http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackb...165800396.html

Every time this guy opens his mouth lately BBRY stock tanks.

While the broader markets were all up slightly today... BBRY off by over 1%.

When is the board going to figure it out...

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 08:39 PM
    I'm confused. When did they "tank?"

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 08:43 PM
    "Tanks"

I do not think this word means what you think it means.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 08:44 PM
    You mean it settled back down after BS takeover rumors.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 08:55 PM
    You mean it settled back down after BS takeover rumors.

Posted via CB10
    This and nothing else

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 07:35 AM
    OP writes, thread tanks...again
    05-19-15 07:53 AM
    Lol!

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 06:00 PM
    OP writes, thread tanks...again
    If being popular was more important than successfully noticing trends... that might matter to me.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 06:57 PM
    If being popular was more important than successfully noticing trends... that might matter to me.

Posted via CB10
    "successfully noticing trends". I'll repeat this common phrase, "correlation does not equal causation".

Popular? Try being accurate. You have failed to make your point which was a failed drive-by insult. So you are coming off trying to be 'popular' rather than making a valid point. You could have presented previous occasions where stock was stable and Chen had an effect, but no, you provide absolutely nothing of value that was quickly refuted (ie, stock adjusting to rumours).

Don't be trying to defend yourself like you're in the right on this. You're off in the change (tanks?!?) and for the cause.
    05-19-15 07:53 PM
    One percent...?

I'd see that within the normal frame of fluctuations, not "tanking"....

:-)

(not sure that I wanna be where this thread might be heading)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    fishlove73 likes this.
    05-24-15 05:01 AM
    Clearly OP has a "thing" for Chen.......

Enough said.
    05-24-15 08:56 AM

Enough said.
    Yup... I have a disdain for Chen similar to his for hardware / handsets.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 09:20 AM
    You mean like a fetish?

Enough said.
    05-26-15 02:24 PM
    First of all OP Yahoo is no longer a credible source. They have become desperate to be relevant again but fail for years. They're articles are written by amateurs and probably high school students.

Time after time, they've been calling out BlackBerry with false alarms. Keep calling wolf and they will no be trusted.
    05-26-15 02:37 PM
    First of all OP Yahoo is no longer a credible source. They have become desperate to be relevant again but fail for years. They're articles are written by amateurs and probably high school students.

Time after time, they've been calling out BlackBerry with false alarms. Keep calling wolf and they will no be trusted.
    It was NOT a Yahoo news article. It was the very reputable Business Insider. It was simply aggregated by Yahoo.

But nice try...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackberry_geek; 05-26-15 at 04:36 PM.
    05-26-15 03:16 PM
    And... it happened yet again.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...rity/28091949/

Chen speaks and the stock drops significantly again. This time worse... 2.29%... more than 3 times what the broader market lost today.

It's happened four times now.

When will the board figure it out?

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    05-29-15 06:53 PM
    Hmmm....me thinks you're on to something. Lol

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    05-29-15 06:58 PM

Chen speaks and the stock drops significantly again. This time worse... 2.29%... more than 3 times what the broader market lost today.

Posted via CB10
    Ya when will the board figure it out that you are tanking again?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 07:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    MS reiterated $7 SP + general market was down. That's why.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 07:12 PM
    MS reiterated $7 SP + general market was down. That's why.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry was off more than three times what the overall market lost... as noted in post.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 07:23 PM
    BlackBerry was off more than three times what the overall market lost... as noted in post.

Posted via CB10
    And? My body weight fluctuates more than this every single day. Why not focus on companies that are down 15%? 25%? That trumps these single digit numbers you keep mentioning as "tanking" numbers. Keurig is down 25% for the month, just for missing profit expectations by 1.9%. What "worst performers" lists is BlackBerry on?

Correlation != causation. Get that through your head. Try and make some sort of connection between these events that one causes the other, not coincidence.

Are you polling these stock traders about their stock trading decisions? Has there been an analysis report leaked stating things about Chen's comments and troubling? If so, please post it, I haven't seen anything of recent.
    crackberry_geek and habs_fan like this.
    05-29-15 08:14 PM
    And? My body weight fluctuates more than this every single day. Why not focus on companies that are down 15%? 25%? That trumps these single digit numbers you keep mentioning as "tanking" numbers. Keurig is down 25% for the month, just for missing profit expectations by 1.9%. What "worst performers" lists is BlackBerry on?

Correlation != causation. Get that through your head. Try and make some sort of connection between these events that one causes the other, not coincidence.

Are you polling these stock traders about their stock trading decisions? Has there been an analysis report leaked stating things about Chen's comments and troubling? If so, please post it, I haven't seen anything of recent.
    My observations are intended NOT as stock buying tips... but rather on the effectiveness of BBRY's current CEO... whom I believe is doing a very poor job.

I hope no one would EVER take stock buying tips from me, or anyone else on CB for that matter... especially someone who thinks that 1-2% drops in a stock in one day are not significant... as such is considered significant by almost any investor's standard!

Back to the CEO, this type of significant drop has occurred now the last 4 times he's been in the press... each and every time. The first two times, I didn't pay much attention. But I noticed it the 3rd time... and by the 4th it surely is beginning to look like a trend.

I do hope the trend doesn't continue, as I hope BlackBerry survives. But I'm not very optimistic.
    techvisor likes this.
    06-10-15 10:52 AM
    Chen speaks, (shorts have fodder to make the) stock tank(s) again... :-)

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    06-11-15 01:59 AM
    All I can say is "I told you so!"

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 09:31 PM
    Whenever he rejects the idea of a sale then the stock goes down. It only goes up significantly on a rumor of a buyout.
    Batibreaker likes this.
    06-23-15 10:15 PM
110 123 ...