Bbry is now a client nation of the empire of Google - you can make some changes but they are pretty minor - most gestures are out of bounds.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    Well.. yes and no. I still see some OEMs come up with stuff like gestures and that's perfectly fine.

Example: App Save slide aside gesture in the LG G2:

So if BlackBerry wants to implement gestures they are free to do so, maybe in future updates. Whether it will be implement well though, that's a different story.
    09-27-15 08:40 PM
    It was not an offical presentation and what could he have shown in nearly a minute? Get over it and look forward to the official release

I would like to see similar videos (featuring Priv) released before the three year contract with Mercedes AMG F1 Team expires.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 09:23 PM
    If these are the kinds of presentation skills you need to be a CEO (let alone one whom presumably 'rescues' companies) sign me up.

'of course i have to set it up its a demo unit' - im sorry what?
    the mumbling afterwards

lord have mercy. I work retail and if this was the kind of presentation i did in front of customers with non-functioning (or at least not fully functioning) demo unit i'd be having a serious talking to by management.

No wonder BBRY's stock has plummeted from an all time high of over $200 to the price of a starbucks coffee - guess its better than a tim hortons coffee? From those two bafoons, to this "Thorsten" guy who probably just wanted to sell the company so he could rake in his $60 something million golden parachute to this guy.

Presents the new flagship phone, doesn't even have internet setup.

What am I doing wrong in life.
    Mr Barkers likes this.
    09-27-15 09:41 PM
    I felt he should have known a little more about the new device, but in the end when she held up the new Priv and showed it off, I was sold.

I am buying a couple of the units as soon as the device is officially released, I am excited about trying the device out.
    I mean I don't understand what the excitement is about. if its android you wanna try out you can do that using the nexus device. its the same thing. there is nothing new about this device apart from a blackberry logo on an android device.
    09-27-15 10:44 PM
    I guess on the company earnings event day the Priv was like he said leaking out everywhere and its best to get the consumers interests by showing it off and giving a un-planned demo. If you really care about the review or demo of the device you can just look up on youtube.
    09-27-15 10:45 PM
    I mean I don't understand what the excitement is about. if its android you wanna try out you can do that using the nexus device. its the same thing. there is nothing new about this device apart from a blackberry logo on an android device.
    The Hub. I want to see it. See if they integrate SMS, BBM, etc.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    chalx likes this.
    09-27-15 10:47 PM
    They can add the hub where flipboard is, it'll be like bb10, and yes they can still add the gestures, android 4.4.2 have the ability to swipe from bottom of the device to the top to open the flipboard app (that I've seen in a note 3)

CB10�Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    09-27-15 11:26 PM
    One for myself, my brother and a friend also wants the device, so there are three sold the day it's released.
    Mr Bakron I know you're fielding a lot of offers for "new friend" but how about adopting me as your new brother?

I could be your chauffeur or something and maybe you could teach me the business. I'm not even kidding. Reading your posts for almost 2 years I can see you have a mind that goes places.

Seriously though I bet it's nice to be your brother or friend.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2639 / T-Mobile USA
    MO3iusONE and anon4226395 like this.
    09-28-15 12:08 AM
    One question to ask is why there wasn't a plan to formally announce the device. The most likely reason is that it isn't coming anytime soon. probably not in November is my guess.
    kirson likes this.
    09-28-15 12:09 AM
    One question to ask is why there wasn't a plan to formally announce the device. The most likely reason is that it isn't coming anytime soon. probably not in November is my guess.
    I thought on the earnings call they said this calendar year?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-28-15 12:24 AM
    Well.. yes and no. I still see some OEMs come up with stuff like gestures and that's perfectly fine.

So if BlackBerry wants to implement gestures they are free to do so, maybe in future updates. Whether it will be implement well though, that's a different story.
    I have the lG G2 - its a terrible gesture - its used because most of the common ways of invoking gestures are already used by Android - which is what I mean above - they can do it but not in a way that fundamentally changes android - so if you might get some BB gestures but they will be odd and not intuitive at all.
    09-28-15 12:50 AM
    That Chen demo was horrid-img_20150928_010549_edit.png

09-28-15 01:06 AM
    People tend to buy multiples when it comes to blackberries I guess lol

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-28-15 01:44 AM

As I mentioned before Swipe Navigation will bring your beloved gesture back, and more. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...wipenavigation

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 01:57 AM
    I've just watched it and I think its pretty embarrassing that he didn't know how to use the phone and it was freezing too.
    09-28-15 03:29 AM
    This comment from Gizmodo pait it well I think:

That Chen demo was horrid-untitled.jpg
    09-28-15 03:38 AM
    This comment from Gizmodo pait it well I think:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	373431
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150928_010549_edit.png 
Views:	402 
Size:	178.4 KB 
ID:	373428

Nice, so they managed to turn the real interest and buzz back into the usual blogger ridicule.

Amazing.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 06:36 AM
    "Everybody love the BlackBerry 10, they really do. But there's no apps." - John Chen CEO of BlackBerry...

I thought BlackBerry 10 can run Android apps...

I counted 5 taps to get Chrome to run. Apparently the phone is running "Google"... as quoted by Chen.
    09-28-15 07:46 AM
    The main feature of the phone is the sliding keyboard. You would think that would have been shown off at a minimum. I want to see how much the device "bounces" when pecking at the QWERTY keyboard on such a long device...

Maybe they'll announce a new sticker pack to distract everyone...
    09-28-15 08:06 AM
    As I mentioned before Swipe Navigation will bring your beloved gesture back, and more. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...wipenavigation

Posted via CB10
    This one requires root. Should go under the assumption that the Priv is unrootable.
    09-28-15 08:08 AM
    The verge puts out a not so positive article about the new slider

BlackBerry CEO struggles to demonstrate the company's new Android slider | The Verge

C'mon John get your sh^t together
    This was an embarrassment

Oh my God........I admit I have a blackberry Q10 and love it but Chen really ****ed up here. He just sounds so off and acts like a fool.......Did he use the phone beforehand ? He sounds like a little kid trying to explain it - "it runs google???"
    Last edited by aussieinjapan; 09-28-15 at 08:42 AM. Reason: more info
    09-28-15 08:16 AM
    In the smartphone business, it has become tradition for CEOs and other top executives to demo new devices and act like they are amazing new pieces of technology. Product launches are huge productions and executives know all of the new features, how to use them, how to demo them, and how they will make life easier for the customer. A CEO in that business needs to have that skill and knowledge (for which he is very highly paid). Otherwise, he looks like an amateur and his company looks small-time. A CEO in the smartphone business should be an operations/numbers guy, but he also has to be a bit of a showman. He is paid way too much money for it to be acceptable to shine only in one skill set.
    09-28-15 09:13 AM
    The verge
    I stopped reading.
    09-28-15 09:25 AM
    In the smartphone business, it has become tradition for CEOs and other top executives to demo new devices and act like they are amazing new pieces of technology. Product launches are huge productions and executives know all of the new features, how to use them, how to demo them, and how they will make life easier for the customer. A CEO in that business needs to have that skill and knowledge (for which he is very highly paid). Otherwise, he looks like an amateur and his company looks small-time. A CEO in the smartphone business should be an operations/numbers guy, but he also has to be a bit of a showman. He is paid way too much money for it to be acceptable to shine only in one skill set.
    Preferred this Chen moment (with Amber) to that dreadful BB10 launch in NYC, with the previous CEO acting like a Steve Jobs wannabe and backed up by a nervous looking team of fading Canadiana. Now THAT was embarrassing....
    09-28-15 09:32 AM
    I stopped reading.
    Good on you ! well done mate....now read this....

Well it is one of the most popular tech websites read by many ! They have a huge following especially now that they have walt mossberg contributing !

and I may add, A CEO just doesnt need to act like that - oh jeez
    09-28-15 09:36 AM
147 ... 23456