He should have handed over the device and let the chick drive and experience the phone that way.

What is there to show? It's android... everyone is familiar with android and it's basic function. Showing off what is different or talking about it is the key.

He may not be able to show security so talk about it and stuff, show the keyboard and boom, that's about it.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 09:35 AM
    Perhaps Apple would've done a much better demo job, fast forward to WWDC 2018:

"I present you today, the new iPhone 8T. We've went a completely new direction we have never ventured before."

(proceeds to slide open keyboard)

"T, for typewriter. T, for tactile, because we know nothing beats the actual feel when you type. You get a whole 30% more screen real estate for your emails, webpages, to get the creative juices flowing. And there's more."

(slides finger over keyboard, screen scrolls)

"We call it is the Magical Typewriter. You do NOT need to put your finger on the screen to scroll."
    09-27-15 10:04 AM
    Apple will steal the form factor soon, and with the next iOS being more gesture based it will make what is essentially an apple webos pre hybrid... about time, those old crew palm UI employees are put to use.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 10:09 AM
    Apple will steal the form factor soon, and with the next iOS being more gesture based it will make what is essentially an apple webos pre hybrid... about time, those old crew palm UI employees are put to use.

Posted via CB10
    Funny thing is that would've been what Jon Rubenstein visioned the iPhone to be in the first place. There was an urban legend (forgot where I heard it) that the Pre was supposed to be one of the original iPhone concepts but it got turned down.
    09-27-15 10:12 AM
    (slides finger over keyboard, screen scrolls)

"We call it is the Magical Typewriter. You do NOT need to put your finger on the screen to scroll."[/QUOTE]

hahahahhahah

thank you
    09-27-15 11:36 AM
    when she held up the new Priv and showed it off, I was sold.

I am buying a couple of the units as soon as the device is officially released, I am excited about trying the device out.
    are you going to buy one once it releases? not sure if you've mentioned that already.
    09-27-15 01:18 PM
    Did anyone else notice when he tried exiting Chrome he tried to swipe up before realizing he had to hit the home button? Haha poor guy. It was also disappointing seeing how slow Chrome was to launch. Is that normal? I haven't used an Android device extensively before so I dunno.

 Posted via CB10 - Passport - 10.3.2.2639 
    09-27-15 01:40 PM
    Did anyone else notice when he tried exiting Chrome he tried to swipe up before realizing he had to hit the home button? Haha poor guy. It was also disappointing seeing how slow Chrome was to launch. Is that normal? I haven't used an Android device extensively before so I dunno.

yes it's normal. get used to it.
    09-27-15 01:55 PM

To be fair, I think Chen carries a Passport? I know I do that all the time every time I used an Android phone. Swipe gestures are more muscle memory than visual interface, and you just get used to swiping. S'why I was so interested in BB10 initially.
    09-27-15 02:03 PM
    Chen should be fired. He's ridiculous, look how low the stock is and he's bringing in Android?? Ridiculous.

Fire Chen! Bring is our savior Thorsten!
    09-27-15 02:12 PM
    This isn't an official demo. John chen just talk a little bit about priv, just say Qualcomm processor, 5.5 inch (not to mention the resolution), bla bla bla, not all. Why is this discussed? Small thing that don't need to be enlarged.
    09-27-15 02:14 PM
    Finally somebody hits the mail on its head. Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 03:01 PM
    There have been exactly two official showings of the slider. One was a blurry shot of a flashlight from 20 feet away with a thumb in the middle. The other was an inept demo of a device that wasn't set up. Blackberry could learn a lot about product presentation. This is their main hardware launch for this year.
    09-27-15 03:18 PM
    To be fair, I think Chen carries a Passport? I know I do that all the time every time I used an Android phone. Swipe gestures are more muscle memory than visual interface, and you just get used to swiping. S'why I was so interested in BB10 initially.
    I agree. I'm gonna miss swipe gestures if they haven't baked them into their version of Android.

09-27-15 03:55 PM
    im not sure how you all can say this isnt official showing. Its the fricking CEO of the company and the FIRST actual look that wasnt leaked for the most part. This was pretty much like when the royal baby is shown for the first time. Its as official as it gets.
    09-27-15 04:13 PM
    I agree. I'm gonna miss swipe gestures if they haven't baked them into their version of Android.

Bbry is now a client nation of the empire of Google - you can make some changes but they are pretty minor - most gestures are out of bounds.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    techvisor and Coachbulldog like this.
    09-27-15 04:18 PM
    im not sure how you all can say this isnt official showing. Its the fricking CEO of the company and the FIRST actual look that wasnt leaked for the most part. This was pretty much like when the royal baby is shown for the first time. Its as official as it gets.

I don't think any of this was planned at all. A last minute decision, which explains why the websites and all the 'marketing' material appears so rushed,.. because it was!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/techn...service=mobile

As for why he�s ready to reveal the existence of the phone now, he says the decision came to him Thursday night.

�The reason why I jumped the gun today is because it�s leaking everywhere,� an exasperated Mr. Chen told analysts on an early morning conference call. Given the company had to face the markets with weak earnings, and the dozens of news reports and channel partners posting videos of the device, there was no option to try keeping it secret.
    Posted via CB10
    david7saad likes this.
    09-27-15 04:31 PM
    He was tongue tied because he doesn't know how to use bb10 & also the distracting pretty girl... he also forgot to trim his fingernails...

Bumpkin
    09-27-15 05:23 PM
    I don't think any of this was planned at all. A last minute decision, which explains why the websites and all the 'marketing' material appears so rushed,.. because it was!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/techn...service=mobile

Posted via CB10
    Whether it was planned or not... it was an 1d10t mistake... because it should have been well planned and choreographed.

John Chen... grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 06:30 PM
    He got a little flustered with Amber likely asking to see the device, probably should have just asked her for that not to be posted and did another run through of it. I mean, it wasn't even set up at all. Someone basically handed him a device that just booted up.
    ayngling and AnimalPak200 like this.
    09-27-15 06:47 PM
    He got a little flustered with Amber likely asking to see the device, probably should have just asked her for that not to be posted and did another run through of it. I mean, it wasn't even set up at all. Someone basically handed him a device that just booted up.
    Yeah,.. it's weird. BlackBerry always plays this uptight, 'not reactive' persona,.. and yet Chen, in person, always seems to just say things and gets flustered into doing things.

The result is a company that seems to have an impossible time anticipating, or at least keeping up with what its CEO is about to throw them into.

They should probably decide which corporate culture to adopt and stick to it.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 07:05 PM
    They should probably decide which corporate culture to adopt and stick to it.

Posted via CB10
    Shoulda coulda woulda a long time ago.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 07:32 PM
    Cmon surely u guys are not gonna look down on John Chen because of this minor hiccup?

He's already handling a dying company pretty well and all his achievements for the company has been spectacular. If it were to be handed off to some other guy to take over as CEO I think blackberry would have been a history of the past.

I would overlook this as him being playful to let the world know that even though he's cooperating with android, he still prefer the ol' blackberry ways as he tried to swipe out of chrome.

The things that he did for BlackBerry is something we should focus on and be grateful for that.
    david7saad likes this.
    09-27-15 07:42 PM
    Yeah it didn't seem like he wanted to hand it to her but was polite nonetheless and did so.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-27-15 08:17 PM
    I like how he thought he was going to reveal the keyboard at the end - a nice slab phone with a dramatic surprise at the end - A physical keyboard! Too bad she stole his thunder. Seriously, though, he didn't even have one or two apps that he could open up and perhaps scroll through some email or something? I guess it could have been worse, he could have accidentally dropped it and caused the two halves to fly apart.
    southlander and kirson like this.
    09-27-15 08:23 PM
147 12345 ...