I went to the Carphone Warehouse in Worcester, UK yesterday. I found the fake plastic pullout unit straight away, so there's the only positive of the experience.

The sales assistant asked me if I needed help, and I asked if there was a BlackBerry Priv in stock yet to look at despite the release date being pushed back. She had no idea what the BlackBerry Priv was, so went to get help.

A gentleman came out with a fresh smile and immediately stated "yes, it's an exclusive to us." my hopes raised, despite knowing it's for sale in John Lewis, London already.

I was given the release date and told I could come and look then... but was I sure? It's not an iPhone. The Sony Z series and the Samsung range have Al been flopping in comparison, and I should reconsider my choice. There's no way it will sell out, so come by anytime.

Such a "it's doomed, don't bother, buy an iPhone" mentality is just not 'independent' and I would have assumed my pulling a Passport out of my pocket to quickly reply to a message would have cemented the position that I'm not in the market for any other form of fruit than BlackBerry. Not a bit of it. "The 6s is amazing..."

Cue the cut off on my side. Terrible, biased, probably commission driven, more likely laziness driven from countless iPhone sales pitches.

Anyone else had similar?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 06:18 AM
    I live in the states and at an AT&T store they were excited about having it the only issue was there was only one in Stock and I bought it.

Blackberry is usually talked down no matter where you go in the states and from what you are saying it's spreading.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my Blackberry Priv
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-09-15 06:28 AM
    I went to the Carphone Warehouse in Worcester, UK yesterday. I found the fake plastic pullout unit straight away, so there's the only positive of the experience.

The sales assistant asked me if I needed help, and I asked if there was a BlackBerry Priv in stock yet to look at despite the release date being pushed back. She had no idea what the BlackBerry Priv was, so went to get help.

A gentleman came out with a fresh smile and immediately stated "yes, it's an exclusive to us." my hopes raised, despite knowing it's for sale in John Lewis, London already.

I was given the release date and told I could come and look then... but was I sure? It's not an iPhone. The Sony Z series and the Samsung range have Al been flopping in comparison, and I should reconsider my choice. There's no way it will sell out, so come by anytime.

Such a "it's doomed, don't bother, buy an iPhone" mentality is just not 'independent' and I would have assumed my pulling a Passport out of my pocket to quickly reply to a message would have cemented the position that I'm not in the market for any other form of fruit than BlackBerry. Not a bit of it. "The 6s is amazing..."

Cue the cut off on my side. Terrible, biased, probably commission driven, more likely laziness driven from countless iPhone sales pitches.

Anyone else had similar?

Posted via CB10
    That only shows that Apple has a tight and unfair grip on the market and is worse than the OPEC at the heighst of their influence. It is time that the investigations in Canada spill over into the rest of the world and that Apple gets fined hefty penalties for unfair business practice
    will308 and Mr4aces like this.
    11-09-15 06:32 AM
    I thi with these stores they all have sales figures to probably hit and the likelihood is they probably think that the majority of people are going to want to walk away with a new iPhone or Galaxy phone.
    It is what the masses are doing at the end of the day.

Having said that, I completely disagree with their technique. What they should be doing is having a conversation with each person who comes in and find out what they want. If they have no clue, then it's time to suggest devices for them based on their needs. But if someone is in there looking for something specific, they have no right to try and rail road their decision especially when they have exclusively of the device in question.
    11-09-15 06:34 AM
    BlackBerry has learned from previous mistakes not to place huge orders like they did for the z10 and q10. Then it end up being unsold and then they were all written off the original price. I'm not really sure what they are doing right now. It seems they placed very small order for North America and the UK and some stores only got demo unites with no phones in Stock as of yet. I bet they are still waiting for phones to come from China at this time and most orders are still on hold and it will remain like this till maybe the end of this month. Yah that sucks so bad when there is a demand and they can't meet it, they will just end up losing customers specially when the phone is expensive

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 06:37 AM
    It is a CPW exclusive. It's not sold in John Lewis, but in Selfridges. Which has a branch of CPW inside it, attached to to the BB show area.
    11-09-15 06:42 AM
    The iPhone is popular, but Android phones are still selling better. So I'm guessing on your case it was indeed about the commission.
    11-09-15 06:44 AM
    The same happened to me ages ago when I enquired about the Z30. The sale man had the audacity to tell me despite my interest in the device that blackberry are dead and he'd consider the Z30 a very silly choice. They ought to be sacked for their disrespect towards the customer, not to mention a company that once held a very prestigious level of market share which all contributed to the uprising of said retail outlets.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 07:12 AM
    I thi with these stores they all have sales figures to probably hit and the likelihood is they probably think that the majority of people are going to want to walk away with a new iPhone or Galaxy phone.
    It is what the masses are doing at the end of the day.

Having said that, I completely disagree with their technique. What they should be doing is having a conversation with each person who comes in and find out what they want. If they have no clue, then it's time to suggest devices for them based on their needs. But if someone is in there looking for something specific, they have no right to try and rail road their decision especially when they have exclusively of the device in question.
    I have been a blackberry user since the pearl was first launched, when I rang EE this time last year and asked about the BlackBerry Passport I was told no one wants BlackBerry or asks. People want apple or samsung galaxy. It's crazy but true. Surely the rep on the phone would see I was currently using a blackberry bold and my last 6 phones had been blackberry. They don't sell what is best for you they are trained to sell what makes them the most profit.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 07:18 AM
    Absolutely crazy. What sales person turns down "I want this one please" with an objection? Only in Apple land. No, I don't want an iPhone or any other iDevice, so please sell me what I've asked for.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 10:52 AM
    I called into Belfast store to place order for priv and got speaking to the store manager who has a passport se. He said it was the first blackberry he has had and loves it. Was so glad to speak to someone who is positive about blackberry instead of getting that blank look we all normally get. Cpw seem to have a stock of 100 phones in warehouse they said. None have been sent out to stores yet though.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 03:06 PM
    They were just trying to sell you a phone Now. Would they had the more expensive priv available, they would have advertized it differently, seeing your interest
    11-12-15 03:10 PM
    er no. I went in for the second time yesterday and they said a very few have been sold in store and now they are out of stock. The next line was, how about the Galaxy 6 Edge+! I just gave him a look of disgust and walked out. Ordered online for delivery today. I don't have to deal with monkeys.
    I'd ordered from BB Shop but they seem to have made a right pigs ear of it. One minute its coming the next its not. Then I can't cancel it. Then I can! Not a great advert for BB in the uk at least. I think they are seen over here as a failed corporate device and not much else to the consumer. I really can't believe based on reviews being so good, that they've managed to get the launch and first week so wrong!! However I guess the CEO video tells a tale!
    I can't wait for mine to come today - but won't hesitate to return it - my concern is with the physical keyboard and my hammer thumbs being too flat :-/
    11-13-15 02:33 AM
    I believe you guys forgot these employees work for a company that sells phones and not blackberry. If I have a shop, and someone comes to buy something with ****ty supply from the manufacturer and don't have stocks of it, then yes I will recommend the highest selling alternative being the Iphone. It is BlackBerrys mistake, not the salesperson from carphone.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 03:32 AM
    Hello Mike smash.
    Newtownabbey here. I went into abbeycentre to ask about the Priv. Well I got a look that said. (what's that guy on).
    So I have ordered of CPW online. Will be here today. Can't wait.
    But I do have to say the guy that put the order in for me on phone said this is a very expensive phone you can get phone cheaper that are as good. So I told him off. Then he tried to get me to take it out monthly. Then the insurance. Jeezus like if he had been in front of me I woulda choke him.
    But there you go , that was my experience. I would just order online or get it sent to store.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 04:30 AM