at least, those that have access to Google Play) use Chrome as default. That's a requirement to access Google Play.

Of course, nothing prevents you from installing any browser you like, and making it the default, just as you can do the same on Windows, even though IE/Edge is the default.
    10-25-15 02:16 PM
    Cm Browser is a great one

10-25-15 02:26 PM
    I think you meant to say that all modern Android devices (at least, those that have access to Google Play) use Chrome as default. That's a requirement to access Google Play.

Of course, nothing prevents you from installing any browser you like, and making it the default, just as you can do the same on Windows, even though IE/Edge is the default.
    So question... on the Priv home screen you see the Google search bar. Can I config so it is Firefox with duckduckgo instead?
    10-25-15 04:30 PM
    Ahh wished the BB10 browser was on the priv. Been using Android last 6 months and I've missed my blackberry browser so bad the speed the efficiency. Simple things like switching tabs reloads the page each time on some Android browsers which is a nightmare when offline like the tube.

10-25-15 05:07 PM
    By "port", you mean re-writing it from the ground up and doing a better job than the likes of Mozilla and Google?

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    LazyEvul and app_Developer like this.
    10-25-15 05:16 PM
    Just use Opera. Works fine and it is Scandinavian

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and AllanQuatermain like this.
    10-25-15 05:21 PM
    How does Google get away with that? It's so anticompetitive and antitrust. Didn't Microsoft get sued in Europe and lost over the same behavior in Windows?

MS got sued because they integrated "file explorer" and "Internet explorer" as "one thing" and you could NOT uninstall IE so dumb people thought that was FORCEING you use use IE... so MS made a dumb program called IE that could be uninstalled... yet "explorer" is still part of the OS.

Open IE type in C: it opens, open my computer type in www.yahoo.com, like magic it's IE!

Chrome being stock default that can be replaced is not some anti trust monopoly thing...it's business...

Try and get rid of safari on osx

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 06:42 PM
56 123