So I preordered a Priv last week with Carphone Warehouse in the UK. It says delivery expected by November 6th. It doesn't say deliveries START on the sixth, but that we should expect delivery by the sixth.

Shortly after my preorder, I got an email saying that the Priv is out of stock. I assumed that was obviously the case given that this is a preorder. So, I called today to confirm what this meant. The advisor told me that perhaps delivery has been changed. I suspected this was the case given that I have ready delivery from BlackBerry has changed to the 9th.

However, the advisor then told me I should expect delivery by the 6th. I thought this is odd. Is it really possible this is true when BlackBerry is saying the 9th?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 09:23 AM
    I have had the same email. Ordered last week and had an email accepting and confirming my order but it said it was on back order. I assumed this is because it's a preorder but others who ordered before me haven't had that email so I guessed they've allocated all of their preorder stock on first come first served basis. And rightly so.

But yeah, I haven't called them coz I'm only ordering to try it out not desperate to have it. I'm desperate to try it, but not to own it if that makes sense! Do let us know any more info as you get it though!
    11-02-15 10:16 AM
    just been on the phone to my local as i was told the 6th also and they said there gonna call me when they get the delivery Friday so i can go and pick it up
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-02-15 10:23 AM
    I ordered on 24th on contract
    No out of stock email
    I called and they said the order is ok and should arrive on 6th
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    11-02-15 11:44 AM
    I ordered on 30/10 and they took the money today. I'm having mine shipped God knows when I'll get it.
    11-02-15 01:00 PM
    I immediately ordered with CPW for �579 when they first announced it but then cancelled and ordered with Shop BlackBerry when they said they would be selling it for �559.

Today I asked Shop BlackBerry for the actual shipping date for my order, which was showing as "shipping in week of 9th November", and asked whether it would be quicker for me to go back to Carphone Warehouse as they had said "Delivery due on 6th November".

Shop BlackBerry replied:
    "Because of the consistent public demand, all that belongs to the second batch will be shipped on the 9th of November.

BlackBerry will be the first to process the shipping for Priv.

9th of November is the shipping date and placing an order with Shop BlackBerry is quicker than Carphone Warehouse."

Maybe I put myself back to the "second batch" by waiting for the Shop BlackBerry announcement, or maybe CPW are lying about being able to deliver on the 6th... but it will be interesting to see when we all get our PRIV deliveries in the UK :-)

--
    Touchscreen smartphone user since 2000:
    Ericsson R380s, SonyEricsson P800, P900, P990i, BlackBerry Storm, Torch, Storm 2, Playbook, Z10
    and soon to be PRIVateer!
    11-02-15 03:56 PM
    I immediately ordered with CPW for �579 when they first announced it but then cancelled and ordered with Shop BlackBerry when they said they would be selling it for �559.

Today I asked Shop BlackBerry for the actual shipping date for my order, which was showing as "shipping in week of 9th November", and asked whether it would be quicker for me to go back to Carphone Warehouse as they had said "Delivery due on 6th November".

Shop BlackBerry replied:
    "Because of the consistent public demand, all that belongs to the second batch will be shipped on the 9th of November.

BlackBerry will be the first to process the shipping for Priv.

9th of November is the shipping date and placing an order with Shop BlackBerry is quicker than Carphone Warehouse."

Maybe I put myself back to the "second batch" by waiting for the Shop BlackBerry announcement, or maybe CPW are lying about being able to deliver on the 6th... but it will be interesting to see when we all get our PRIV deliveries in the UK :-)

--
    Ericsson R380s, SonyEricsson P800, P900, P990i, BlackBerry Storm, Torch, Storm 2, Playbook, Z10
    spoke to carphone warehouse today i get mine on the 6th !
    11-02-15 04:00 PM
    spoke to carphone warehouse today i get mine on the 6th !
    Did you get it?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 01:37 PM
    They're telling me mine might be in the store on Monday.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 04:04 PM
    They're telling me mine might be in the store on Monday.

Posted via CB10
    I'm hoping phones will ship Monday for Tuesday delivery? Not getting my hopes up though. The txt did say Friday.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 04:09 PM
    My order today has been confirmed

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 04:56 AM
    Mine's being dispatched today apparently. I rang up all ready to do some shouting but they ruined it for me by telling me it'll be here tomorrow.
    11-09-15 05:22 AM
    Mine's being dispatched today apparently. I rang up all ready to do some shouting but they ruined it for me by telling me it'll be here tomorrow.
    When did you order?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 05:24 AM
    The CPW website is showing that the device is in stock now so it would appear that all of the preorders will be fulfilled if that's the current status.

About right when I bought from Selfridges and its on its way today. Brilliant!
    11-09-15 05:33 AM
    October 26th - so not at the very beginning.
    11-09-15 05:43 AM
    11-09-15 06:02 AM
    October 26th - so not at the very beginning.
    That sounds promising to me I ordered on the 22nd so hopefully they will be shipping them all. I haven't had any confirmation yet though so don't want to get my hopes up to be disappointed yet again.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 06:26 AM
    Since I still have my Passport on contract for another year, I'm taking out a new contract for the Priv..... ordered yesterday night and just have an order acknowledgement.... no confirmation yet.... it was saying expected deliver on the 13th.... wait and see it is

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 06:34 AM
    I pre- ordered my Priv on 29th October and was informed that I would have it on 6th Nov. Received a text on 4th Nov telling me that due to 'nationwide stock issues' I would not be receiving it until 13th Nov. They have given me �5 to spend in store as a goodwill gesture. What does �5 get you in CPW, seeing as the don't stock any Blackberry accessories??

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 10:10 AM
    It was showing as In Stock at the Strand store in London today, also Oxford St and Selfridges, but none of the other London stores. So I just went to the Strand and they said no, they have no stock here but Selfridges have 1,300 of them!! WTF!

Is this a ploy to get everyone to spend �579 at Selfridges rather than wait a while longer and have the CPW / ShopBB one for �559?

I am not really fussed about the free hardshell that is reputed to damage the case, and I already have a car charger.. would love to get the phone ASAP but this is now a farce!

Would also love to know the real truth behind these shipping issues, there are so many reasons and rumours flying around. Guess we'll have to wait a little longer...

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 07:01 AM
    The stock issue with Blackberry Priv is apparently due to Blackberry so say CPW. I pre-ordered mine (on contract) at the end of October but will not get it until 13th Nov. Yet Selfridges and some CPW outlets have them in stock, so why have I had to wait if that's the case. Anyone who pre-ordered should have been first to receive them.

Anyway those of you who have them I hope you are enjoying them.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 08:12 AM
    I cancelled my order after the initial delay, re-ordered over the phone on Monday and got the phone yesterday.......and for �20 less money!!!!!
    Loving it!!!!!!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-11-15 08:27 AM
    I phoned CPW at 4 Oxford St this afternoon, to be told there were 7 in stock and that based on the popularity so far, they would probably not run out by the end of the day. So I got there just after 4.30pm and there were 5 in stock. Great! I'll have one, SIM free..

Oh no, the 5 are 'open orders', we are saving them for people who want it on a contract. (ie much more lucrative for them). But Selfridges have 1,233 ! (for �20 more, yeah I know).

Thanks but no thanks CPW.. looks like I'll have to wait my turn for ShopBB.

The lady I spoke to in CPW said that the PRIV is pretty much the only phone that people have been asking about all day! Maybe they will get more stock in 2 days.. but they can't say for sure.

I think all parties have seriously underestimated the popularity of this phone, but BB definitely messed up with their "launch date" and this will just make people annoyed and look elsewhere or not bother.

*sigh*

--
    11-11-15 12:27 PM
    Well that sucks for you but it's good news for the Priv surely! Nice to know that people actually care about a new BlackBerry device for the first time in ages!
    11-11-15 12:44 PM
    I picked mine up at the shop yesterday.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-11-15 01:32 PM
30 12