11-08-15 01:27 AM
26 12
tools
    Glad to see Mr. Chen so giddy. It's good seeing him talk about the future of BlackBerry Hardware.

I quoted your response because I think you're wrong. BlackBerry gets 40% of its revenue from hardware sales and software revenue isn't reaching projections thus far. It would be naive to think that somehow software revenue is going to replace hardware revenue any time soon.
    Software is the long-term strategy and it's going to take a couple of quarters to see an uptick on the bottom line. However, hardware can have an almost immediate result with one Home Run device.

The plan was never to get out of the phone business. He just spoke candidly when asked about potentially continuing to lose money in that division. John Chen is a very smart man. He's a turnaround, no THE turnaround expert who was hand picked by the Board of Directors to right the BlackBerry ship. Prem Watsa is a financial genius. He believes in BlackBerry and proved as much with his own money and the money of others that believe in his financial prowess. He hand picked Mr. Chen. For people that follow finance and/or technology, you can't find a better duo. I'm no expert but I'm smart enough to follow the industry leaders closely.

Mark my words: In a couple of years what BlackBerry is doing today and has done since Mr. Chen came on board will be a case study in Turnaround Stories.

By the way, his answer today was in direct response to a question about future phones. I think he was talking about Phones as well as other hardware.

Posted one-handed via Passport
    +1

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 01:27 AM
26 12