I had to turn off developer mode because I determined that leaving it on constantly was causing my phone to lock up multiple times per day.

Now that developer mode is off I am back to the stock animation speeds and my phone feels like it is absolutely crawling whenever I do anything.

Is there any way to speed up or turn off the animations without using developer mode?
    12-13-16 07:41 PM
    No. Turning off Developer Mode also negates the changes made there.
    12-13-16 07:47 PM
    No. Turning off Developer Mode also negates the changes made there.
    Yep, that is exactly my problem.
    12-13-16 07:53 PM
    Yep, that is exactly my problem.
    Having the developer mode option available cannot affect your device unless you messed with some other setting.
    12-13-16 08:16 PM
    I had to turn off developer mode because I determined that leaving it on constantly was causing my phone to lock up multiple times per day.
    Just having developer options on cannot cause any lockups. I had developer options on on all of my Android phones and never had such issues. I also have them on now on Priv and all animations set to 0.5x, no issues whatsoever.
    12-14-16 02:06 AM
    Having the developer mode option available cannot affect your device unless you messed with some other setting.
    Well, Developer Mode on = multiple lockups per day. Developer Mode off = zero lockups per day. I don't know what to tell you. It took me FOREVER to figure this out. Many factory resets, adding apps painfully one at a time, running in safe mode, everything.

The only thing I had set in Developer Mode was the animation speeds. I didn't touch anything else.
    bigedschukar likes this.
    12-14-16 09:53 AM
    I just made this change as well a few days ago and my Priv is noticeably speedier without any issues...check ALL other settings again
    12-14-16 10:37 AM
    Well, Developer Mode on = multiple lockups per day. Developer Mode off = zero lockups per day. I don't know what to tell you. It took me FOREVER to figure this out. Many factory resets, adding apps painfully one at a time, running in safe mode, everything.

The only thing I had set in Developer Mode was the animation speeds. I didn't touch anything else.
    Is it possible that some app you've installed needs the Animation Speed unchanged and that is what is causing your problems?
    12-14-16 11:20 AM
    Is it possible that some app you've installed needs the Animation Speed unchanged and that is what is causing your problems?
    This crossed my mind too, but I'm not sure if it's even possible.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-14-16 12:52 PM
    This might actually make sense. I changed my animation speed a couple of months ago, just to try it out. I liked that some of the animations were snappier, but overall my Priv did seem to lag more and it did lock up. I went back to stock and now I just have the usual Priv issues.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-14-16 04:58 PM

Even just leaving it on without changing animation speeds?
    FF22 likes this.
    12-14-16 05:37 PM
    Developer Mode on also gave me screen flicker. Once I turned it off screen flicker went away.
    12-14-16 08:45 PM
    Even just leaving it on without changing animation speeds?
    I haven't tried that, but will now.
    12-15-16 01:22 PM