Hello CB,
    Are you loving the Priv (Priv users) because BB made the hardware? Or were you always loving an Android based device? I was looking at some comments from an Article about Priv updates available in Google Play-Store, and I saw BB10 users and Priv users going back and forth about what is better. I remember we were defenders of BB and all of it's OS's (BBOS7, BB10). An ex BB10 user would try to explain why they made the switch to Android (before BB-Priv) and be pound into the ground, about not understanding how to use the device (BB10) to it's full potential, not knowing the OS fully, etc.
    So, CB- this are my questions to you- Do you love the Priv because you are supporting BB? Were you always an fond of Android but never found a device to carry the OS for you?
    I am sorry if this topic came up already, but, after reading some of the comments today I had to ask the community what are your thoughts...
    Edit: I would like to change the subject line to you vs we
    03-01-16 11:45 AM
    Android secured by Blackberry prompted me to buy the Priv.

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    Holted likes this.
    03-01-16 11:49 AM
    This is my first Android device. The draw for me was completely the fact it was built by BlackBerry with their hardware, software, and security features.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    xxslxx, kfehling, Holted and 4 others like this.
    03-01-16 11:55 AM
    I'll be buying it soon purely for the hardware and hub.
    Holted and NYGrl811 like this.
    03-01-16 12:31 PM
    Android secured by Blackberry prompted me to buy the Priv.

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network

Thank you for your time and response. When you say secure, what do you mean? DTEK? Hardware?
    03-01-16 01:24 PM
    This is my first Android device. The draw for me was completely the fact it was built by BlackBerry with their hardware, software, and security features.

Thank you for your time and response.
    03-01-16 01:25 PM
    I'll be buying it soon purely for the hardware and hub.
    I do agree that it is a beautifully designed device. Thank you for your time and response.
    03-01-16 01:26 PM
    I like the Priv because it serves well my needs , I use the phone mainly for my work and I need the biggest possible screen with a physical keyboard . The hub also is an essential feature for me .
    so crow likes this.
    03-01-16 01:29 PM
    Big fat YES!

03-01-16 02:05 PM
    I like the Priv because it serves well my needs , I use the phone mainly for my work and I need the biggest possible screen with a physical keyboard . The hub also is an essential feature for me .
    Thank you for your time and response. Quick question- Have you tried the BB-Passport? I am not saying any is better, I just trying to get an understanding.
    03-01-16 02:22 PM
    Thank you for your time and response. Quick question- Have you tried the BB-Passport? I am not saying any is better, I just trying to get an understanding.
    Yes, I am coming from the passport which is also an excellent device and had zero problem with it. Passport was serving very well my needs, the reason of my switch is because I have the possibility to upgrade to new device every year.
    03-01-16 02:33 PM
    Yes, I am coming from the passport which is also an excellent device and had zero problem with it. Passport was serving very well my needs, the reason of my switch is because I have the possibility to upgrade to new device every year.
    Sweet! Thank you very much for your time! Have a great one!
    fanisk likes this.
    03-01-16 02:45 PM
    OP, 2 years ago you should have asked if any users would ever consider an Android device. You would have been castrated, labeled a troll and run out on a rail.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and MC_A_DOT like this.
    03-01-16 02:58 PM
    OP, 2 years ago you should have asked if any users would ever consider an Android device. You would have been castrated, labeled a troll and run out on a rail.
    I know what you mean, that's why I found the comments on Priv update so strange this morning. Two years ago the passion for BB was so strong amounts CB Community. The passion is dying...
    Thank you for your time, xtremeled!
    03-01-16 03:10 PM
    I like the Priv. I LOVE my Passport and BB10!

The Priv is not my first Android device. I have owned others, and I've always preferred the fluidity simplicity, and efficiency of BB10 over Android. Priv is no exception.

I purchased the Priv in part to support BlackBerry. I also like the fact that they've ported some of the useful BB10 features to Android (Hub, etc.). I also love the fact that it has a full 16:9 screen with a BlackBerry virtual keyboard PLUS a physical keyboard! The ability to run ALL Android apps without any fuss is another positive. And the more the Android looks and feels like BB10 over time, the better.

If BlackBerry pulls this Android migration off, I think they will have found a win-win-win. I'm willing to give it a shot.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 07:02 PM
    This ^. I'm also using a Priv/Passport combo.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-02-16 12:05 AM
    Absolutely. As a Canadian, I'll support Canadian. Sporting a Classic/Priv combo. The Classic forwards all my personal calls/emails/sms's to my main device, the Priv. It handles all my messaging/email needs quite nicely. My work-assigned device (iPhone 5S), is sitting beside my workstation, SIM-less, and gathering dust. It is on only to ping onto my workplace servers and show I'm using my mobile account. Thankyou.

Cheers
    03-02-16 12:26 AM
    I was never very interested in BlackBerry products myself, even considering how attractive pkb's are, because I was a long time android user and disinterested in learning a new OS.

Honestly though the form factor of this phone is what won me over, I'm constantly getting compliments on its looks alone, and would have even accepted it with BB10. I've even managed to get a half dozen of my friends, all android users, to jump on the Priv bandwagon.

For me it is just a gorgeous combination of style and utility. I love the overall shape, the size and sharpness of the screen, the weight, the bbry android apps, and the pkb obviously. I've honestly never been as completely happy and satisfied with a phone as I have with my Priv and I've owned countless androids over the years.

fanisk likes this.
    03-02-16 02:45 AM
    I was never very interested in BlackBerry products myself, even considering how attractive pkb's are, because I was a long time android user and disinterested in learning a new OS.

Honestly though the form factor of this phone is what won me over, I'm constantly getting compliments on its looks alone, and would have even accepted it with BB10. I've even managed to get a half dozen of my friends, all android users, to jump on the Priv bandwagon.

For me it is just a gorgeous combination of style and utility. I love the overall shape, the size and sharpness of the screen, the weight, the bbry android apps, and the pkb obviously. I've honestly never been as completely happy and satisfied with a phone as I have with my Priv and I've owned countless androids over the years.

Nice story!

03-02-16 03:01 AM
    Hello,

I like my Priv, not because BB made the hardware but only because it's a high end android device with a physical keyboard ! I love pkb on smartphone (one of my first smartphone was a TyTN 2 from HTC/Qtek, had a Qtek 9000, htc touch pro, nokia N97, BB Bold...). Actually, it's just impossible to find a good device with a pkb in France, it's the only one.
    03-02-16 03:14 AM
    I like the Priv because it gives me the chance to go back to Android to run all of my apps and at the same time still support an "underdog" company (in the mobile business).

03-02-16 03:25 AM
    I bought the Priv because of the physical kb. the fact that it's made by BlackBerry which has a long consistent track record of excellent pkbs and hardware is icing on the cake.

I would've still preferred the BB10 but the writing is on the wall so I had to suck it up and went with the hybrid. at least I still get some of my beloved BB10 features with the Priv.

I am much too practical to be taken in by branding or or advertising or any of the frivolous claptrap. if the Priv was made by the Mickey Mouse club but delivers everything that I need on a phone the way it does now, I still would've bought it.

Posted via Droidberry Priv 👍
    03-02-16 04:20 AM
    I like the Priv. I LOVE my Passport and BB10!

The Priv is not my first Android device. I have owned others, and I've always preferred the fluidity simplicity, and efficiency of BB10 over Android. Priv is no exception.

I purchased the Priv in part to support BlackBerry. I also like the fact that they've ported some of the useful BB10 features to Android (Hub, etc.). I also love the fact that it has a full 16:9 screen with a BlackBerry virtual keyboard PLUS a physical keyboard! The ability to run ALL Android apps without any fuss is another positive. And the more the Android looks and feels like BB10 over time, the better.

If BlackBerry pulls this Android migration off, I think they will have found a win-win-win. I'm willing to give it a shot.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for your comment and time! Can I ask... Is this a better Android device than most in your opinion?
    03-02-16 07:20 AM
    This ^. I'm also using a Priv/Passport combo.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Thank you for your time!
    03-02-16 07:21 AM
    Absolutely. As a Canadian, I'll support Canadian. Sporting a Classic/Priv combo. The Classic forwards all my personal calls/emails/sms's to my main device, the Priv. It handles all my messaging/email needs quite nicely. My work-assigned device (iPhone 5S), is sitting beside my workstation, SIM-less, and gathering dust. It is on only to ping onto my workplace servers and show I'm using my mobile account. Thankyou.

Haha... Thank you for your comment and time! I am glad to hear that you are in for the support and function!
    Have a great day!

Cheers
    03-02-16 07:23 AM
45 12