I think the title of the thread should be changed to: CPW out of stock on Priv! (and incompetent csr has no idea how to explain it)

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 09:37 AM
    Update: called back and spoke to a different person (though seemingly the same call centre staffed by people on the other side of the world who don't give a ****), and they told me it was an error because they were out of stock.

Their idea for fixing the situation was "just order it again, and you should have it by the end of November". No thanks, guys...
    Idiots.

You might as well reorder it, though. At least you have a shot at getting it earlier if initial stock isn't sold out.

Where else is it available in the UK?
    11-02-15 09:38 AM
    That sucks mate. You got time to get a shopBB order in?
    I'm going to try right now!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 09:38 AM
    I just called Carphone Warehouse again. I ordered mine about a week ago too, but on contract. They checked my order number and said I'll get it on friday. I dunno what on earth they've done to your order!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 09:43 AM
    I ordered mine about a week ago too, but on contract.

Posted via CB10
    This could be the key point (if there is a stock shortage)
    11-02-15 09:45 AM
    I just called Carphone Warehouse again. I ordered mine about a week ago too, but on contract. They checked my order number and said I'll get it on friday. I dunno what on earth they've done to your order!

Posted via CB10
    +1 +1
    11-02-15 09:48 AM
    That really sucks. I would call and demand to talk to the nice gal that did the video. She seemed very enthusiastic about the Priv.

I guess there's something to be said for ordering from an online retailer that puts a priority on customer service. I do my fair share of bargain hunting online, however, when ordering from Amazon or Apple, you get the feeling that they wouldn't just cancel an order without a good explanation. Otherwise, it's a crap shoot.
    CiaranUtting likes this.
    11-02-15 09:49 AM
    ahhhh unless its cause you only ordered it last week?? i ordered mine 3 week ago? but still doesn't make any sense what so ever to turn down your money on buying it out right :S
    11-02-15 09:51 AM
    Idiots.

You might as well reorder it, though. At least you have a shot at getting it earlier if initial stock isn't sold out.

Where else is it available in the UK?
    It could only be purchased from CarPhone Warehouse in the UK, they have a one year exclusivity deal. I've opted to now buy it directly from Shop BlackBerry instead, so hopefully I'll have it before "the end of November" as CPW quoted me.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 09:52 AM
    ahhhh unless its cause you only ordered it last week?? i ordered mine 3 week ago? but still doesn't make any sense what so ever to turn down your money on buying it out right :S
    If there is a perceived or actual stock shortage, they would make more money per unit "sale" on contract, rather than an outright purchase.
    11-02-15 09:55 AM
    It could only be purchased from CarPhone Warehouse in the UK, they have a one year exclusivity deal. I've opted to now buy it directly from Shop BlackBerry instead, so hopefully I'll have it before "the end of November" as CPW quoted me.

Posted via CB10
    this sucks! :/ so glad i ordered mine 3 week ago lol
    11-02-15 09:56 AM
    If there is a perceived or actual stock shortage, they would make more money per unit "sale" on contract, rather than an outright purchase.
    ah right but like i said so glad i ordered mine 3 week ago lol stil ashame on op tho for him to make an order then nock him back well op i hope you get your priv soon!!
    CiaranUtting likes this.
    11-02-15 09:57 AM
    Yes, I am pretty sure that is why my two recent order attampets have come to nought... not sure what to do now...
    11-02-15 09:58 AM

Posted via CB10

Did they tell you this? Because I've seen three different messages:

1) CPW has a one year exclusive
    2) CPW has a three month exclusive
    3) The exclusive is actually nobody else wanted it

2 is the most common one I've seen.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    11-02-15 09:59 AM
    Does this mean that the launch event won't be in the UK? I wonder if this actually has something to do with a BlackBerry backlash for video review since it seems to be one of the only reviews out there. Maybe they weren't supposed to do it.
    11-02-15 10:06 AM
    Does this mean that the launch event won't be in the UK?
    There wont be any launch event...
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-02-15 10:11 AM
    Does this mean that the launch event won't be in the UK? I wonder if this actually has something to do with a BlackBerry backlash for video review since it seems to be one of the only reviews out there. Maybe they weren't supposed to do it.
    its deffo happening in the UK i go to pick my device up friday
    11-02-15 10:12 AM
    There wont be any launch event...
    I don't see why one was needed. They don't have the budget for it. Apple spends like a billion each quarter on advertising and crap. BlackBerry just can't afford stuff like that.
    11-02-15 10:13 AM
    just been on the phone to my local CPWH and she said there gonna ring me Friday when they get the delivery so i can go pick it up
    11-02-15 10:25 AM
    Did they tell you this? Because I've seen three different messages:

1) CPW has a one year exclusive
    2) CPW has a three month exclusive
    3) The exclusive is actually nobody else wanted it

2 is the most common one I've seen.
    CPW's "deal" with BlackBerry has been very favorable to them. Got pre-order a week early, got to be the ones to fist have a unboxing..... Maybe with exclusivity, CPW has agreed to do the UK marketing??
    11-02-15 11:19 AM
    I've just called them again as I was charged 579, I said it now is 559. So I have to get a refund when I pick it up and then buy it again in store to get my 20 back, how crap!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    nonamenomore likes this.
    11-02-15 03:14 PM
    Well I ordered mine through Carphone Warehouse a few hours after it went up for pre-order, so I must have been one of the first.

I still got the confirmation email immediately followed by the email saying that the phone was out of stock.
    nonamenomore likes this.
    11-02-15 04:00 PM
    I've just called them again as I was charged 579, I said it now is 559. So I have to get a refund when I pick it up and then buy it again in store to get my 20 back, how crap!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I almost got charged 579.99 as well but my bank interupted the transaction as a suspected fraud so I was able to cancel the transaction mid-way. Called CPW up and the guy on the phone could not change the charge to 559.99 himself since only his manager can do that and so it should be changed tomorrow morning. I hope this thing wont interfere with the order timing!
    11-02-15 04:05 PM
    carphone warehouse are not the best for service I gave up buying my Blackberry phones from them as they were not interested in selling them,
    Amazon offered a better service and were cheaper, giving an exclusive to any supplier is unwise as Nokia found out, lets hope Amazon start selling them.
    11-02-15 06:39 PM
    That doesn't make sense. BlackBerry has been tweeting and promoting the CPW vids as they get posted.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 07:53 PM
50 12