Lately, I started having a problem on my Priv. When a call comes in, if the phone is unlocked, the drop down notification will not respond to tapping Answer or Dismiss. To work around the issue, I went to Settings->Sounds and notifications->App notifications->Phone and turned off "Allow peeking". This disabled the drop down and brings up the full screen slider to answer.

I would prefer to be able to use the peeking notification. Any ideas? I'm not sure exactly when it started, and there have been a lot of app updates lately.
    Localgod54 likes this.
    03-17-18 03:48 PM
    While I don't have a solution to the problem, I'd like to chime in with a "me too." Your workaround was actually quite helpful, so I'd also like to drop a thank you. I'd prefer that the peeking option begins working again, but at least with your workaround, I can answer phone calls again.

Here's hoping somebody knows a solution or a future update fixes the issue.
    rossboulet likes this.
    03-19-18 12:13 PM
    Have you tried making it so that you answer calls by sliding the keyboard. That will solve the issue about answering calls I don't know about dismissing the call though
    03-19-18 12:14 PM
    Have you tried making it so that you answer calls by sliding the keyboard. That will solve the issue about answering calls I don't know about dismissing the call though
    Another nice workaround. You can set the phone up to reject a call with another button, the power button, maybe? I'll have to look.
    03-19-18 12:18 PM
    I never thought of that. You could possibly make it so that answering calls could be done with the space bar and that dismissing calls could be done with any other key on the keyboard
    03-19-18 12:26 PM
    Lately, I started having a problem on my Priv. When a call comes in, if the phone is unlocked, the drop down notification will not respond to tapping Answer or Dismiss. To work around the issue, I went to Settings->Sounds and notifications->App notifications->Phone and turned off "Allow peeking". This disabled the drop down and brings up the full screen slider to answer.

I would prefer to be able to use the peeking notification. Any ideas? I'm not sure exactly when it started, and there have been a lot of app updates lately.
    You might try two things: first reboot the phone (not restart). The other is to clear the cached data.
    03-19-18 02:05 PM
    You might try two things: first reboot the phone (not restart). The other is to clear the cached data.
    No joy. Held down power for 13 seconds to force a reboot. Cleared cached data. Turned peeking back on for phone. Still can't answer from the peek.
    03-19-18 02:22 PM
    I have the same problem. Thanks for the tip. I get the feeling Blackberry doesn't really care too much about helping Priv owners.
    03-21-18 03:48 PM
    Another problem I am having is when calling out I have it set to ask me if I want to use Google Voice or the phone's own number. That has been working fine until recently. Now it when I choose either Google Voice or the phones own number it doesn't do anything and then if I try to click on calling the number again it acts as if locked up and finally after about 30 seconds makes the call. This seemed to be coincident with the problem noted by the original poster here. Anyone else notice this? Thanks
    P.S. I just set to call on Google Voice only and it still took 20-30 seconds to try to connect. I then turned off Google Voice for calling out and the call went instantly. Something has changed with Google Voice integration.
    Last edited by dallasdingle; 03-21-18 at 04:19 PM.
    03-21-18 03:56 PM