I'm picking between the BlackBerry leather flip case or the slide hard shell case from BlackBerry But I heard they slide out hard shell case kinda damages the buttons on the sides and for the flip case I wonder how you can type on the physical keyboard with the flap flipped to the back or do you take the case out when you type in the physical keyboard?
    Which one do you recommend the most?
    Thanks!!
    01-30-17 07:04 AM
    I prefer the Stilgut Flip case. While it does not have the small window which shows the clock and some other info, it has a clip which keeps the case closed. The BB Flip case does not stay closed very well in my opinion.

I don't know about the other case. I think that early versions of it did mar the phone body but I thought I read that has been fixed (if you get the newer version).
    robinottawa likes this.
    01-30-17 08:40 AM
    I went with the Leather Pouch Option. (Black & Tan) couldn't decide between them so i go both haha.

While the Flip Cover is nice to have the phone protected all the time, i don't really fancy the front cover flapping around when I'm typing or taking a phone call. Plus it does not have a magnet to stay closed. The 'smart window' is really cool though and is almost enough of a positive for me to ignore the front flap.

The hard shell with kick stand is nice but it looks a little cheap. Plastic and PRIV don't go together. Leather and PRIV go together haha
    mariecat and robinottawa like this.
    01-30-17 09:12 AM
    I use the hard blackberry hardshell slide out case and haven't had any problems with side buttons being damaged
    01-30-17 09:27 AM
    I use the hard blackberry hardshell slide out case and haven't had any problems with side buttons being damaged
    I've been using the BlackBerry hard case on my Priv since launch and no issues with the side buttons as well. My Priv looks as new as the day I bought it at launch, 6 November, 2015. Now my case on they other hand does have some nicks and bruises from drops, etc. I would hate to see what my Priv would look like had I not had it protected by the BlackBerry hard case.

Bob
    robinottawa likes this.
    01-30-17 09:33 AM
    I went with the Leather Pouch Option. (Black & Tan) couldn't decide between them so i go both haha.

While the Flip Cover is nice to have the phone protected all the time, i don't really fancy the front cover flapping around when I'm typing or taking a phone call. Plus it does not have a magnet to stay closed. The 'smart window' is really cool though and is almost enough of a positive for me to ignore the front flap.

The hard shell with kick stand is nice but it looks a little cheap. Plastic and PRIV don't go together. Leather and PRIV go together haha
    I like the pouch too but if you own a wired headset it is just painful to use.
    01-30-17 11:05 AM
    I went with the Seidio Surface for my Priv. I switch between carrying it with and without the case. Easy to remove and install. Protects the front as well as the back of the phone. Sliding mechanism is great.
    robinottawa likes this.
    01-30-17 11:26 AM
    I just got the IMAK cowboy case. Love it so far. I wanted to minimally detract from the great looks of the device and wanted something that was slightly soft. No screen protection, but that's how I roll. All my previous bb devices I've ran naked with but the priv is just too thin to get a good handle on for me. The IMAK case solved the problem and met all my other needs (again, so far. It's been on for less than a week). It added some depth behind the pkb also, which I like.
    01-30-17 03:41 PM
    Leather flip case is excellent and allows you to put the phone in the OEM cradle without removing the case.
    01-30-17 05:44 PM
    Early versions of BB hardcase had lots of reports of damage to phone.
    BB fixed that, but apparently sold off all the existing stock to 3rd parties. If you get it from BB, or here at CB, you should be good. If it has a kickstand, it's version 3 and no bad reports on them.
    Personally, I need and want a belt holster with hard case, only 2 choices there, the Seidio or the Verizon, fortunately both are great cases.
    01-30-17 08:15 PM
    01-31-17 08:01 AM
    I'm picking between the BlackBerry leather flip case or the slide hard shell case from BlackBerry But I heard they slide out hard shell case kinda damages the buttons on the sides and for the flip case I wonder how you can type on the physical keyboard with the flap flipped to the back or do you take the case out when you type in the physical keyboard?
    Which one do you recommend the most?
    Thanks!!
    I am a very traditional, simple, tech *****, LOL. I use the BlackBerry leather holster with the belt/clip on ratchet thing, so that I can turn/spin it, depending on if I am sitting, standing, how I am sitting, etc.

Very simple and very traditional. LOL.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-31-17 09:43 AM
    I use the original BlackBerry flip case. It offers good protection of the phone and it's of a very good quality.
    No issue to write on the keyboard, you just flip the cover on the back of the phone.
    01-31-17 02:23 PM
    I use the original BlackBerry flip case. It offers good protection of the phone and it's of a very good quality.
    No issue to write on the keyboard, you just flip the cover on the back of the phone.
    I do the same, this is a great case, and easy to take off for times when you don't need a case. I've heard some types of case on some makes of phone need to be glued / sticky pads as part of the normal fitting, which might be something to avoid if you want to put the case on/off sometimes.
    02-01-17 03:39 AM
    I have an incipio case. Its like a weird hybrid hard/tpu pudding case. Just fits over the back portion and the slider isnt protected.

Im not convinced it'd offer drop protection if it landed screen side down, but it most certainly does if dropped on the edges.

I like it, but not nearly as much as i liked the amzer that i had on the passport
    02-01-17 07:09 AM
    I've considered getting both the hrs case and the flip cases, but decided these were not ideal for me. The hard case adds unsightly bulk IMHO and then flip case makes it cumbersome to type on the phone. Ultimately decided on a clear iMak back case. It retains the sleek look of the Priv and adds just enough thickness to the phone to make it a little more comfortable to type on especially on the pkb. Happy so far with the case and seems to resist scratches pretty well.
    02-01-17 08:06 AM