You do know that BB10 doesn't have a flash player?
    That's exactly why I wrote that we lost some of that functionality (in 10.3.1)
    But I do have Zeus with flash...on BB10 in 10.3.2.
    12-01-15 08:27 AM
    BB10 isn't dead. It's just never born. When you're at 0.3 % it's time to move on

Posted via CB10
    Sadly you are right. BlackBerry 10 never really took off and many app developers that jumped on board in year one and two are jumping off now. Updates on apps has slowed and some apps don't work anymore. The CBS Sports app I used for a long time won't receive any feed anymore. Got an email yesterday that my ephone app is dead Jan 1. It's pretty sad.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    12-01-15 09:04 AM
    Take a look at the Priv launch and you will understand why they are failing. I picked up the Priv the first day and battery life and camera made me return it. They are up against better devices and they knew this but still released an unfinished piece of hardware.

Blackberry just released a software update to try to correct the errors hopefully this works too early on for a device to have these issues.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-01-15 10:07 AM
    That's exactly why I wrote that we lost some of that functionality (in 10.3.1)
    But I do have Zeus with flash...on BB10 in 10.3.2.
    To be fair Flash is full of security issues, even Adobe is dropping the flash name and moving to a more HTML5 model.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/12/01/a...ow-animate-cc/

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 10:33 AM
    BlackBerry has a lot of app functionality built into the BB10 OS.
    There are at least 100 apps from BlackBerry on bb10 that come preinstalled or in the OS. On the Priv you need to install most of those as third party apps which by default makes the Priv less secure.

All I need on my laptop or on my macBook 12inch comes pre installed with the OS.

They could have built all the important apps, as they did with facebook, twitter, linked-in. Chen killed all that effort.
    Agree, they could've built important apps like Apple did and make that app gap shorter.

We now are finding out how much data apps collect, DTEK has been a good Trojan horse in that sense, so it would be even more valuable if the apps were built in house.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 10:41 AM
    You do know that BB10 doesn't have a flash player?
    Correct it was dropped but Zeus browser has flash and html support.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    12-01-15 01:17 PM
    In my opinion, it is simple. Dropping BlackBerry 10 is necessary for now because it does not bring in any profit. It is being used only by the minorities.

Going to Android is what they need to bring back all the earnings and regain smartphone market share.

It is simple, goodbye to BlackBerry 10. I will have to leave my Z30, my very first BlackBerry phone and the very last BlackBerry phone.

It was a great phone with great battery life and great sound. Unfortunately, it is the app ecosystem that is causing BlackBerry phone to not sell.

I will pay to maintain and update BlackBerry 10 OS if BlackBerry 10 OS become a subscription-based OS. It must be in an adequate amount of maintenance fees for this mobile OS, no one in the market is doing this currently, not Apple, not Samsung, not Xiaomi, not Huawei, no one ever realized the idea of subscription OS!

Just open a door for us and let us sign up the subscription-based OS. We'll see what's the outcome!

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 09:12 AM
    tbh it seems blackberry needs to call it a day and be over with this suffering.
    jsmith00075 likes this.
    01-25-16 10:34 AM
    What "sells of BB10 phones"? Are there any?

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    01-25-16 10:56 AM
    In my opinion, it is simple. Dropping BlackBerry 10 is necessary for now because it does not bring in any profit. It is being used only by the minorities.

Going to Android is what they need to bring back all the earnings and regain smartphone market share.

It is simple, goodbye to BlackBerry 10. I will have to leave my Z30, my very first BlackBerry phone and the very last BlackBerry phone.

It was a great phone with great battery life and great sound. Unfortunately, it is the app ecosystem that is causing BlackBerry phone to not sell.

I will pay to maintain and update BlackBerry 10 OS if BlackBerry 10 OS become a subscription-based OS. It must be in an adequate amount of maintenance fees for this mobile OS, no one in the market is doing this currently, not Apple, not Samsung, not Xiaomi, not Huawei, no one ever realized the idea of subscription OS!

Just open a door for us and let us sign up the subscription-based OS. We'll see what's the outcome!

Posted via CB10
    So how come all the other Android OEMs can't make money and you think that BlackBerry can? And how is a high priced Android going to make market share.
    I can't wait to see the sales number for this quarter. If it isn't much more than the previous two quarters, you can call BlackBerry Android a failure.
    01-25-16 11:21 AM
    Subscription based idea for an OS is laughable. Do this and fail harder.
    01-25-16 11:45 AM
    This

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 12:07 PM
    So how come all the other Android OEMs can't make money and you think that BlackBerry can? And how is a high priced Android going to make market share.
    I can't wait to see the sales number for this quarter. If it isn't much more than the previous two quarters, you can call BlackBerry Android a failure.
    They can't make money is because the the smartphone market is near saturated level. Apple is so common, Samsung is common, everybody is holding an Apple or Samsung.

BlackBerry Android is different, they offered so called "secure" apps and "secured kernel" and at the same time solved the app gap issue with BlackBerry 10.

The Priv hardware is high end, capable of competing with Apple and Samsung.

And how BlackBerry can make money from this Android is because they have just started to produce their very first Android phone. First product always sell, until it reaches a saturated level. Then comes another new BlackBerry Android phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 11:24 PM
    Who knows will it fail? Do you laugh at the first person who invented a wood tyre? Do you want to laugh at the person who is selling Chat Time drinks? Do you want to laugh at subscription based software like Adobe or Autodesk?

It is ( BlackBerry 10) already failed now just because of the app ecosystem only, why not just give it a last try.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 11:30 PM
    Because there are no resources for a last try.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 11:54 PM
    Chen had stated this in other interviews (Code Mobile ). I do not belive we will see another BB10 Handset. So...decide where you will go. Apple, Android or Windows.
    if I'm honest I hate all of them .........bb10 does what I want this is so crap for blackberry users
    01-26-16 12:41 AM
    With the exception of BlackBerry Hub and the lack of granular permissions for applications the BlackBerry Priv and BlackBerry Android is superior to BlackBerry OS 10.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    01-26-16 02:36 PM
    With the exception of BlackBerry Hub and the lack of granular permissions for applications the BlackBerry Priv and BlackBerry Android is superior to BlackBerry OS 10.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    Funny. I have Android, iOS and Windows 10 phones and BB10 is far superior to those phones.
    will308 likes this.
    01-26-16 03:48 PM
    False, These are nothing compared to the extreme risks Most android apps pose to an android phone. The lack of needing an app to do most the things you have to get an app solves most of this
    02-15-16 12:16 AM
    It is just very simple and we all can see it coming that BlackBerry as Hardware division have run it course, Priv won't be able to bring the BlackBerry back to profit and Vienna project will be the last if they release, investing on BlackBerry phones now is just wasting money, I have been come a long way from Z10,30 and now Passport. Will keep passport as long as it work my day to day needs. Ios is my next phone sad but will miss the hub n great bb10

Posted via CB10
    02-15-16 01:37 AM
    Dropping BB10 saves a lot of cost and BlackBerry can focus on making great software for the Enterprise and supporting good apps like BBM for Android. At this point they need to whatever it takes to keeps the lights on at BlackBerry headquarters in Waterloo.
    No worries Chen will drop BBM and Android all together if his bean counting skill level of 99 says it's not profitable. And it will not be cause he doesn't know how to sell it pretty much like he didn't know how to sell BBM Meetings, BBM Protected and their own operating system BB10. All he knows is how to buyout already successful services and keep them rolling until they go from hot to mild in the natural progression of "Don't touch it its hot. Oh what do I do now? It's cooling off by itself, how do we reheat it? Let's just sell it or lay it off"

Chen will drop everything except Chen.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    02-15-16 02:25 AM
    No worries Chen will drop BBM and Android all together if his bean counting skill level of 99 says it's not profitable. And it will not be cause he doesn't know how to sell it pretty much like he didn't know how to sell BBM Meetings, BBM Protected and their own operating system BB10. All he knows is how to buyout already successful services and keep them rolling until they go from hot to mild in the natural progression of "Don't touch it its hot. Oh what do I do now? It's cooling off by itself, how do we reheat it? Let's just sell it or lay it off"

Chen will drop everything except Chen.
    If one thinks like an accountant one's imagination and creativity will be restraint by the spreadsheet.
    This way of thinking is inhibiting BBM from growing as it deserves. BlackBerry management is using a nickel and dime policy, making the product less attractive.

There are plenty of options in the two OS's with the most market share, so instead of having the nickel and dime policy they should attract a user's with distinct features so that they can sell other products, e.g. transactions using BBM money, payments using BBM, conduct transactions of good and services in Channels, sell ads in Channels. These are a few services where BlackBerry can make some money without alienating user's.

Furthermore, for a company that states that Security and Privacy are embedded into its core, is ridiculous that Protected and the services under Privacy and control are being sold to customers.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kraidx; 02-15-16 at 10:42 AM.
    02-15-16 05:53 AM
422 ... 151617