As a CEO you should be prepared fully to demonstrate your new flagship.
    The biggest spite I have with that video is when Chen swipes up. I know this is Android software, but BB10 swipe gestures are the most efficient I've ever used on a OS. I'd be really disappointed if the Priv didn't have these gestures on the final product.
    Also in the interview the lady jokes about twitter instead of delving more into the product, seems the only thing she cared about was the "slide". *Sigh*

I cant find the article but when $BBRY released the official statements about the release of the Priv they did mention the new device will have a choice of OS, maybe I'm misinterpreting this but to me that sounds like you can choose Lollipop or BB10?

Discuss...
    tp0d, meltbox360, harshik and 8 others like this.
    09-26-15 05:57 PM
    Are you serious? This was a very amusing and flirtatious exchange .Big up for Johnny
    BroncoVAL, Mecca EL and Shadowyugi like this.
    09-26-15 06:03 PM
    I'm not knockin Johnnys flirtatious ways... but lets talk bidness
    mithrazor likes this.
    09-26-15 06:08 PM
    I felt he should have known a little more about the new device, but in the end when she held up the new Priv and showed it off, I was sold.

I am buying a couple of the units as soon as the device is officially released, I am excited about trying the device out.
    Mecca EL, ayngling and Shadowyugi like this.
    09-26-15 06:10 PM
    Lol a lot of people have been poking so much fun at how unprepared Mr. Chen was.
    glenard and earlym like this.
    09-26-15 06:10 PM
    Bidness
    1.The opposite of legitimate business.
    2.A street hustle, or a shady and mostly illegal business venture.
    3. Dealings that aren't exactly "street legal"

and your point is?
    09-26-15 06:13 PM
    ? Loll

Who cares, that was a one-off interview with bnn - not a launch event.

He also clearly stated it was a beta unit and it wasn't even set up properly.

I saw it positively, I thought it was amusing he sorta didn't know how to operate it.

And op, u misinterpreted it - the choice in OS refers to their product line as a whole, not the Priv

Posted via CB10
    david7saad likes this.
    09-26-15 06:13 PM
    Mark Baka should be the new CEO of $BBRY
    09-26-15 06:15 PM
    Lol a lot of people have been poking so much fun at how unprepared Mr. Chen was.
    but she is one hot sexy girl... and he knows that too
    slade632 and Shadowyugi like this.
    09-26-15 06:15 PM
    Mark Baka should be the new CEO of $BBRY
    inspired suggestion
    09-26-15 06:18 PM
    but she is one hot sexy girl... and he knows that too
    Now that you mention it, she very well could have been the cause of his nervousness!
    09-26-15 06:27 PM
    He should atleast have set the phone up before doing the interview. It looked like it was just booted for the first time almost. Very awkward indeed.

here is link BTW

BNN - Watch TV Online | EXCLUSIVE: John Chen Shows Off the Priv
    09-26-15 06:27 PM
    I already said it on Twitter last night and I mean no disrespect to John Chen but he needs some acting workshop lessons to learn how to put on a huge presentation. Even Managing Directors and CEO's who would have been invited to an event need to be presented a show. Steve Jobs was a master at presenting the next big thing and Tim Cook is good as well. I am not saying Chen should know the complete ins and outs of how to act, just the basic fundamentals to captivate an audience.
    09-26-15 06:28 PM
    I felt he should have known a little more about the new device, but in the end when she held up the new Priv and showed it off, I was sold.

I am buying a couple of the units as soon as the device is officially released, I am excited about trying the device out.
    How many device do you really need?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 07:28 PM
    My own theory is... BB the company was not really ready to do a full blown reveal on Friday. They had to act because of the leak of the name the day before. That's why he used the angle of the Company being "a victim" of privacy of the leak. He never had a chance to rehearse the presentation. Wasn't he in Israel the day before on a Tech meeting??

Not a BB apologist. Just check out all my posts all over these forums on the slow descent to uselessness of my BB10 Z30.
    david7saad likes this.
    09-26-15 07:41 PM
    I completely disagree. This "slider" device has been in the works for awhile now. Wasn't it presented very briefly at a show at the beginning of 2015? All he had to do was some basic explaining, ask Mark from Baka its not that hard.
    09-26-15 07:46 PM
    I have to agree with the thread author, if this occur with an employee he could be fire instantly.

It's incredible how the top guy in this company doesn't know how to deal with the product that could save them.
    Lawmen23, Rjinswand and devin266 like this.
    09-26-15 07:47 PM
    How many device do you really need?

Posted via CB10
    One for myself, my brother and a friend also wants the device, so there are three sold the day it's released.
    09-26-15 07:48 PM
    I had nightmares last night!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 07:50 PM
    One for myself, my brother and a friend also wants the device, so there are three sold the day it's released.
    I hope you don't live in International Falls.... they're getting 2
    09-26-15 07:56 PM
    Bidness
    1.The opposite of legitimate business.
    2.A street hustle, or a shady and mostly illegal business venture.
    3. Dealings that aren't exactly "street legal"

and your point is?
    My point is? If you wanna talk bidness lets talk then.

Last week (one week before Blackberry earnings) I bought the October weeklies $7.5 straddle for .80 cents a contract. I bought 30 contracts, you do the math. The market-maker move of Blackberry's earnings was pricing in a $0.53 cent move on the stock price. Well on Sep 25th, the day of earnings, the stock dropped $0.54 cents, exactly what the MMM priced in. I cashed out that day with enough to buy me a new Priv. I invest in Blackberry products and I speculate on their equity. Granted I've lost in the past but this straddle plays both ways of market direction, and the MMM was exactly on point.
    09-26-15 07:56 PM
    Chen is an embarrassment to BlackBerry just able every time he opens his mouth. Pathetic excuse for a CEO.

Posted via CB10
    Lawmen23 likes this.
    09-26-15 07:59 PM
    My point is? If you wanna talk bidness lets talk then.

Last week (one week before Blackberry earnings) I bought the October weeklies $7.5 straddle for .80 cents a contract. I bought 30 contracts, you do the math. The market-maker move of Blackberry's earnings was pricing in a $0.53 cent move on the stock price. Well on Sep 25th, the day of earnings, the stock dropped $0.54 cents, exactly what the MMM priced in. I cashed out that day with enough to buy me a new Priv. I invest in Blackberry products and I speculate on their equity. Granted I've lost in the past but this straddle plays both ways of market direction, and the MMM was exactly on point.
    Straddles are illegal in Canada for some bizarre reason. I did the 11$ CAN calls expiring yesterday, only 10 contracts, got burned. Still buying it
    Livermore, devin266 and Omahahaha like this.
    09-26-15 08:00 PM
    PS lost 104 dollars, not even beer money (10 contracts, calls at 8c, plus 24 brokerage)
    Livermore likes this.
    09-26-15 08:03 PM
    Straddles are illegal in Canada for some bizarre reason. I did the 11$ CAN calls expiring yesterday, only 10 contracts, got burned. Still buying it
    You need to get your *** in America. Sell/Buy straddles & strangles all day.

Buying around this current price isn't a bad idea. The long-term price mean (past 3 years) is around $10.00. But if you're trading weeklies be careful
    anon4226395 likes this.
    09-26-15 08:07 PM
147 123 ...