A few days ago my battery drained and the phone died. I plugged it in and left it charging for 3 hours only to return to a still very dead phone. I tried unplugging then re-plugging the phone back into the wall and noticed it would show its charging for just 2 seconds then stop, a very strange charging loop. After swapping numerous combinations of chargers & USB cords I was able to get it charged and turned on. But what's the deal with the charging tools??? Or could it be the phone's charging port responding to some and not others???

And I've also noticed too: My phone is no longer recognized when plugged into a computer. For example, at this very moment I am using a BlackBerry USB cord and have the the phone plugged into the monitor, and it's charging. However, if I take that same BlackBerry cord and connect it to the monitor it gives me an error message (see pic). Any ideas on what the issue could be??? Thanks in advance!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Charging Issues/USB Recognition-596652.jpg  
    05-02-16 03:28 PM
    Check out Blackberry Virtual Expert in the Play store. Run through its various tests.

But try

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.
    05-02-16 04:33 PM
    Sounds to me like your charging port might be buggered up a bit. Good luck in finding an answer.

05-02-16 05:19 PM
    Thanks, I'll try the virtual expert app. Seems that since the Marshmallow update, I've had to do s hard reset almost daily smh. Unfortunately it doesn't help the charging issue smh.

05-02-16 11:02 PM
    So I used BVE and it shows obvious issues with the USB connectivity. Seems that I may have to end up purchasing a new charger and USB cord and see if that'll work.

Attached Thumbnails Charging Issues/USB Recognition-597716.jpg  
    05-03-16 02:29 PM
    Update!!!!

I recently completed a 2.5 hour troubleshoot session over the phone with them Thursday. After sending screenshots AND video clips of the different chargers and USB cords and how they react when connected to the wall, cpu and monitor they agreed that it was a hardware issue.

So I'll should have a brand new device by Tuesday as per warranty.

FF22 likes this.
    07-03-16 10:13 AM
    Lucky you. Bought my Priv online since I don't live in the US/Europe, so I don't have a valid warranty. If there's any alternative solution, I'm all ears. I'm currently on a new stock charger now, don't know if I should also get the wireless charger just to see whether it makes a difference.
    04-15-17 01:49 AM
    don't know if I should also get the wireless charger just to see whether it makes a difference.
    If you do, make sure it's a 3 coil charger, and that you use at least a 2 amp power adapter in the wall, (assuming it doesn't come with one, most don't). It's going to be tempting to buy a real cheap wireless, but most of those won't charge even a perfect Priv. The wireless pick up coil is in the bottom half of the phone and slightly off center, which is why a lot of wireless won't work.
    The Tylt and Samsung 3 coil's are good. The Samsung comes with it's own 'wall wart', which is a pretty good supply for other stuff too.
    04-15-17 10:39 AM
    Lucky you. Bought my Priv online since I don't live in the US/Europe, so I don't have a valid warranty. If there's any alternative solution, I'm all ears. I'm currently on a new stock charger now, don't know if I should also get the wireless charger just to see whether it makes a difference.
    Just seeing this. Was your issue ever resolved? Or have you moved one from the Priv? I've purchased the KEYone and so no screen issues. What can I say. Nothing's ever perfect with smartphones these days!
    08-09-17 06:23 PM