I purchased Priv to substitute my BB10 Passport, mainly due to expected Hub functionality. I was able to create at Hub an IMAP account for my private email and it works great. But I can't create Exchange e-mail account in Hub to access my work e-mail - "Can't connect to server". I take the same Exchange email account settings as I used on Passport . I cleared cache and data in BB Services and Hub apps, updated all BB Ltd apps, and made factory reset. Any idea what to do to setup Hub Exchange email?
    01-22-16 05:02 AM
    The "can't connect to server" doesn't sound like a BB software issue but somewhere down the line. Likely wrong URL? Try using the same URL that you use to access webmail on a desktop browser, or adding /owa to the end of it.
    01-22-16 09:36 AM
    I purchased Priv to substitute my BB10 Passport, mainly due to expected Hub functionality. I was able to create at Hub an IMAP account for my private email and it works great. But I can't create Exchange e-mail account in Hub to access my work e-mail - "Can't connect to server". I take the same Exchange email account settings as I used on Passport . I cleared cache and data in BB Services and Hub apps, updated all BB Ltd apps, and made factory reset. Any idea what to do to setup Hub Exchange email?
    When you fill in the account information, the default of some fields that the phone gives you is normally incorrect. For example in my own case my email is [email protected], and the phone automatically put " abc.com" in the server field while in fact it should be "mail.xyz.com" in my case.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-22-16 09:52 AM
    When you fill in the account information, the default of some fields that the phone gives you is normally incorrect. For example in my own case my email is [email protected], and the phone automatically put " abc.com" in the server field while in fact it should be "mail.xyz.com" in my case.

Yup. Same for my work Exchange. The server name is nothing like our email address.

Could be that your Exchange allows Android but not BlackBerry. Unfortunately, the Priv shows up as a BlackBerry not an Android. It's odd, but true. I think BlackBerry is/was investigating.

01-23-16 05:45 AM
    Thank you for comments. Meantime I have investigated the subject on Android's and Microsoft forums. The reason may be not full compatibility of Autodiscovery feature with some Android devices. According to Android's Issue 45380, MSDN the procedure for Autodiscovery has four different methods to get its settings. Upon one succeeds they are tried in order, Android only implements two ( has it improved since then?). Additionally, according to Microsoft's KB3035227 the Exchange Server 2010 SP3 RU9, Exchange Server 2013 CU8, and Exchange Server 2016 contain a new MobileSyncRedirectBypass feature in the Autodiscover service for Android devices. By default, this feature is enabled. Some versions of Android may not understand this feature. So it looks that the reason for "Can't setup Exchange e-mail account" is limited compatibility of Autodiscovery feature with some Android devices, including Blackberry Priv, that can be solved only with support of IT and that end users not can setup themselves their Exchange email accounts on their devices.
    01-24-16 08:30 AM
    Thank you for comments. Meantime I have investigated the subject on Android's and Microsoft forums. The reason may be not full compatibility of Autodiscovery feature with some Android devices. According to Android's Issue 45380, MSDN the procedure for Autodiscovery has four different methods to get its settings. Upon one succeeds they are tried in order, Android only implements two ( has it improved since then?). Additionally, according to Microsoft's KB3035227 the Exchange Server 2010 SP3 RU9, Exchange Server 2013 CU8, and Exchange Server 2016 contain a new MobileSyncRedirectBypass feature in the Autodiscover service for Android devices. By default, this feature is enabled. Some versions of Android may not understand this feature. So it looks that the reason for "Can't setup Exchange e-mail account" is limited compatibility of Autodiscovery feature with some Android devices, including Blackberry Priv, that can be solved only with support of IT and that end users not can setup themselves their Exchange email accounts on their devices.
    This. The Priv (maybe also other Androids) doesn't support the auto discovery option. Same experience. If you enter the server details manually everthing works fine.
    01-24-16 09:14 AM
    I had this issue as well with my exchange set up. Under server, I had to enter outlook.office365.com for my MS hosted exchange account.

01-24-16 12:01 PM
    Oh I've never used auto-discover! Always put the server name in. I have three exchange/ActiveSync accounts on my Priv,
    m.google.com on Google Apps for Work
    outlook.office365.com for Office365 and my work Exchange server.

For Google if I leave it on auto-discover, it configures via IMAP whether consumer Gmail or paid Google Apps for Work.
    01-24-16 12:23 PM
    For me , probably due to autodiscovery problem described above, entering Exchange server details manually does not work. There appears a window informing that Blackberry Services has requested a certificate to create Activesync email account. I wrote about it in separate the post at this forum. Actually the same problem with autodiscovery and request for certificate during manual setup appears when trying to establish Gmail Exchange account. So it looks, that in my case, the Android Blackberry is not compatible with Exchange server setup at my work. I quit Priv and switch back to Passport, that does not have such problems and connects to my work Exchange server perfectly.
    01-25-16 05:29 AM
    Gmail does not have ActiveSync unless you're on a paid Google Apps for Work subscription. All freebie Gmail.com and grandfathered free Google Apps for Work are all IMAP-only.

My Google Apps for Work is on ActiveSync (or their butchered version of it anyway) just fine. I'm syncing mail, contacts and calendar right now.
    01-25-16 09:01 AM
    While still not able to setup Exchange email account at Hub, I have found somewhere at forum info about two applications: Nine for Exchange emails and Textra for text messages. I installed Nine and it handles my Exchange account brilliantly. Both applications have plenty of usable setting options, and can be configured to fit Hub style. Would be great if Blackberry could integrate both into Hub.
    Last edited by wipa; 02-06-16 at 04:57 AM.
    02-05-16 03:09 PM