I know a lot of people here on CrackBerry seem to like the slider. It is my opinion it is going to be a major fail. Please hear me out and really give this some thought.
    Reasons I feel it will fail (not in order of importance, and probably more reasons I can't think of right now):

1) Running android with the BlackBerry name on it.
    2) Curved screen.
    3) Slider (also see #4, #6 and #10)
    4) Vertical slider (cramped keys for large hands, Device too tall)
    5) Expecting price to be too high and to be a turn off to many already running android devices. (High specs and curved screen)
    6) VERY small number of people actually interested in a slider at all. (Almost all androids are full touch)
    7) Not a Samsung, LG, Motorola etc. (Very established names in android devices)
    8) Carriers may carry it but will NOT be pushing it because it is not Samsung or Apple
    8a) Carriers probably will not even display or stock in stores.
    9) MANY may see the device and think (old school BlackBerry regardless of operating system)
    10) Sorry to say this guys and gals but A SLIDER as the first BlackBerry to jump into a saturated android market??? Really???
    11) Should have been an all touch to try and get into saturated android market.
    I have to wonder who at BlackBerry was the major driver of this device. I think Chen and crew really blew it with this device and this is going to bankrupt the hardware division of the company.
    I have talked to many friends and family about BlackBerry coming out with a slider and the responses are not positive at all.
    Just look at all the people making fun of the PKB case for the Samsung.
    Sorry I can't help feel this way. I love BlackBerry the way it is now. I wish BlackBerry the best but see this as a major waste their of time and money.
    08-19-15 10:23 AM
    Smh.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 10:48 AM
    We will see, won't we!?
    08-19-15 10:53 AM
    noone gives a flying ... also. curved screen? tell samsung how their galaxy s6 edge was a huge fail pls. also you cant jump into a saturated market without unique features...
    08-19-15 10:54 AM
    noone gives a flying ... also. curved screen? tell samsung how their galaxy s6 edge was a huge fail pls
    It is a gimmick. People fall for them every day. Give one a try yourself and see that it really is a terrible idea.
    Blackberry cant expect it to work for a 3rd time now. I am betting the note outsells the edge+ also.
    lift likes this.
    08-19-15 10:59 AM
    tell samsung how their galaxy s6 edge was a huge fail pls
    Go do a Google search. The edge is selling much less than the non edge. It has even been reported that the edge is selling far fewer than Samsung anticipated. As stated many times over, the curved screen is MUCH more costly and is nothing but a gimmick which will go away sooner than you think.
    phuoc likes this.
    08-19-15 11:08 AM
    Reports also suggest that the curved screen is MUCH more likely to break from a fall because of nothing around the edge to protect it. Also when it does break it is much more costly to repair.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-19-15 11:11 AM
    I know a lot of people here on CrackBerry seem to like the slider. It is my opinion it is going to be a major fail. Please hear me out and really give this some thought.
    Reasons I feel it will fail (not in order of importance, and probably more reasons I can't think of right now):

2) Curved screen.
    5) Expecting price to be too high and to be a turn off to many already running android devices. (High specs and curved screen)
    6) VERY small number of people actually interested in a slider at all. (Almost all androids are full touch)
    8) Carriers may carry it but will NOT be pushing it because it is not Samsung or Apple
    9) MANY may see the device and think (old school BlackBerry regardless of operating system)
    10) Sorry to say this guys and gals but A SLIDER as the first BlackBerry to jump into a saturated android market??? Really???
    I have to wonder who at BlackBerry was the major driver of this device. I think Chen and crew really blew it with this device and this is going to bankrupt the hardware division of the company.
    I have talked to many friends and family about BlackBerry coming out with a slider and the responses are not positive at all.
    Sorry I can't help feel this way. I love BlackBerry the way it is now. I wish BlackBerry the best but see this as a major waste their of time and money.
    1) Don't see that as a problem. Why not?
    2) This has been quite successful with Samsung. Not necessarily a negative point.
    3) This is a point. Yet, it's something entirely new to the Android world and BlackBerry is the only manufacturer producing usable keyboards.
    4) I'm a little worried about this one too. I'm hoping the engineers figured out how to properly balance the hardware.
    5) We will see. Price is definitely a point.
    6) How do you know? You'd have to really assess the market first. Maybe nobody is building a slider because they simply don't have the know-how and patent rights to build a potentially successful slider. It's certainly not the biggest market, but there might be one, and with no competition.
    7) Xiaomi and Huawei made it to the top very fast. They were new names in that market too. BlackBerry is at least known for good keyboards.
    8a) We don't know yet. Maybe the approach is different here.
    9) Maybe
    10) / 11) Yet because the market is so saturated, a slider could make sense. There is no other option if you want a keyboard AND a great Android device with good specs. So it's a new niche within a saturated market. Even Samsung is trying to penetrate this niche with their Note 5 keyboard cover (in a horrible attempt).

Posted via CB10
    Going The Distance likes this.
    08-19-15 11:17 AM
    All based on unofficial rumours. Let's wait until BlackBerry actually says something.
    08-19-15 11:17 AM
    Jeez....give the dam.n thing a chance before we start condemning it to the dog pile. Since so many CBers seem to know how to fix BBRY, maybe they should be knocking on corporate doors in Waterloo instead of wasting time in the forums!
    08-19-15 11:18 AM
    John Chen is clearly looking for differentiation and, apparently, so are the carriers. The other form factors may simply have been turned down by the carriers as being undifferentiated - especially if they are going Android. Keyboard phones may be the only BlackBerry phones the carriers are interested in. When is the last time a US carrier fully signed-on to a non-keyboard BlackBerry from day one?
    08-19-15 11:21 AM

2) Curved screen.
    Classic Armchair CEO oloshi yarns.

So what's your advise to BlackBerry so it succeeds then Mr?

Posted via CB10
    illlya and Going The Distance like this.
    08-19-15 11:21 AM
    Xiaomi and Huawei made it to the top very fast. They were new names in that market too.
    Their devices are VERY cheap for what you get. The android marked is SATURATED with devices and there are now a ton of companies making android devices for cheap and with pretty decent specs (Asus comes to mind).
    The market is just too big and that is causing prices to drop. Many large manufacturers are finding it hard to make a profit (HTC for example).
    BlackBerry will never make it in this market. Way too late.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-19-15 11:23 AM
    Since so many CBers seem to know how to fix BBRY, maybe they should be knocking on corporate doors in Waterloo instead of wasting time in the forums!
    Why bother, Chen does not seem to listen to LOYAL BB users at all. Have you seen the poll here on CrackBerry. The slider should be BB10 70% to 30%. Did Chen and BlackBerry do any kind of research as to what BLACKBERRY users or buyers want??
    There has been outcry for MONTHS for a new high end BB10 all touch and what did we get? Nothing.
    Now BlackBerry wants to try and push a high end and very expensive SLIDER running android? Please tell me the logic in that.
    Classic Armchair CEO oloshi yarns.

So what's your advise to BlackBerry so it succeeds then Mr?
    Start with a reasonably priced all touch android device to try and see what a BlackBerry running android could do in the market. Instead they JUMP in with a curved screen SLIDER with high specs and I'm sure to be a giant price tag. Not a good STARTING place.
    Xiaomi and Huawei jumped in with CHEAP decently specked (all touch) devices to start with. That has been a big win for them so far.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-19-15 11:33 AM
    Why would any Android fan buy an all touch BlackBerry if Samsung is already doing that? The physical keyboard, I assume, will be a very major factor for people thinking of getting the Slider.

Posted via CB10
    bp2k7, Witmen and John Villareal like this.
    08-19-15 11:34 AM
    This one will sale like hot cake if the marketer people work hard to get long line of young ones screaming/shouting about getting this phone and how hot it is? The parents are always follow their children anyway. BlackBerry must pump this device since it is not lacking of apps anymore! I hope BlackBerry security is running as background like firewall.
    nbaliga likes this.
    08-19-15 11:34 AM
    Why bother, Chen does not seem to listen to LOYAL BB users at all. Have you seen the poll here on CrackBerry. The slider should be BB10 70% to 30%. Did Chen and BlackBerry do any kind of research as to what BLACKBERRY users or buyers want??
    There has been outcry for MONTHS for a new high end BB10 all touch and what did we get? Nothing.
    Now BlackBerry wants to try and push a high end and very expensive SLIDER running android? Please tell me the logic in that.
    Except that you BlackBerry users.. which includes me btw are like less than 1% of the global market so why should Chen listen to 70% of only crackberry active members talk less of 70% of the actual global BlackBerry users? You're tripping man.

Do your thing John Chen.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 11:36 AM
    So what would you like the them to try? BB obviously can't continue with the path they are headed down. Sales numbers don't lie.

If they make just a plain old slab phone with android. people will say it is just another slab phone with android. If that slab uses BB10 then you have the majority of the public wow BB still makes phones.
    If they make a slider you get what you said does anyone actually want one.
    If they make an android physical keyboard then you have people that say why bother no one uses physical keyboard phones anyway.

You never know what is going to work till you put it out there. There is always going to be negatives to every device every manufacturer makes. BB is no different.

You have also forgot that Samsung just released a physical keyboard for the galaxy. Yes I know it is hideous but they obviously believe there is potential market for this type of device as well.
    08-19-15 11:41 AM
    Well, when it hasn't even been released yet . . . I'll withhold comment until then.
    08-19-15 12:20 PM
    A leak would be nice, round about.........................NOW! Just saying.
    08-19-15 01:02 PM
    Back in the day everyone bought blackberry because everyone had one, BBM was cheaper than txt it just worked. It was the phone to have! Do most people know all about all the different os are? I'm sure that most 16 year old girls won't be bothered, they just want the latest and in fashion phone i.e apple or samsung. If blackberry can hit the nail on the head with this one and get people loving blackberry again I'm sure people will buy in again. Android or bb10.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 01:03 PM

Start with a reasonably priced all touch android device to try and see what a BlackBerry running android could do in the market. Instead they JUMP in with a curved screen SLIDER with high specs and I'm sure to be a giant price tag. Not a good STARTING place.
    Xiaomi and Huawei jumped in with CHEAP decently specked (all touch) devices to start with. That has been a big win for them so far.

I guess you're right Chen didn't release the Blackberry Classic because old school BB fans were crying for the Tool Belt. You shoot yourself in the foot and discredit your own post. Fact of the matter is Chen does listen he just doesn't listen to what you say makes a perfect device.
    08-19-15 01:12 PM
    Off topic maybe, if BlackBerry go for android so we can hope cross platform BBM video also. Because BBM on a BlackBerry device will definitely support all the features BBM has

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Romed; 08-19-15 at 06:17 PM.
    08-19-15 01:24 PM
    I just agree with the first one. BlackBerry shouldn't get Android... I escaped to BlackBerry because of Android.
    anon(9169048) likes this.
    08-19-15 01:29 PM
    I just agree with the first one. BlackBerry shouldn't get Android... I escaped to BlackBerry because of Android.
    At this stage there is not 100% proof that every phone from the slider on forward is going to be android. They could just as easy release bb10 devices and android devices. All we know is the slider looks to be some form of android device.
    cbvinh likes this.
    08-19-15 01:41 PM
103 123 ...