First of all, very disappointed with the Chinese input...it doesnt even work! Second, bbry limits the pinyin input to simplified chinese...while it doesn't work yet, i can see how unflexable this arrangement is....

Chinese input is the one thing bbry can copy directly from Apple or Google...come on! Just do the same thing as them!

- a very disappointed EX-priv user

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-04-16 07:57 AM
    It should be there. I have traditional Chinese already set on my Priv's pinyin input and have the option to do handwriting as well, and haven't upgraded anything.

FF22 likes this.
    08-04-16 09:45 AM
    First of all, very disappointed with the Chinese input...it doesnt even work! Second, bbry limits the pinyin input to simplified chinese...while it doesn't work yet, i can see how unflexable this arrangement is....

Chinese input is the one thing bbry can copy directly from Apple or Google...come on! Just do the same thing as them!

- a very disappointed EX-priv user

As far as I remember the Classic on BB10 was the same thing. Chinese input back then was dreadful.

I actually welcome the dual keyboard (BlackBerry Keyboard/Google Chinese Input) setup.
    08-04-16 11:03 AM
    It should be there. I have traditional Chinese already set on my Priv's pinyin input and have the option to do handwriting as well, and haven't upgraded anything.

Google Pinyin, or BlackBerry Keyboard?

He's referring to BlackBerry Keyboard only.
    08-04-16 11:04 AM
    Oh, I was referring to Google pinyin, which does the job for me.

08-05-16 12:15 AM
    Blackberry Keyboard. Google Pinyin is fine and all, but it doesn't support the hardware keyboard functions of the Priv. I bought the Priv for the hardware keyboard alone. If the only option I have left is the Google Pinyin, then I might as well use another, more powerful Android!

Speaking of BB10, yes Toni was right. The latest BB10 update actually crippled the Chinese input option imo. It was perfectly fine before too, something that still puzzles me to this day (why would BBRY break its own leg??)
    08-05-16 02:08 AM
    The chinese ime is working, as u should keep VPN open and switch to Chinese ime, the ime will downloading db on air , then the chinese will work.

08-05-16 05:33 AM
    Blackberry Keyboard. Google Pinyin is fine and all, but it doesn't support the hardware keyboard functions of the Priv. I bought the Priv for the hardware keyboard alone. If the only option I have left is the Google Pinyin, then I might as well use another, more powerful Android!

Speaking of BB10, yes Toni was right. The latest BB10 update actually crippled the Chinese input option imo. It was perfectly fine before too, something that still puzzles me to this day (why would BBRY break its own leg??)
    No, it's still better with the keyboard. Sure I don't get the BlackBerry gestures, but that's the only thing missing. I configured Cantonese input such that when the slide is closed, I use handwriting, and slide open it's Cantonese phonetic input via the keyboard.
    08-05-16 06:06 AM

I am someone who is looking to buy a PRIV. I need to type Traditional Chinese with Pinyin on the physical keyboard. Has there been any update?
    11-01-16 01:13 AM
    I am someone who is looking to buy a PRIV. I need to type Traditional Chinese with Pinyin on the physical keyboard. Has there been any update?
    Although it doesn't say, you can input traditional Chinese with BlackBerry Keyboard. The problem is it is very cumbersome. The keyboard prefers simplified Chinese, so you need to manually pick traditional text that are buried way down in the selection list.

I don't know what is preventing BlackBerry to add an option to change the preference. Wish Chinese works as well as Japanese without the fragmentation.
    11-01-16 08:30 AM
    Try Go Keyboard~

I was using it as it was the only app which support Cangjie with the physical keyboard. I remember it support Traditional Chinese Pinyin as well. The only disadvantage is it consume about 100MB of memory.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-01-16 10:57 AM