I've had the Priv on pre-order for about a week now. The Carphone Warehouse made a pretty big deal about it being exclusive to them, and as far as I can tell it's still listed on their website: PRIV by BlackBerry deals & contract offers | The Carphone Warehouse

However, I just had my order cancelled. I phoned to ask why, and was told they would no longer be stocking the device! How can this be? Why turn around on an exclusivity deal just a week before launch? Could it simply be a mistake?

Anyone else heard anything?

EDIT: Update - called back and spoke to a different person (though seemingly the same call centre staffed by people on the other side of the world who don't give a ****), and they told me it was an error because they were out of stock.

Their idea for fixing the situation was "just order it again, and you should have it by the end of November". No thanks, guys...

Though I suppose it's a good sign for BlackBerry if they're already selling out.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-04-15 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Added bold for edit
    11-02-15 09:07 AM
    nothing like that for me... maybe they have sold out of the original order and can't fulfil anything for a while so decided to cancel. seems like you ordered much earlier than me though... and I've heard nowt
    11-02-15 09:09 AM
    That is really odd. I wonder what is going on. Fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 09:10 AM
    I've had the Priv on pre-order for about a week now. The Carphone Warehouse made a pretty big deal about it being exclusive to them, and as far as I can tell it's still listed on their website: PRIV by BlackBerry deals & contract offers | The Carphone Warehouse

However, I just had my order cancelled. I phoned to ask why, and was told they would no longer be stocking the device! How can this be? Why turn around on an exclusivity deal just a week before launch? Could it simply be a mistake?

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure you didn't have a credit check problem?* CPW has a habit of doing this.

* Note, I'm saying there is anything wrong with your credit-worthiness just that people often fail checks for odd reasons.
    11-02-15 09:13 AM
    As far as I know my credit is fine! And if that was the reason, wouldn't they have just told me that?

The person on the phone clearly stated she had an email saying they would no longer be stocking the phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 09:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    Did you buy it outright or is it contract? If its contract one of you checks may of faild i cant see them just cancleing your order for no reason bit odd tbh :s
    11-02-15 09:16 AM
    As far as I know my credit is fine! And if that was the reason, wouldn't they have just told me that?

The person on the phone clearly stated she had an email saying they would no longer be stocking the phone.

Posted via CB10
    did they violate the NDA ?
    11-02-15 09:17 AM
    Bought outright.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 09:18 AM
    maybe they saw evleaks tweet and have pulled the plug
    11-02-15 09:20 AM
    maybe they saw evleaks tweet and have pulled the plug
    What did his tweet actually say? It must have been pretty bad for them to scrap exclusive sales.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 09:22 AM
    As far as I know my credit is fine!
    Sure - I got rejected by CPW once because they said I failed a credit check - I found out later they ran it on another person!

And if that was the reason, wouldn't they have just told me that?
    Good point.

Posted via CB10
    Very odd.
    11-02-15 09:22 AM
    It's still on their site OP...

I would just call again and speak to someone else.
    11-02-15 09:23 AM
    Really as if sumets not right why the hell would they cancle your order 3 days before sumets not right and i my self would personally go in to see
    11-02-15 09:23 AM
    did they violate the NDA ?
    What if they did? Are you suggesting that BB send them an email saying they won't have it? Possibly because of a NDA.
    11-02-15 09:25 AM
    What did his tweet actually say? It must have been pretty bad for them to scrap exclusive sales.
    It's still on their site, though. So it seems they are still selling it. Maybe some mistake with your particular order?
    11-02-15 09:26 AM
    11-02-15 09:26 AM
    I guess someone else need to call CPW..To find out
    11-02-15 09:27 AM
    I odered Priv last Friday from Carphone Warehouse, had immediate confirmation, but six hours later Bank made contact and failed to make payment. First time ever, and with significant funds in place...mystery. Since then, I have placed further order on line, and two days later no payment has been debited. Called CPWH and got nowhere other than "we have no stock". I have no idea whether my order is valid, when payment will be made, and when, if at all, delivery is likely. Not good....
    11-02-15 09:28 AM
    My guess is BlackBerry had many companies agree to sell the phone with a condition on sales amount. CPW probably had little interest and decided it wasn't worth selling the phone and cancelled it.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 09:30 AM
    My guess is BlackBerry had many companies agree to sell the phone with a condition on sales amount. CPW probably had little interest and decided it wasn't worth selling the phone and cancelled it.

Posted via CB10
    I cannot think think of a circumstance where they have done this before - CPW is just a boxshipper in this regard, it would be really unusual to do this - the usual response is they would downgrade what they would spend on promoting it but actually cancelling it, I've never seen that before.
    11-02-15 09:32 AM
    This is the email I got after placing my order with CPW. I called them about fifteen minutes ago to ask about it and they told me to expect delivery by the sixth.
    Carphone Warehouse UK cancelled my Priv Pre-Order-img_20151102_153226.png

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 09:33 AM
    Update: called back and spoke to a different person (though seemingly the same call centre staffed by people on the other side of the world who don't give a ****), and they told me it was an error because they were out of stock.

Their idea for fixing the situation was "just order it again, and you should have it by the end of November". No thanks, guys...

Posted via CB10
    swaggardo and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-02-15 09:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    right... just after they posted two exclusive videos of the device, including an official Priv unboxing!!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-02-15 09:34 AM
    I call #CarphonewarehouseGate
    11-02-15 09:36 AM
    Update: called back and spoke to a different person (though seemingly the same call centre staffed by people on the other side of the world who don't give a ****), and they told me it was an error because they were out of stock.

Posted via CB10
    That sucks mate. You got time to get a shopBB order in?
    11-02-15 09:37 AM
50 12