Has anyone else tried the Nite Ize Steelie Dash mount? Just tried it after Dremelling a hole in my leather flip case only to discover that it puts the phone to sleep. Phone thinks the flip cover is closed (even when it isn't in the case). Clearly this is caused by the interaction between the mounted magnet and the big metal ball. Really disappointed. This seemed like such an elegant, simple, handy mount. Will return it but am not even sure if the free mount using a clamp will work given that there is still a magnet and ball albeit displaced further from the phone (not actually attached to the phone back). Looking for recommendations for something that isn't ridiculously clunky, but still secure.
    02-14-17 05:39 PM
    I use the attached ajustable GPS support in the cup holder of my Camry, where I have two spaces for cups. I have a BB Passport which is a bit wider than most smartphones. And I remove the top portion of the support when I am not in the car, a way to not attract undue attention to the interior of the car. Good luck in your research.

Nexxtech Universal GPS Cup Holder Mount | Bluetooth & Handsfree | Cell Phone Accessories | Cell Phones | Computers, TVs, Video Games, Cell Phones & More | TheSource.ca
    02-14-17 05:54 PM
    My little brother uses the Nite Ize Steelie, absolutely loves it. He has a Moto Z Force though, not sure that the magnet affects it the same.
    02-14-17 05:58 PM