All I'm saying is that I'm getting the Slider.

Posted via CB10
    Mike Owsley and ayngling like this.
    08-23-15 12:32 PM
    BTW, black is not a colour, it's a shade.

Posted via CB10
    Right.. Did I get my point across or did that inaccuracy muddle my meaning?

Did you possibly consider I meant this meaning of colors:

colors
    a. A colored item, such as a badge, ribbon, or piece of clothing, serving as an identifying mark: wore the colors of their college.

b. A flag or banner, as of a country or military unit: a ship flying the colors of Brazil.
    08-23-15 12:37 PM
    I don't know. I'm to the point where BlackBerry is getting schizophrenic to me and doesn't have a clue what to do beside keep throwing stuff at the wall and hope something sticks. This is one reason a lot of ex users, long gone, and people who have never used them won't even consider it. But we'll see.

Heck even some of the biggest supporters on here have bailed or are.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    08-23-15 12:43 PM
    In fact all hard proofs out there boil down to this: there are some internal promo renderings using a modeled BlackBerry phone of something that was announced by John Chen himself (exhibit 1: http://m.crackberry.com/john-chen-wo...os-and-android , December 2013), mixed with some Android internal prototypes that were used to test the thing (exhibit 2: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Black...ssport_id72939 , notice that while the recommended Linux release to run Lollipop 5.1 on is 4.0.3, the kernel here is 3.4, matching exactly the kernels indicated in exhibit 3: http://www.google.com/search?q=andro...ement&hl=es-ES , indicating homemade builds of Android), plus some Maya jobs obtained from leaked schematics, plus another Maya job with an Android stock image slapped on, plus a list of all APKs comprising the BlackBerry Experience Suite.

The facts seem to support this:
    - The BlackBerry Slider has been leaked.
    - The BlackBerry Experience Suite for Android has been leaked.

The available facts don't support:
    - Future plans about the death of BlackBerry 10, BES, of how BlackBerry can commit corporate suicide.
    - Future plans regarding Android.
    - An Elopocalypse scenario (with "Burning Platform memo" included)

Seriously, even the Hypervisor has more facts behind it (exhibit 4: http://m.theregister.co.uk/2015/02/18/qnx_hypervisor/ , notice how it says "it only runs on ARMv7 processors", to be GA in Q3, 2015, notice how the GA date is surprisingly close to the Slider release date, and notice how there is an official announcement by QNX)

Wide vision, from Chile.
    Last edited by Alejandro Nova; 08-23-15 at 02:30 PM.
    Mike Owsley and Davidro1 like this.
    08-23-15 02:08 PM
    Why do you think there is no market for physical keyboard smartphones? How can you know? Do you work for a market analysis company?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 02:12 PM
    Why do you think there is no market for physical keyboard smartphones? How can you know? Do you work for a market analysis company?

Posted via CB10
    Normally one could respond with its his gut feeling or something else like no need to upgrade due to build quality yet we know Neither is the case. It just the market cap and the market Penetration that shows the is hardly any market at all on a global scale. Just the facts that allow anyone to make the same claim and standardised

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 02:49 PM
    LOL!!!

Hey, free world, I can laugh whatever and whenever I want. Besides, http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...inion-1034511/

Was I wrong? Was I right? I don't care, I just found it funny all of this seems to just affect you coz somebody used your format for the wrong (for you) reasons. I mean, so what? Is that wrong?

LOL whatever man, stew in your juices or something.
    You think it's a free world? Sad fantasy.

All Hail Thorsten. Mother and Father of my Beloved Z10.
    08-23-15 02:57 PM
    I have used the Z10, Q10, Z30 and Classic. The Z30 was a great phone and I miss the screen. Classic is a great phone too, but it's a work phone, little or no play.

I think BB10 is a great OS. It's not cluttered and very functional. Very simple to use. But the lack of apps is killing me. Long distance friends ask to video chat on FB and I have to run home and pull out my laptop. I randomly receive a check and I can't just whip out my phone and deposit it. My daughter is bored while her mother spends hours in the shoes/handbag section at the department store and wants to play a game on my phone, well she can't cause the selection is either limited or the android sideload doesn't work properly.

As much as I like Blackberry, I'm losing my patience with them. I think BB10 is dead. It was on life support from day 1.

I will use the Android phone by BlackBerry if it gives me the best of BB--a simple and user friendly UI--without the bloat of the typical Android.

Otherwise my next phone will be iOS.

I'm tired of workarounds and sideloading. It's time for BlackBerry to provide me with a smartphone that is truly functional for me.

Posted via CB10
    Stop it! You're making too much sense!
    08-23-15 04:52 PM
    I know a lot of people here on CrackBerry seem to dislike the slider. In my opinion, it's going to be a major success. Please hear me out and really give this some thought.

Reasons I feel it will succeed:

1) Running Android

The mainstream market doesn't care about BB10. People want to have access to all apps without having to go to a niche internet forum to download several apps just to get the Play Store running.

2) Curved screen

It looks sexy.

3) Slider

I love having the option to use the touch screen when it's closed if all I want to do is send a quick text. If I plan on doing some serious typing, then pull out the keyboard and put it away when I'm done.

4) Vertical Slider

It's a small thing, but I like how I don't have to turn the phone sideways. Just pull it out of the pocket, slide out the keyboard, and walla.

5) Device will be premium

I only buy the best, which is why I automatically bought the Passport for $600. I have no problem paying a premium price for a premium device. You get what you pay for.

6) Lots of people are interested in the Slider

Have you been to r/Android recently? They can't praise the thing enough.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com..._from_evleaks/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com...roid_hub_like/

7) It's not a Samsung, LG, Motorola, etc.

A lot of people are tired of the same glass slabs they're carrying around in their pocket. A modern BlackBerry with a keyboard that runs Android is the perfect breath of fresh air.

8) All carriers will carry it.

Thank god, I hate being restricted to AT&T and T-Mobile.

9) People who miss BlackBerry can get back on board.

I pull out my Passport all the time, and I've never gotten a negative reaction. You would be surprised how many people miss physical keyboards. Now that BlackBerry has made an extremely consumer friendly phone, BlackBerry can easily get back some of their lost customers. Especially once people see that it runs Android.

10) Saturated Android Market

There are no high spec keyboard Android phones on the market. It will have that niche entirely to itself. Sure, there's the Samsung add on keyboard, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. Compare the Internets reaction to the Slider and the Samsung keyboard to see why.

11) It's not an all touch device

In a saturated Android market, releasing a phone that was exactly just like every other phone would have been terrible. A physical keyboard that's actually attached to the phone makes it the only of its kind in the Android world.

I think Chen & friends really nailed it it with this device, and that it's going to make a lot of money for the hardware division of the company. I showed my best friend the Slider, and he's buying it the day it comes out. And just look at all the people on r/Android who are excited for the device. I love BlackBerry and wish them the best, and I understand that sometimes things need to change in order to survive. If developing phones to run on Android is the pill I have to swallow to still have phones with physical keyboards, so be it.
    You are totally right!

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 05:41 PM
    LOL!!!

Hey, free world, I can laugh whatever and whenever I want. Besides, http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...inion-1034511/

Was I wrong? Was I right? I don't care, I just found it funny all of this seems to just affect you coz somebody used your format for the wrong (for you) reasons. I mean, so what? Is that wrong?

LOL whatever man, stew in your juices or something.
    People like this make's me just want to leave these forums. You got some kind of problem or something?
    08-23-15 09:53 PM
    I am sure there is prior art for the numbered list.
    smh
    That's not what I meant and you know it.
    08-23-15 09:54 PM
    Don't look now but breaking news: New Passport Silver Ed will run Android. Heh heh.
    08-23-15 10:38 PM
    can you link to the article?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-23-15 11:09 PM
    People like this make's me just want to leave these forums. You got some kind of problem or something?
    Are you off your meds?

That's not what I meant and you know it.
    What are you so **** hurt about?
    Nobody is stopping you from leaving.
    08-24-15 08:49 AM
    Are you off your meds?

What are you so **** hurt about?
    Nobody is stopping you from leaving.
    What kind of comments are those? Are you off your meds?
    Look, I started a thread (opinion) about the slider. Now some clown used the exact format and started this thread because he is an android fanboy and tried to make me look stupid for having an opinion. The PROPER thing to do was post in MY thread his opinions instaed of making a thread to try and mock me. Now I'm getting all kinds of rude comments and posts. People here are just getting ruder by the day and that's what I meant about leaving CrackBerry. It's becoming an android fan site and losing the loyal BlackBerry users like it used to be.
    08-24-15 10:31 AM
    Look, I started a thread (opinion) about the slider. Now some clown used the exact format and started this thread because he is an android fanboy and tried to make me look stupid for having an opinion. The PROPER thing to do was post in MY thread his opinions instaed of making a thread to try and mock me. Now I'm getting all kinds of rude comments and posts. People here are just getting ruder by the day and that's what I meant about leaving CrackBerry. It's becoming an android fan site and losing the loyal BlackBerry users like it used to be.
    I don't believe the individual was trying to make you look stupid for having an opinion. That was the underlying message. Every person in this site has an opinion and the phones released by BlackBerry aren't going to appeal to everyone.

I happen to appreciate the ability to run Android apps, and it is my opinion that BB10 would do better with an officially supported Google Play Store. Indifferent on the curved screen and appreciate the ability to use a PKB when it makes sense. In my opinion, the VKB needs to be the one from BB10. This is how I will likely use the device. I currently have a Z30 with Cobalt's modified Google Play Store and wish I could have the best of both worlds.

I recognize that BlackBerry is a business and it needs to generate revenue. Unfortunately BB10 as good and secure as it is did not fly with the rest of the world. Personally, I dislike the iOS and find it clunky. Android has come a long way in the last 5 years and I see value in an amalgamation of BB10 features with Android.

It really is all about apps. As much as I look to BlackBerry World for apps first and foremost, the latest version of banking apps that I use are not there. If security is good enough for the banks, it will have to be good enough for me.

MediaX doesn't have all the features of Plex which is the app I use the most in my personal life. I could live without Chromecast support if AirPlay was supported.

It is my opinion that the Slider will sell more than all previous BB10 devices combined. In the end, time will tell as it is only an opinion.

The fanboyism that I see on this site from both sites reminds me of the Atari vs Amiga arguments from the past. Again, just an opinion, but I believe BlackBerry would distance itself from most people's opinions on this site, and rightly so. At the end of the day, BlackBerry needs to make their majority shareholders happy and nobody else.

I will proudly buy a Slider and look forward to using it. Undoubtedly, my Z30 will be my backup just in case. As much as I wish it is BB10 with GPS, it will likely be Android with a BB10 feel, and I am okay with that.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 11:42 AM
    Now some clown used the exact format and started this thread because he is an android fanboy<snip/>
    I think you call people android fanboys just because they don't conform to your narrow definition of what a loyal Blackberry fan should be.

<snip/>and tried to make me look stupid<snip/>
    You did that better than anyone else could.

The PROPER thing to do was post in MY thread his opinions instaed of making a thread to try and mock me.
    Thanks for the etiquette lesson.

Now I'm getting all kinds of rude comments and posts. People here are just getting ruder by the day and that's what I meant about leaving CrackBerry. It's becoming an android fan site and losing the loyal BlackBerry users like it used to be.
    Your post history shows you have a fairly rude streak and you are intolerant of opinions that differ from your own.
    Combined with your thin skin it's no wonder people mock you.
    How can we miss you if you won't go away?
    08-24-15 11:53 AM
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. In this thread and in your own thread, you are the one insulting people and dismissing any opposing opinion as fanboyism. None of your points in the other thread have any ground in reality and rely on personal opinions and anecdotes. "I like BlackBerry the way it is now" is not a reason why Chen "blew it" on the slider. In the end, your argument amounts to nothing more than "I don't like it, therefore they shouldn't have done it". Additionally, brand loyalty is illogical. If a product doesn't meet your needs, you move on to another product that does. No one needs to be "loyal" to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    anon(6038817) and Bbnivende like this.
    08-24-15 12:06 PM
    BTW, black is not a colour, it's a shade.

Posted via CB10
    Black is the absence of light/color.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    08-24-15 12:36 PM
    you have a fairly rude streak and you are intolerant of opinions that differ from your own
    Calling the kettle black. You're a joke.
    08-24-15 02:01 PM
    I kinda agree... to many of your points...

And IMO after all it's not people with a BlackBerry device but those people that do not use a BlackBerry device that they need to save their hardware business...
    08-24-15 02:17 PM
    It's great to see Our Chief Chen investing in top-tier hardware for their future devices. I hope they adopt a minimum two-year life cycle with the slider so that the platform can mature and they can move the tech world away from unnecessary hardware upgrades.

It's so refreshing to be a fan of BlackBerry hardware because one can wait as long as a year and still feel like their hardware is relevant and supported within BlackBerry Word, unlike other companies who seem to push consumers to start looking ahead after half a year.
    08-24-15 02:19 PM
    Go home buddy, you're drunk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-25-15 12:55 AM
    So being rude is related to Android? ^^

By the way: don't you think that too many people use ecosystems as their spare religion? Some are even really fanatic and praise their religion (ecosystem) as the best and try to discredit others.

Maybe they should introduce iChapel and Google Prey ^^

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 01:48 AM
    Go home buddy, you're drunk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    My point exactly. Another rude comment and you have nothing to do with the disagreement. Bet you love android too.
    08-25-15 07:44 AM
131 ... 23456