I suggest minimum 5 " (NOT square) all touch device(s) with mid and high range internals based on price. Sliders are prone to problems due to moving parts. Stress security, look what it did for Hillary.
    08-21-15 12:04 PM
    You don't have to use the physical keybaord if you don't like it. That's diferentiation.
    Then why would anyone that does not want a PKB even look at the slider? Sliders are thicker and heavier that just a regular all touch device. A PKB device is looked at by most people as old school and most people don't want anything to do with it.
    Why do you think none of the major OEM's have made a PKB or slider running android lately? They have done the market research and know that the demand for it will be very small and not worth the investment. So what makes a company like BlackBerry think that just because the slider is running android that it will make them money? There are 2 BIG reasons it will not make them money. The BlackBerry name which is long tarnished and the fact the phone is a slider.
    I can just hear all the young to middle aged people seeing it and saying "there goes BlackBerry with their old school slider/pkb devices again. Oh, it's running android?? So what".
    I like to play around with PKB devices once in a while. I almost always use an all touch device though. Even if the new slider was running BB10 I would STILL have no interest in it. It will be too thick, heavy and what's the point?
    08-21-15 03:40 PM
    S6 hasn't outsold the S6 Edge. In fact, they've been selling 1:1, way more than Samsung expected. Gimmick or not, people want it.
    Until they actually use it for a while and realize that it is pretty useless. Or until they drop it and the screen smashes (there is no protection on the edges to protect the screen). Then they find out their gimmick edge screen is a lot more money to replace.
    08-21-15 03:44 PM
    Until they actually use it for a while and realize that it is pretty useless. Or until they drop it and the screen smashes (there is no protection on the edges to protect the screen). Then they find out their gimmick edge screen is a lot more money to replace.
    Adding a slider only amplifies its delicateness. But hey numerous people have said they will buy 2, 3, even 5 of the sliders so at least they'll have backups as they bust them up.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 04:32 PM
    Adding a slider only amplifies its delicateness. But hey numerous people have said they will buy 2, 3, even 5 of the sliders so at least they'll have backups as they bust them up.
    Good analogy. LOL. Yeah, I can see people pushing the slide up with one hand and the phone flying out of their hand. I know I am biased, but I could never understand the whole slider idea. Maybe way back when VKB's were bad and people were not used to them a slider was hot technology, but now??
    extisis likes this.
    08-21-15 04:47 PM
    I would love to have seen a Passport Slider. The keyboard stays in place but more screen slides out on top for true 16:9. ;p

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-21-15 05:19 PM
    Good analogy. LOL. Yeah, I can see people pushing the slide up with one hand and the phone flying out of their hand. I know I am biased, but I could never understand the whole slider idea. Maybe way back when VKB's were bad and people were not used to them a slider was hot technology, but now??
    It's a vintage commodity that they're trying to commercialize again, with the help of Google. Lots of hybrid BB/Droid fanboys are chomping at the bit for this, while the rest of the world goes tap tap on an apple or a sammy device. Or lumias with Win10 mobile on the horizon.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-21-15 08:17 PM
    I've live through the STORM, PlayBook, Z10 and launch of BB10 (along with a stable but out of date 9650).
    We all have. Your point?

This is what I really don't get. If t is so bad, leave. There is really no shame on it. No judgement. No broken rule.

If it's not working for you, if it's not making you more productive, if it's disappointing you, if it has any negative impact WHATSOEVER why hang on to it?

Honest, I'm not even mad (the Galadriel pun was expected to show this, but I expected too much I guess). I just don't see the point. Maybe I am too practical, but when it's not good for me I leave, burn the bridge and do not look back. It's quite healthy an attitude.

So yeah, I stick around, and if I am going to do that, I might as well wait and see what's going to happen instead of <you know what I am gonna say> about it.

And Dunt Dunt Dunt: Quoting you was not meant as a direct reply but a segway into the argument. I do it all the time, if you don't take what I write personally, it's actually quite easy to notice (or I hope it was?).
    08-21-15 11:23 PM
    Without BlackBerry Hub??? Nops.. I don't think so.. I am using BlackBerry because of Hub. I am using of windows phone, because of Live Tile. I won't missed my full notification by using Android.. and I dont want invest my expensive money to Android OS, when you can buy cheap under 100 dollars android around there

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 04:17 AM
    We all have. Your point?

This is what I really don't get. If t is so bad, leave. There is really no shame on it. No judgement. No broken rule.

If it's not working for you, if it's not making you more productive, if it's disappointing you, if it has any negative impact WHATSOEVER why hang on to it?

Honest, I'm not even mad (the Galadriel pun was expected to show this, but I expected too much I guess). I just don't see the point. Maybe I am too practical, but when it's not good for me I leave, burn the bridge and do not look back. It's quite healthy an attitude.

So yeah, I stick around, and if I am going to do that, I might as well wait and see what's going to happen instead of <you know what I am gonna say> about it.

And Dunt Dunt Dunt: Quoting you was not meant as a direct reply but a segway into the argument. I do it all the time, if you don't take what I write personally, it's actually quite easy to notice (or I hope it was?).
    Company phone... so in a way it isn't my choice.

But also, I'm just not as strong as Kevin was.....
    08-24-15 07:34 AM
    Slider thing is a bit of a chicken or egg problem. Can't really say people didn't want one when there weren't any real choices. And when there was, they actually sold okay. Remember the Droid and the Photon?

If there was an Android slider that I could buy recently that didn't use specs and Android versions 2 generations behind, I might not have came over to BlackBerry.
    08-24-15 01:38 PM
    You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Some people ... think they should be pleased all of the time.
    And apparently BlackBerry thinks that 0.3% of the market is who they should be pleasing. It's not a mystery why they're on a march to extinction.

1d10t5!!

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 01:44 PM
    Everything can sell with adequate marketing... yet BlackBerry has no idea what marketing is

This is not a political sig, vatniks
    Sponsoring the F1 Mercedes team was not a good marketing move?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 01:53 PM
    Sponsoring the F1 Mercedes team was not a good marketing move?

Posted via CB10
    That actually made me want to buy an F1 race car..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    08-25-15 12:56 AM
    I always disliked the slider type BlackBerry phones but I still want to check out the 2015 version. Will never actually buy one but just curious

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    08-25-15 01:03 AM
    That actually made me want to buy an F1 race car..

Funny Ha Ha. Sent from your Samsung. Why don't you bother people over in android central.
    extisis likes this.
    08-25-15 07:56 AM
    Funny Ha Ha. Sent from your Samsung. Why don't you bother people over in android central.
    It was a joke. Settle down now. Besides, I post on here since I'm interested in that blackberry slider.

08-25-15 08:06 AM
    I'm actually pretty excited about the slider, might replace my Passport. Or I might put full Android on the passport IF that option is made available to me. (I heard rumors that android on a passport might be being tested Although it COULD be a passport 2)
    08-28-15 07:57 AM
    It looks like a poorly designed remote control
    Au contraire; it looks like a very well designed remote control.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    08-29-15 04:00 AM
    We all have. Your point?

Segway = lazy. Or fat.

08-29-15 04:02 AM
    This hardware looks fantastic. I love the idea of a vertical slider and I also think the curved screen goes well with this design. What I hate about this device is how it is running android. I am a hardcore BlackBerry supporter and seriously want a slider like this, but I can't handle the android aspect. I'm really hoping a BlackBerry 10 autoloader will exist for this device, so I can use one.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 02:02 AM
    Android sucks!! Big time!! Android is one fine mess which needs high-end specs in order to function smoothly. I had the Note 4 prior to getting my Passport. That phone stuttered like crazy during what is supposed to be normal functioning of a phone.

That's the problem with Android. However high-end the specs are, the phones slow down after a certain period of time. This has been my experience after using 8 different flagship Androids.

And I don't know how secure the phone is going to be. I think that Android OS is inherently an insecure platform. If the foundation is weak, whatever you build on it, however secure, will still have vulnerabilities.

I've sworn off Android for life. So I definitely won't be buying this phone. For me, nothing beats the user experience of using BB10 and the peace of mind associated with the Blackberry security.

And yes, I think Blackberry is making a mistake by loading Android on premium Blackberry hardware. That is like telling BlackBerry loyalists that they are fools to keep on wanting to use BB10. Why not release such premium devices running BB10? Why BlackBerry, WHY?

Posted from my  Passport � SQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    Because the phones using only BB10 aren't selling the way they should. They need to take a shot and see what happens. If they have secured Android, then what is the problem?

BlackBerry is a publicly traded company. It's in business to make a lot of money. If the way to make money is dive headfirst into the android market, differentiate themselves with their keyboards and productivity suite, who are we to judge them?

While we BB10 users are a loyal group, they aren't enough users to justify them NOT trying something different.

Post via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    08-30-15 07:39 AM
    Everyone says Android needs high end specs to run smoothly but I had a Galaxy S2 for a while and the specs were not good by today's standards. It still runs ok though. Also, there's plenty of Androids with average specs at a dirt cheap price and they run ok.

08-30-15 11:49 AM
    Everyone says Android needs high end specs to run smoothly but I had a Galaxy S2 for a while and the specs were not good by today's standards. It still runs ok though. Also, there's plenty of Androids with average specs at a dirt cheap price and they run ok.

Agreed. It's how prepaid carriers offer android phones. The phones run pretty well. A guy I work with said he would never get a Samsung or any other high priced phone because the ones that he gets run as well as them in his opinion.

Post via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    08-30-15 01:00 PM
    4.1 was really good for Android on that regard, but prior versions of the OS were really hardware hungry. By the time 4.4 rolled out, I guess it's safe to say the only real problem Android has is that it's not BlackBerry hehe (multitasking, flow, etc. BB10 feels more efficient. Security is a different debate, but out of the box, a BB10 phone is more secure than any Android phone [looking at ya BlackPhone!]).
    08-31-15 04:41 PM
103 ... 2345