What I notice is that the curved edges of the screen aren't used for anything. Is this just for aesthetics? It might as well not have a curved screen if it's just black.
    10-16-15 07:04 AM
    What I notice is that the curved edges of the screen aren't used for anything. Is this just for aesthetics? It might as well not have a curved screen if it's just black.
    It is used to display time and battery information - was shown in one of the leaks.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 07:14 AM
    We don't know yet.. This video was super brief.. Super brief.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-16-15 07:15 AM
    I'm not sure if this has been discussed before - it is the first time I have seen this.

A white bar on the edge (where it appears curved) near the power buttons, when closed? Seems to stay in the same position on the screen when the screen is extended.

Carphone warehouse hands on-s16n7y7.jpg

Edit: Also can be faintly seen when he is taking a selfie and when he is typing in the app drawer. Also in Maps.
    Is this related to that 'peek' blackberry feature I keep hearing about?
    10-16-15 07:16 AM

Android 6.0 app drawer?... *cough* told you *cough*
    5.0 has that app drawer as well - Bizzarely it was done via an update to the google search app.
    10-16-15 07:25 AM
    If you follow the link https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=lvmkWI8g you can view the prices and pre-order.

Prices seem fairly standard for a flagship but I can't be bothered to do a proper comparison.

Depressingly, there is a box on the desktop site saying 'only at carphone warehouse' if this means they have an exclusivity deal and none of the carriers will be getting it then I will be extremely disappointed. Not only will it mean it has a limited audience in the UK it will mean I will be unlikely to get one as I will not be able to use certain discounts I can use with my carrier, making this prohibitively expensive compared to the competition.

I jumped through lots of hoops to get my passport, I don't know if I can be bothered again....

Damn.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 07:38 AM
    No hub?
    10-16-15 07:39 AM
    If you follow the link Priv by BlackBerry contract deals and offers from �49 per month | The Carphone Warehouse you can view the prices and pre-order.

Prices seem fairly standard for a flagship but I can't be bothered to do a proper comparison.

Depressingly, there is a box on the desktop site saying 'only at carphone warehouse' if this means they have an exclusivity deal and none of the carriers will be getting it then I will be extremely disappointed. Not only will it mean it has a limited audience in the UK it will mean I will be unlikely to get one as I will not be able to use certain discounts I can use with my carrier, making this prohibitively expensive compared to the competition.

I jumped through lots of hoops to get my passport, I don't know if I can be bothered again....

Damn.

Posted via CB10
    Unlocked 579 GBP. I think they lost their mind.

S6 Edge is 499 GBP, LG G4 is 399 GBP. This is looking more like at least $849 CAD.
    10-16-15 07:40 AM

S6 Edge is 499 GBP, LG G4 is 399 GBP. This is looking more like at least $849 CAD.
    They are old phones now, the Priv will came down in time. I have seen the G4 available for �250 somewhere unlocked and new, Android devices depreciate very quickly.

P.S. Where did you find the unlocked price?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 07:44 AM
    10-16-15 07:47 AM
    Also didn't notice before but they also say delivery is expected by the 6th Nov.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 07:48 AM
    5.0 has that app drawer as well - Bizzarely it was done via an update to the google search app.
    You can get it on KitKat as well. You just have to install the Google Now launcher. It's what I use to get rid of TouchWiz.
    Carphone warehouse hands on-screenshot_2015-10-16-08-40-53.pngCarphone warehouse hands on-screenshot_2015-10-16-08-41-46.png
    They are old phones now, the Priv will came down in time. I have seen the G4 available for �250 somewhere unlocked and new, Android devices depreciate very quickly.

P.S. Where did you find the unlocked price?

Posted via CB10
    The unlocked prices in Canada rarely come down, they just shift a bigger portion from the upfront to the contract finance part. But if you cancel you still pay full MSRP. Telus still selling the Edge for 850/960 CAD and G4 for 700 CAD.

Since they got some specs wrong (like the front facing camera: 2 MP instead of 5 MP) we can not be sure that this is the real final price.
    10-16-15 07:49 AM
    Since they got some specs wrong (like the front facing camera: 2 MP instead of 5 MP) we can not be sure that this is the real final price.
    They can copy and paste specs wrong, but I kinda doubt they would price it wrong like that.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-16-15 07:51 AM
    If you follow the link Priv by BlackBerry contract deals and offers from �49 per month | The Carphone Warehouse you can view the prices and pre-order.

Damn.

Posted via CB10
    Yikes that pricy. Same as Samsung Galaxy S6 edge Plus 32GB which is about $800 here on BB site
    10-16-15 07:51 AM
    Confirmed specs
    Battery life and operating system
    Operating systemAndroid 5.1.1 Lollipop
    Talk time (up to)3,410mAh battery
    Battery size (in mAh)3,410 mAh
    Body and screen
    Screen technologyAMOLED
    Device size147 (184 opened) x 77.2 x 9.4 mm
    Sim typeNano
    Screen sharpness540ppi
    Device weight192g
    Screen size5.4"
    Screen resolution2560 x 1440 pixels
    Call
    Frequency bandQuad band
    Speakerphone
    Camera
    Flash typeDual LED
    Front facing camera2MP
    Camera quality18MP
    Connectivity
    3G
    4G
    Processor and memory
    Processor speed1.8GHz
    Memory card typeMicroSD up to 2TB
    Internal phone memory32GB
    Processor name and model1.8GHz dual core + 1.44GHz quad core Qualcomm� Snapdragon� 808 processor
    RAM3GB

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 giffgaff
    10-16-15 08:05 AM
    Yikes that pricy. Same as Samsung Galaxy S6 edge Plus 32GB which is about $800 here on BB site
    Just compared and the contract price is basically the same as the s6 edge 32gb on O2.

Considering how long the edge has been out and the fact that BlackBerry have the same quality display (but bigger), same storage but expandable, a bigger battery, a higher resolution camera, a physical slide out keyboard that's touch sensitive and what looks to be a very clean android OS with actually useful features... Then it starts to look like a bargain.

Blackberry have to make decent margins on these devices as they can not get away with the economies of scale Samsung can.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 08:05 AM
    Just compared and the contract price is basically the same as the s6 edge 32gb on O2.

Considering how long the edge has been out and the fact that BlackBerry have the same quality display (but bigger), same storage but expandable, a bigger battery, a higher resolution camera, a physical slide out keyboard that's touch sensitive and what looks to be a very clean android OS with actually useful features... Then it starts to look like a bargain.

Blackberry have to make decent margins on these devices as they can not get away with the economies of scale Samsung can.

Posted via CB10
    Except it has a Snapdragon 808 which in Android people's minds that's mid-range.
    10-16-15 08:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    they cant make any margains if no one buys them lol

and yes it does seem like better features maybe but you cant really charge people for them. especially when you need this phone to sell in the millions over much cheaper phones that have better specs and can get the day to day job done just the same
    tomsobon likes this.
    10-16-15 08:14 AM
    I am on ATT and want to get the phone ASAP. Should I pre order from CFW or wait to order directly from BB? If I order from CPW, which option could I choose that would work on ATT here in the states?
    10-16-15 08:17 AM
    I am on ATT and want to get the phone ASAP. Should I pre order from CFW or wait to order directly from BB? If I order from CPW, which option could I choose that would work on ATT here in the states?
    I don't think they ship to outside UK...
    10-16-15 08:19 AM
    Except it has a Snapdragon 808 which in Android people's minds that's mid-range.
    Which means absolutely nothing to 90% of buyers - it's a competitively priced flagship with flagship specs and a few unique features. That doesn't mean it will sell well, that depends on how poisonous the BlackBerry brand is and if they can get enough out there to reach a 'critical mass' of consumer awareness. This was never going to launch for less than �500 unlocked, but in terms of it selling, I don't think price is a huge factor. Contracts make phones accessible to most and Iphones are the best sellers despite their high price, people buy what they want.

It's the same chip as in the LG flagship and the android diehards can't get enough of the g4 thanks to its sd slot and removable battery.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 08:22 AM
    At the end it depends on:
    - what will reviewers say (if they say expensive than that will be become public perception, if they say priced reasonable for the specs, the public would adopt this standpoint)
    - what plans will be offerend by the carriers
    10-16-15 08:38 AM
    It's officially confirmed by BlackBerry.

Carphone warehouse has a Hands On Video about the BB Priv and it's amazing. See here below the link.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 08:38 AM
87 1234