My point exactly. Another rude comment and you have nothing to do with the disagreement. Bet you love android too.
    I love all operating systems. Android, bb10, iOS.. Although I could never get a hang of Windows..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-25-15 08:07 AM
    My point exactly. Another rude comment and you have nothing to do with the disagreement. Bet you love android too.
    "Bet you love android too"? Come on. Surely you must see how flawed that line of reasoning is? You're getting these joke replies because you're coming across as highly irrational.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE and Witmen like this.
    08-25-15 10:13 AM
    "Bet you love android too"? Come on. Surely you must see how flawed that line of reasoning is? You're getting these joke replies because you're coming across as highly irrational.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't say I love android. I mean I'm not passionate about it. It works for me. It would work a hell of a lot better if I had a physical keyboard though... C'mon! Release that slider already!

Witmen likes this.
    08-25-15 10:42 AM
    I can see why you are acting this way.
    The company that you have pledged your blind loyalty to appears to be on the verge of doing the unthinkable.
    Its like a devoutly religious person contemplating the possibility that god does not love them.

Still does not give you the right to be a twonk.
    MO3iusONE and Witmen like this.
    08-25-15 11:39 AM
    The company that you have pledged your blind loyalty to appears to be on the verge of doing the unthinkable.
    No blind loyalty. I like BB10 and I liked the company and what it stood for. Looks like all that is going to change and sure, I am very disappointed as are many others I am sure.
    Got it, twonk.
    08-25-15 11:42 AM
    I don't believe the individual was trying to make you look stupid for having an opinion. That was the underlying message. Every person in this site has an opinion and the phones released by BlackBerry aren't going to appeal to everyone.

I happen to appreciate the ability to run Android apps, and it is my opinion that BB10 would do better with an officially supported Google Play Store. Indifferent on the curved screen and appreciate the ability to use a PKB when it makes sense. In my opinion, the VKB needs to be the one from BB10. This is how I will likely use the device. I currently have a Z30 with Cobalt's modified Google Play Store and wish I could have the best of both worlds.

I recognize that BlackBerry is a business and it needs to generate revenue. Unfortunately BB10 as good and secure as it is did not fly with the rest of the world. Personally, I dislike the iOS and find it clunky. Android has come a long way in the last 5 years and I see value in an amalgamation of BB10 features with Android.

It really is all about apps. As much as I look to BlackBerry World for apps first and foremost, the latest version of banking apps that I use are not there. If security is good enough for the banks, it will have to be good enough for me.

MediaX doesn't have all the features of Plex which is the app I use the most in my personal life. I could live without Chromecast support if AirPlay was supported.

It is my opinion that the Slider will sell more than all previous BB10 devices combined. In the end, time will tell as it is only an opinion.

The fanboyism that I see on this site from both sites reminds me of the Atari vs Amiga arguments from the past. Again, just an opinion, but I believe BlackBerry would distance itself from most people's opinions on this site, and rightly so. At the end of the day, BlackBerry needs to make their majority shareholders happy and nobody else.

I will proudly buy a Slider and look forward to using it. Undoubtedly, my Z30 will be my backup just in case. As much as I wish it is BB10 with GPS, it will likely be Android with a BB10 feel, and I am okay with that.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for saving me from writing a lengthy paragraph, I agree with this 100%.

I'm on my 7th BlackBerry and can't wait to finally have a full ecosystem of apps.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 12:00 PM
    I can see why you are acting this way.
    Its like a devoutly religious person contemplating the possibility that god does not love them.

Still does not give you the right to be a twonk.
    Not only is he a twonk, he's also a jabroni.

08-25-15 03:15 PM
    Not only is he a twonk, he's also a jabroni.

So calling me an id!ot and jobless loser makes you two clowns feel good? Take a look at yourselves.
    08-25-15 08:17 PM
    So calling me an id!ot and jobless loser makes you two clowns feel good? Take a look at yourselves.
    Well you did spell ***** with an exclamation point so maybe there are a few marbles loose up in your noggin.

Relax man! No need to get wound up. It's just a forum. No need to take all this to heart.

08-25-15 08:26 PM
    Well you did spell ***** with an exclamation point so maybe there are a few marbles loose up in your noggin.

Relax man! No need to get wound up. It's just a forum. No need to take all this to heart.

I spelled it like that to get past the sensors. Didn't you notice your post after you posted it?? Man, you just keep showing your true intelligence don't you.
    08-25-15 08:28 PM
    I spelled it like that to get past the sensors. Didn't you notice your post after you posted it?? Man, you just keep showing your true intelligence don't you.
    Well you also could have said moron. Just sayin'

08-25-15 08:31 PM
    Well you also could have said moron. Just sayin'

I'm done with you.
    08-25-15 08:33 PM
    I'm done with you.
    I love you too, man!

08-25-15 08:34 PM
    Thank you for saving me from writing a lengthy paragraph, I agree with this 100%.

I'm on my 7th BlackBerry and can't wait to finally have a full ecosystem of apps.

Posted via CB10
    But also I deeply care about 2 things:

1. Continued support.
    2. Security.

Wide vision, from Chile.
    08-25-15 09:12 PM
    If this device suffers from double typing though, it'll be their nail in the coffin.

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-25-15 09:56 PM
    If this device suffers from double typing though, it'll be their nail in the coffin.

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    Running android is already going to be the nail in the coffin in my opinion. But you are right though.
    08-25-15 10:11 PM
    BlackBerry slider should be called BlackBerry Phoenix. This device will rise up this company from ashes.

Edit: just feel sleepy

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    08-26-15 05:28 AM
    Years ago I purchased a pair of BlackBerry Torch devices (9800 and 9810). To my regret, none of my friends nor colleagues were carrying such BlackBerry devices with sliding keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    Why the regret? Does what your friends and colleagues use have a direct correlation to the type of device you utilize? Did the device's cause you grief?

Posted using 10.2.1, thankfully not 10.3.2
    08-26-15 06:36 AM
    I think it's fair to say :-

Some people will love the slider and some people won't.

Some will go all in for the BB10 experience on it.

Some will want all BB bloatware removed to keep it majorly android.

It gives the owner choice in using it how they wish and this is what may actually help it do well.
    08-26-15 06:19 PM
    What kind of comments are those? Are you off your meds?
    Look, I started a thread (opinion) about the slider. Now some clown used the exact format and started this thread because he is an android fanboy and tried to make me look stupid for having an opinion. The PROPER thing to do was post in MY thread his opinions instaed of making a thread to try and mock me. Now I'm getting all kinds of rude comments and posts. People here are just getting ruder by the day and that's what I meant about leaving CrackBerry. It's becoming an android fan site and losing the loyal BlackBerry users like it used to be.
    I'm not exactly a loyal BlackBerry fan but the rude part is pretty spot on. I think it's fine if BlackBerry wants to put the hub, BBM, and other overlay on Android. It is an open source OS. I just think that they do need to possibly consider that not everyone will be open to this. Perhaps you can have the option of Android or BB10. Like have an autoloader where BB10/Android can be installed through BlackBerry software. So people could have what they want. I'd vote sell it with Android as it will get them on the radar but offer the free install to BB10 (or whichever native BB OS is available at the time). Allow users to change the OS whenever they please. That would be a fair way to please the loyalists and the adopters like myself.

That's just me dreaming. I own something from every OS. I think I'm more fluid than most across platforms...

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.
    lift likes this.
    08-26-15 08:46 PM
    We've all seen Android's hard KB on the CB news here. And if you go to an Apple store or website you will see Typo's hard KB for IPhones. So there is a market for it! It's for working people that need to squeeze every once of Productivity on a smartphone. So no, teenagers ain't the targeted audience.

No matter how you slice & dice it, a hard KB allows for better typing.

Combine that with availability of Android apps & The Productivity factor is thru the roof! Contrary to what fanbois say... Productivity does not stop or end with the Hub! It Doesn't!

It bears repeating.... Productivity does not stop or end with the Hub.

You can go on about apps and fan boys all day. Bb10 does so many things that android can't WITHOUT apps. Some of its the hub, but while you might have a point for some people on apps that android offers that BlackBerry doesn't have, you cannot just boil bb10 down to the hub. It is so much more than that. Google and it's invasive policies are another factor. Amazon is getting just as bad. If people want a pkb, fine I get it. I could care less. I'm not even all that concerned with productivity that you all like to carry on about. I could do most of what I need to do for work with a flip phone. Bottom line is, for most bb10 users, it's about the os, the way it works smoothly and like for me, it's not Google driven. It has absolutely nothing with being a BlackBerry fan boy. The only BlackBerry I had touched before buying bb10 were a couple os7 devices that a couple coworkers owned. It's about the hub, it's about the vkb, it's about all those little contact features like changing ring tones and the calendar that I don't need an app for. It's able the best mobile browser I've ever seen in terms of speed. It's about being able to send a group text without jumping through hoops. It's about a little added personal privacy. It's just the flow of the whole thing that android and ios do not have. Best os out there in my experience, period. Having an opinion doesn't make one a fan boy. Get tired of comments from android fan boys calling those who prefer BlackBerry fan boys. If you like android then go buy one, I bought what I like. I recognize that some people may legitimately need apps that BlackBerry doesn't have. I wish BlackBerry had full filled that. No it doesn't stop and end with the hub, but the only thing android offers over BlackBerry is the appstore. Other than that it sucks. To use your terms, productivity doesn't stop with the Google play store. None of this was meant in a hateful manner, just making a point.

Posted via CB10
    ediggity likes this.
    08-30-15 08:05 AM
    Here's what I want :
    1. A great piece of hardware that has a physical keyboard and on screen kb. And rounded edges !
    2. A CHOICE which os to use. If I don't like one I want to wipe it and load another.
    3. The FREEDOM to use it on any carrier.
    4. A better than average warranty and support experience if I need it. I'm pretty self serve, but you never know...
    5. A no bloat, load what I want and delete what I don't app experience.
    6. Something shaped like an eyeglass case that folds totally over onto itself. No more cracked screens and **** dials.
    7. A device NOT built by the communists that DOES not report back to Kim Ding Dong or whatever other dictatorship that steals western technology.
    8. A REMOVABLE battery. I carry a spare.
    9. Apps that..well, just see #7.
    10. Blackberry to get its S&it together and MARKET an affordable device. Not everyone wants a thousand dollar phone.

I know I'm dreaming...
    Last edited by Jimbo Wants Blackberry; 08-30-15 at 12:09 PM.
    08-30-15 09:46 AM
    I am a Passport lover but this slider as got me thinking, It has the keyboard which I love and if it does run android it will have all the apps I need all in one device such as snapchat and periscope that I'm missing currently on BB10.... however if snapcht and periscope could work on my passport then this would be a very tough choice !
    08-30-15 10:56 AM
    I am very impressed after seeing the clearer pics. Would i buy one myself? Eventually, if I do have the choice to run it on BB10 and not android. I would be first interested in getting a Classic and / or the silver Passport. It seems odd to me that the keyboard pulls out on the bottom instead of sideways. The phone would be too top-heavy to keyboard text without setting it down on a table or your lap anyway, and it seems like a sideways keyboard would be a better fit. But this is something you would learn hands-on, not from looking at pics, just my impression.

People have to know about it and be able to see and touch it in a store. Otherwise it wont sell any better than any of the other marvelous BB10 phones.
    08-30-15 11:19 AM
    True. I would think sideways slide would be better. And yeah, if no stores to let you have hands on experience...it's an uphill battle on a listing ship. Market. Market. Market. Carriers are overloaded with robot phones. Perhaps they're coming to their senses...
    08-30-15 11:46 AM
131 ... 3456