can't choose picture password-106442.jpg

I got this screens when I tried to change my password protect. Does anyone know how I can get picture password?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-18-16 01:56 AM
    I think this has been discussed before, have you got an exchange account or corporate email setup? They can specify minimum security levels which greys out some of the options.
    04-18-16 02:04 AM
    I think this has been discussed before, have you got an exchange account or corporate email setup? They can specify minimum security levels which greys out some of the options.
    That is correct.
    04-18-16 07:17 AM
    I have a work email on my priv and can only use a number unlock or password one

04-18-16 07:20 AM
    No I don't actually. I used to be able to change it anytime previously. But just today when I checked, I couldn't.

04-18-16 08:40 AM
    I think this is an appropriate question in a Picture Password thread.

When I use DTEK I get a only modest security and some of it is because I use Picture Password.

Data encryption: To improve security..... use a password, pin or pattern

Screen Lock: To improve security.... set a lock that uses a password or pin.

I thought that Picture Password was suppose to be pretty darn secure. I guess not?????????
    04-18-16 08:55 AM
    Have you tried rebooting the device.

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.
    04-18-16 08:55 AM
    I've tried rebooting it once, but still no change. Still unable to change the options!

04-18-16 11:10 AM
    There must be something "protecting" your device that is locking out the choices although I can't imagine what it is if it is a personal device with no ties to business or corporation.

So, when you go to Settings/Security/ScreenLock, you have to enter your Picture Password and then you get the limited options?

Are you on the regular OS or the Beta MM?

I just tried, entered my "picture" and have all the options available.
    04-18-16 11:26 AM
    Go into Settings > Security > Device administrators and see what shows up in that screen.
    04-18-16 11:30 AM
    Go into Settings > Security > Device administrators and see what shows up in that screen.
    Curious. What am I looking at or for:

can't choose picture password-screenshot_2016-04-18-10-37-49.jpg

This is not a PERSON as Administrator - but various apps that get/have permissions to change stuff?
    04-18-16 12:40 PM
    This is what I got.. Everything's on..

Attached Thumbnails can't choose picture password-109156.jpg  
    04-18-16 06:36 PM
    Oh and right now I'm using a PIN to unlock.

04-18-16 06:37 PM
    Not to sidetrack the thread, but is picture password still as aggressive in terms of number placement? I remember a lot of people complaining initially that they were getting locked out.

04-18-16 07:22 PM
    Not to sidetrack the thread, but is picture password still as aggressive in terms of number placement? I remember a lot of people complaining initially that they were getting locked out.

No. Changes went in around December when the very first maintenance release was put out to make it less aggressive.
    tufcustomer likes this.
    04-18-16 08:39 PM
    Security->clear credentials

04-18-16 08:58 PM
    Would that work? Will it affect anything else?

04-18-16 09:13 PM
    No. Changes went in around December when the very first maintenance release was put out to make it less aggressive.
    Any reason why DTEK seems to suggest that using Picture Password is less secure than some other methods? See Post 6 above.
    04-18-16 09:21 PM
    Bump!

04-20-16 08:13 AM
    I have a work account managed by BES12 and right before my job began managing my phone with BES12, i was able to use picture password. I noticed that i couldn't use picture password, so i spoke with the IT guy at my job and he enabled picture password for me again. It's a setting that your job can give access to.

Last edited by Candelo114; 04-21-16 at 12:28 PM.
    04-20-16 09:30 PM
    Security->clear credentials

Would anything happen if I were to clear credentials?

04-21-16 11:46 AM
    I had lots of trouble using my own pictures but figured it out. The issue seemed to be that when I was asked to crop my picture, my default picture viewer QuickPic was selected . . . when I was done cropping and tried to save, it just kept hanging on "please wait". So after failing a dozen times, I went into device settings/Apps/QuickPic and deleted it's default usage settings. Tried picture password again and this time selected Google photos to do the cropping and voila....it worked!

So maybe it just has to do with what image app you're using for the cropping.

04-21-16 03:16 PM
    Would anything happen if I were to clear credentials?

nope. it will fix not being able to use pic password.
    04-23-16 07:13 PM
    If you have credentials in the store you can't use picture password on Lollipop.

If you clear them it will be available but the credentials are gone... if you need them (e.g vpn cert) you need to choose for now...

04-23-16 08:37 PM