i do that thru my UK account, and yes, straddles are a superb option play
    Livermore likes this.
    09-26-15 08:09 PM
    The video was terrible. Sorry, but if you are CEO, you do need some working knowledge of your product. Him explaining the name, then saying it ran "Google" was an example. He reminded me of my dad who has recently learned how to operate a smartphone. That's fine for my dad, but when you are the CEO of a company struggling to turn things around, it says a lot.
    Allanon89 likes this.
    09-26-15 08:26 PM
    The video was terrible. Sorry, but if you are CEO, you do need some working knowledge of your product. Him explaining the name, then saying it ran "Google" was an example. He reminded me of my dad who has recently learned how to operate a smartphone. That's fine for my dad, but when you are the CEO of a company struggling to turn things around, it says a lot.
    BNN is a very tiny parochial tv channel in Canada, and Amber is an incredibly erudite and beautiful reporter. She got her 15 mins on youtube; I got to see this wonderful device in scale, Chen is clearly enamoured by her. I suspect and hope, as you do, the "launch videos" will be better
    09-26-15 08:37 PM
    I know this is Android software, but BB10 swipe gestures are the most efficient I've ever used on a OS. I'd be really disappointed if the Priv didn't have these gestures on the final product.
    The target consumer for this phone doesn't know anything about BB10 or the gestures. For this phone to sell, it is going to have to be familiar to current Android users and that includes the current Android gestures.
    anon4226395 likes this.
    09-26-15 08:48 PM
    Vivek shoulda did the demo!!! I wish he was still at BBRY

College Valedictorian.. I.T. Pro... Red Passport on 10.3.1.2576 on ATT.. SoFlo... #LexusBoys #TeamVossen ...... #TeamVySol
    09-26-15 09:05 PM
    Yeah. Awkward. Smoothly demoing stuff like that takes some skill. Should have brought the other JC along. The guy that does the why I hate my BlackBerry vids. Lol.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-26-15 09:16 PM
    Vivek shoulda did the demo!!! I wish he was still at BBRY

College Valedictorian.. I.T. Pro... Red Passport on 10.3.1.2576 on ATT.. SoFlo... #LexusBoys #TeamVossen ...... #TeamVySol
    Apparently BBN tried to get him to review the Q2, but he was unavailable
    09-26-15 09:17 PM
    He knows what he's doing, but I think none of you noticed the lag on the device when he was trying to press the home button, that was before he tried the (bb10 gesture) on Google Chrome

CB10�Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    09-26-15 09:39 PM
    what is worse is Chen's aids did NOT pre-prep him before the interview!

200 non-core employees where fired last week ... I'd say keep them and let go Chen's aids for basically letting him go out and making a fool of himself and the company!

NO CEO should EVER show off a product their not fully familiar with using themselves.
    The difference between Dell's CEO, BlackBerry's CEO (Chen), Apple's current and former CEO's (Jobs and the new guy), is that all but one took the time to use actually USE their products to NOT look like fools showing them off not known what to do.

Sad part ... Chen was poking the Priv's screen like a teenage girl pokes icons on an iPhone ... that soft-peck peck peck like motion. He done should know they don't use the same sensors thus various results. To be honest you me nor anyone here could've done worse to be honest on our own maiden usage of the Priv.
    awakerman likes this.
    09-26-15 10:25 PM
    He knows what he's doing, but I think none of you noticed the lag on the device when he was trying to press the home button, that was before he tried the (bb10 gesture) on Google Chrome

I thought it was more like he kept missing the touch targets. If you hold your phone at an angle to try and show off something to someone, it is very easy to mis-touch when trying to navigate.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-26-15 10:33 PM
    I swear, so much hate for Chen on this forum. I was reading on reddit about the same video..people said it was tough to watch or cringe worthy but nobody said how much of an embarrassment or how pathetic Chen was. I'm just excited for the Priv to be released.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-26-15 10:50 PM
    they should of gotten JCaloy to do the video, but I haven't seen him around lately.
    09-26-15 11:01 PM
    It was a very painful video to watch. I kept wanting to take the device out of his hands and actually do something with it.

I get the feeling this is a precursor of their upcoming marketing campaign for the phone. Awkward, confusing and probably a little painful to watch.

Posted via CB10 on Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-27-15 06:01 AM
    Yes it was bad execution, but it's great that he used that moment to officially show off the device and keep it in the media's attention, good marketing decision, John Chen is doing a great job of turning around Blackberry.... Rome wasn't built in a day.

The Priv will sell like hot cakes and it will help the device division to turn much better profits!

Having a full android handset is a good step forward, and for those die hard bb10 fans they could easy make a slight design change and bring out another model a few months later with bb10... give them a chance to breath

"I roll with 2 passports, 1 for travelling and 1 for communicating"
    09-27-15 06:12 AM
    It was not an offical presentation and what could he have shown in nearly a minute? Get over it and look forward to the official release

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 06:25 AM
    As a CEO you should be prepared fully to demonstrate your new flagship.
    The biggest spite I have with that video is when Chen swipes up. I know this is Android software, but BB10 swipe gestures are the most efficient I've ever used on a OS. I'd be really disappointed if the Priv didn't have these gestures on the final product.
    Also in the interview the lady jokes about twitter instead of delving more into the product, seems the only thing she cared about was the "slide". *Sigh*

I cant find the article but when $BBRY released the official statements about the release of the Priv they did mention the new device will have a choice of OS, maybe I'm misinterpreting this but to me that sounds like you can choose Lollipop or BB10?

Discuss...
    Why oh why!? Why do you start another useless discussion about something that IS NOT TRUE AND WILL NOT BE!!! Please close this thread!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 06:39 AM
    I didn't like the Demo either, very unprofessional, this is a very important device to Blackberry, he should have been prepared, show something that would be appreciated by future customers, instead he showed us how unfamiliar and disconnected he is....im sure the device will still do well! As soon as the turn around is complete Blackberry will need a new CEO, someone who is techy.
    09-27-15 06:41 AM
    #WeNeedJeffGadwayBack!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 06:46 AM
    Although I really like what John Chen and his team have done with the Priv I think after Thorsten Heins (who's from the same little town where I live btw ^^) and John Chen, BlackBerry needs a CEO who can actually speak.

It's horrible to see a CEO of a company like BlackBerry babbling "It's running Google" or "Touchscreen and all the good stuff". Not to mention his horrible grammar. I'm not much better in talking and writing English but I'm no BlackBerry CEO either. ^^

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 07:26 AM
    One for myself, my brother and a friend also wants the device, so there are three sold the day it's released.
    Any chance you could buy another for a "friend"?
    :P
    09-27-15 07:32 AM
    Any chance you could buy another for a "friend"?
    :P
    Plus one for me and we'll be friends

09-27-15 07:35 AM
    While the terrible "demo" was not the end of the world, it was still pretty embarrassing.

As the CEO of the company you should at the very least be familiar with your competition's (previously) OS, let alone the OS you are attempting to use now to save your hardware business. It's as if he didn't have a single clue how Android runs...he could have at least swiped left or right, but it's as if he seemed flabbergasted that the device hung or wasn't set up. Weird all around to be honest.
    09-27-15 08:11 AM
    Let's move on It doesn't matter what John Chen did at the interview, it was an off the cuff interview, and the product will be officially launched, some time before the end of the year. At that time I'm sure that the Priv will be properly demonstrated. There will be many videos coming out in the interim.. Besides It's running Android. Android makes up 80% of smartphone users so I'm sure they won't need a demo on how to operate an Android Slider!.What they need to do is fully demonstrate what Blackberry has done to make the Slider different from the rest of the pack. Also they need to show off the keyboard capabilities, as well as the new security features. I am sure that they will do this fully. Too bad they can't have some celeb endorsing this new device, and showing off how cool it is, and then actually show a few features of this new device. Yes it will be a great launch, and there will be a lot of buzz surrounding this event, and then no one will remember that John Chen tried to swipe to turn on the device LOL..
    david7saad likes this.
    09-27-15 08:19 AM
    She is not one hot sexy lady, she is a professional broadcaster who is good at her job.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 08:56 AM
    Well now we know it's name let's see how it sells.
    09-27-15 09:34 AM
147 1234 ...