Hi there,

I'm using BB Priv, STV-100 running on Android 6.0.1. For couple of weeks, handset is not charging properly when its on and connected to a charger. Even heats up and starts reversing the charging. On the other hand, with same charger and cable, it perfectly charges if I put off the phone. Is there some problem with charger, cable, batthery, charging port, or charging IC?

Thank you!
    06-19-19 03:41 AM
    Hi there,

I'm using BB Priv, STV-100 running on Android 6.0.1. For couple of weeks, handset is not charging properly when its on and connected to a charger. Even heats up and starts reversing the charging. On the other hand, with same charger and cable, it perfectly charges if I put off the phone. Is there some problem with charger, cable, batthery, charging port, or charging IC?

Thank you!

Your Micro-USB port is damaged from the inside of hardware by overheating. You have to replace it by an expert from a local telecom repair shop for $45,- or $50,-.

Because I did mine couple days ago and it's fixed. My Priv is charging again and works perfectly normal on daily basis and use.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-19 05:05 AM