First Androids with our new Privs. But I've not seen this addressed. Changed the launcher to get a custom icon set, but now the Hub is gone. At least the icon is. The app is on the phone, but is there a way to bring the icon back for easy access?

P.S.: The icon is in the apps page with a ? mark but doesn't open the hub, instead going to a help page.

Thanks.
    06-06-16 08:54 PM
    If you long press any icon in the app drawer, it takes you back to home pages with an icon.

As far the main issue, I can't comment as I've never tried another launcher.

Do you still get notifications up top for emails that come into all accounts? If so, I believe Hub is still there in background.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-06-16 09:53 PM
    If you long press any icon in the app drawer, it takes you back to home pages with an icon.

Do you still get notifications up top for emails that come into all accounts? If so, I believe Hub is still there in background.
    Thanks for the response, Elite1.
    All notifications are fine. I actually anticipated that the hub icon might be a problem when switching launchers due to the hub (and probably the other BB added apps) are proprietary to the BB launcher, if that makes sense..
    06-06-16 11:25 PM
    You can load icon packs on the BlackBerry Launcher -- I have and it works fine.
    06-06-16 11:26 PM
    As a followup, you are correct. I can bring the icon (unknown, with a ? mark for the title), back to the homepage. But it doesn't open the Hub, it now goes to BB help page.
    Elite1 likes this.
    06-06-16 11:32 PM
    You can load icon packs on the BlackBerry Launcher -- I have and it works fine.
    So in other words, there is no need to load a different launcher in order to get icon packs? I assume it works exactly the same way as say Nova? That would hopefully be the solution, except that doesn't seem to work with a few different icon packs we tried. Any reason to think of? What might we be doing wrong? (Android newbie, BB 6/7/10 pro...)
    06-06-16 11:35 PM

Thanks for that. I did not know that and was DRAGGING icons from the drawer to the home screen(s).
    Elite1 likes this.
    06-07-16 12:58 AM
    So no answer for the topic, how to get Hub icon functioning with a launcher other then the BB launcher?
    Again, my issue is that yes, I can get the Hub icon from the app drawer and move it back to the homescreen, that's easy. But the icon itself no longer opens the Hub with a different launcher installed. Is it just not possible? I can always open the keyboard and type "hub",and it works, but that kind of defeats the simplicity of a central message center.
    06-07-16 08:33 AM
    I just switched to Nova launcher and used the hub icon with no issue after dragging it to the home screen from the app drawer so yes, it does work.
    06-07-16 08:51 AM
    garpt: if you switch back to the BB Launcher does the hub icon work? Might it somehow have been corrupted? Maybe you can try going into Settings/apps and rolling back the Hub version. Reboot and then update it again? (just throwing out ideas)
    garpt likes this.
    06-07-16 09:13 AM
    garpt: if you switch back to the BB Launcher does the hub icon work? Might it somehow have been corrupted? Maybe you can try going into Settings/apps and rolling back the Hub version. Reboot and then update it again? (just throwing out ideas)
    That did it.
    Ahhh, the quirks and glitches of Android! Ya kinda get spoiled with BBOS!

Thank You all.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-07-16 10:20 AM
    So in other words, there is no need to load a different launcher in order to get icon packs? I assume it works exactly the same way as say Nova? That would hopefully be the solution, except that doesn't seem to work with a few different icon packs we tried. Any reason to think of? What might we be doing wrong? (Android newbie, BB 6/7/10 pro...)
    Are you on marshmallow?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-07-16 10:46 AM
    Disclaimer: I'm not on a Priv!

It should be possible to use different Icon Packs in the BlackBerry Launcher. Go to where the apps and widgets are. Swipe all the way right beyond the default shortcuts... it should be there. No need for other Launchers unless you want their other features.
    06-07-16 10:57 AM