BlackBerry CEO Would Consider Dropping BB10 For Android | Ubergizmo

Looks like Chen is willing to drop BB10 in favor of Android, this will hurt sales of bb10 devices.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-18-15 at 11:11 AM. Reason: URL fix
    11-16-15 06:20 PM
    [url=http://www.ubergizmo.com/2015/10/blackberry-drop-bb10-android/]BlackBerry CEO Would Consider Dropping BB10 For Android | Ubergizmo[/ur

Looks like Chen is willing to drop BB10 in favor of Android, this will hurt sales of bb10 devices.
    Posted via CB10
    Chen had stated this in other interviews (Code Mobile ). I do not belive we will see another BB10 Handset. So...decide where you will go. Apple, Android or Windows.
    11-16-15 06:27 PM
    By releasing the Priv he basically dropped it. Do you really think they will be able to support two platforms? There is a reason they went android. Because very few were buying BB10. Yes I love BB10. But it's time to move on. Like all the other failed technologies... It's time to fold.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-16-15 06:41 PM
    That's why all you BB10 loyalists. Which I like as much as Priv (sans file mgt).
    Need to understand that No successful Priv = No support for BB10. So if you have to pick in the future between Android and iPhone hopefully it will be a BlackBerry built enhanced Android.

Posted from my Priv!
    11-16-15 06:46 PM
    He will need to release more devices to survive! He needs to fix the Priv before he launches any more devices.

11-16-15 06:46 PM
    The best possible future with knowing all that is going to happen is that blackberry sells their patents to android and Android becomes the new blackberry.

11-16-15 06:52 PM
    game plan prob is to beef up security on the Blackberry android phone and migrate customers over
    11-16-15 06:55 PM
    Chen had stated this in other interviews (Code Mobile ). I do not belive we will see another BB10 Handset. So...decide where you will go. Apple, Android or Windows.
    The funny thing is, as a long time android user, BB10 was never even on my radar but now because of the Priv I would actually consider it in the future if it has one. I do wonder what would have happened had blackberry done this sooner.

11-16-15 07:20 PM
    That's why all you BB10 loyalists. Which I like as much as Priv (sans file mgt).
    Need to understand that No successful Priv = No support for BB10. So if you have to pick in the future between Android and iPhone hopefully it will be a BlackBerry built enhanced Android.

Posted from my Priv!
    Are you completely sure about that?

Posted via CB10
    dolco likes this.
    11-16-15 07:37 PM
    I like BB10 but would support dropping it in favour of Android.

Posted via CB10
    dolco likes this.
    11-16-15 07:55 PM
    I like BB10 but would support dropping it in favour of Android.

Posted via CB10
    A BlackBerry Nexus would see a lot of sales me thinks.

11-16-15 08:02 PM
    I think BB10 is hard for BlackBerry to drop as Android is not secure. A switch will be very much enterprise and government driven. If they can get Android approval from banks, government etc. then ya, BB10 is dead.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    11-16-15 08:05 PM

Posted from my Priv!
    Have you tried that file manager by ASUS?
    11-16-15 08:05 PM
    How do you know BB10 is secure? Just because it's not hacked does not make it secure. But even if we agree it's secure.

It's a niche play that the masses just don't care about. People share their children's most favorite places to play via GPS in Facebook photos.

Do you actually think security and privacy sells in a mass consumer quantity?

No.

But hey, that's OK. Just realize this is a niche play. It could be a decent niche.

The reason blackberry got to the hay day market share was because they got email first. But they failed to evolve.

I hope the Priv carves enough market to keep blackberry in the handset business!

11-16-15 08:24 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is fine give it google play with services and it's more than fine!

Posted via Priv
    11-16-15 08:24 PM
    Sorry BB10 runtime is garbage even with google services.

Also why would Google ever let that happen? What's in it for them?

yuvaraki likes this.
    11-16-15 08:27 PM
    BlackBerry PRIV is not niche. Everybody could love this device. It doesn't have to be niche at all.

People will and are starting to care more about their privacy. BlackBerry security is important for everybody.

Paul Callahan likes this.
    11-16-15 09:39 PM
    Sorry BB10 runtime is garbage even with google services.

Also why would Google ever let that happen? What's in it for them?

Ummmm, millions more users buying apps from the Google Play Store? Why the hell do we need to have the OS?

Posted via CB10
    AntJones80 and DarkJoker33 like this.
    11-16-15 10:26 PM

Posted from my Priv!
    Nope. I just bought a Classic, coming in in a few days. Once that dies, I'll go to iOS or something. Android is the antithesis of BB10. That is unless BlackBerry puts out a truly superb pkb android phone (which the Priv isn't, though it's pretty great at everything else).

Posted via CB10
    Paul Callahan likes this.
    11-16-15 10:40 PM
    As soon as BlackBerry announces that BB10 is over with, tell Mr Cook to get that iPhone 7 ready for me. I'll turn my back on BlackBerry the exact same way Mr Chen did to BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 10:45 PM
    I would prefer blackberry sell the bb10 os to another large manufacturer like samsung or LG then for it to completely disappear...

Sent from my Passport
    11-16-15 11:15 PM
    I better stock up on Classics hahaha
    11-16-15 11:20 PM
    How do you know BB10 is secure?
    Schr��ding�er's cat, bro.

Just because it's not hacked does not make it secure. But even if we agree it's secure.
    And yes, if its not hacked, its secure (for all intents and purposes). I think you meant "Just because it's not publicly hacked".
    mkelley65 likes this.
    11-17-15 12:40 AM
    It's one of those life situations where the very best product gets sacked for the sake of a much much inferior product. So sad. Not fair but that's the reality. BB10 is a masterpiece of software.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 12:54 AM
    How do you know BB10 is secure?
    Security is one thing, privacy another. Mostly privacy is meant. BB10 allows the user (the user is the subject, not a device or a company) a lot of privacy, more than other OSes. The user can configure his BB10 device to avoid chattering out all the user's specific data, I did a lot of experiments to examine this. The user is not left without alternatives to storing his user data (contacts, calender events, bookmarks, documents) online somewhere in a could (this means: american servers).
    Do you actually think security and privacy sells in a mass consumer quantity?
    Just wait. Wait until a big worldwide user data abuse happens, an abuse where a lot of people, families, organizations, banks, insurances, states, all together lose a lot of money like in the financial crisis of the last years, an abuse where people die. And those who haven't lost much will then pay the bill for the others. This topic is a quite one at the moment, many people just can't imagine at all what data are, they didn't grow up with this. And the big and global telecommunication companies do a lot to hide all their data mining. This is also because there are many much louder topics every day, especially the Great American War on Terror. But this continously increasing amount of digital data will somewhen also get into the minds of the people. This is perhaps one thing where Europe is a tiny step ahead. My decision for a BB10 device was mainly influenced by security and privacy aspects.
    The best possible future with knowing all that is going to happen is that blackberry sells their patents to android and Android becomes the new blackberry.
    And who is this Mr.Android? Where lives he? - Android is Google, say this, the biggest data kraken on earth. Selling BB technology to Google is a ridiculous idea - if Google ever wanted to have a secure and privacy conform OS they would have made one and with much more power, but Google designed Android instead, to get and exploit masses of user data. Android does today exactly what it should.

An approach to make a secure Android presumes a clear fork, but it must be a fork under the lead of a democratic public, a foundation or so, perhaps open source.
    So...decide where you will go. Apple, Android or Windows.
    You mean: Totally overpriced, Data kraken or Pink Unicorn dinosaur?
    Allanon89, thg, DazzlaUK and 3 others like this.
    11-17-15 02:01 AM
422 123 ...