Just got my Priv today (last one left in the store!), and I love it so far, but I'm having one major issue: I can't seem to add my email address to the Hub, which is extremely irritating because it's one of the main reasons I wanted the phone.

My email address is a university email (.edu) but is run by Gmail. I've set up my email in the Hub on other Blackberry devices (Q10, Classic), but can't get this to work on the Priv.

I go through the standard sign-in, and it prompts me to enter in my information manually. I try to use the IMAP account setup, but I can't figure out what belongs in the "Server" section. I've used "imap.gmail.com," which is what I read on my university's website, but that doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone figured this out? It's kind of mandatory that I have this email address in my hub; I'm a grad student and it's the account that all of my important emails come to.
    09-17-16 06:23 PM
    Have you compared your Priv settings with the Advanced Settings on your BB10 devices?
    Are you using Port 993 and SSL?
    Have you set the SMPT Server address to smtp.gmail.com, Port 465 with SSL?
    09-17-16 07:27 PM
    According to what my school's tech manual says, I should be using Port 993 and imap.gmail.com for the server, but I keep getting shut down--it just tells me my account can't be authenticated and that I need to update my settings. I went to the account on my computer and made sure the POP & IMAP were enabled, and that "less secure devices" were allowed access, but still to no avail. It's driving me bonkers.
    09-17-16 08:00 PM
    I've added two other Gmail accounts to the hub thus far, one of which is my old university's email—of course the one I need most (my current university where I'm in grad school) doesn't want to work.

I just looked at my BB Classic and I have all the same information in the account on that one and it works just fine. There's something going wrong here that makes no sense to me.
    09-17-16 08:12 PM
    I've added two other Gmail accounts to the hub thus far, one of which is my old university's email—of course the one I need most (my current university where I'm in grad school) doesn't want to work.

I just looked at my BB Classic and I have all the same information in the account on that one and it works just fine. There's something going wrong here that makes no sense to me.
    I guess you might have to check with the IT folks at the school come Monday.

Looking for the issue under Google I only saw older threads. But one suggestion was to forward the University email to your ordinary gmail account, if that is possible. I have gmail retrieving my Compuserve email but I don't know if it would work for you.
    09-17-16 08:31 PM
    I guess you might have to check with the IT folks at the school come Monday.

Looking for the issue under Google I only saw older threads. But one suggestion was to forward the University email to your ordinary gmail account, if that is possible. I have gmail retrieving my Compuserve email but I don't know if it would work for you.
    Yeah, I may have to ask someone in the IT department. It still doesn't want to add that email address.

I was also on campus today and couldn't get the WiFi to respond. I'd connect, which normally thereafter triggers the university login screen for authentication; once you've done this, the phone usually remembers and it automatically connects from there on out. Had no luck getting it to that though. For some reason, I can't get any accounts/services from my school to work right on the phone.
    09-18-16 10:38 PM
    Make sure that your account settings in Gmail show IMAP enabled. Most likely the cause.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-16 11:52 PM
    Thought I'd reply to a years old thread because I was having the same problem today, this thread comes up as the first result if you Google to troubleshoot, and I found the answer - so adding to this for the sake of anyone else who may come across this problem and then this thread in the future!
    I tried manual set up in the hub using the Gmail IMAP settings. After that, logging into the email account on my computer I found an email from google saying a "less secure app" had been blocked from logging in. At the bottom of the email was a link the the google setting to allow "less secure apps". I toggled that switch, and lo and behold the manual account set up in the hub worked. No idea why it's being flagged as less secure when straight Gmail accounts work fine, but there you are!

Apologies for waking up a dead thread, but I hope this helps someone in the future solve this niche problem quickly
    gebco and Wezard like this.
    03-21-18 05:33 PM
    Sorry to wake up an old thread but unfortunately I am still having the issues adding a school email (that uses Gmail) to BlackBerry Hub. The school email is @umich.edu

Here is what I did:
    - Ensure POP and IMAP access is enabled in Gmail settings.
    - Allowed access to less secure apps in my Google settings.
    - Followed the IMAP steps from here (https://support.google.com/mail/answ...175&hl=en&rd=1). Tried both methods of IMAP setup and manual setup

I'm still receiving the following error: "Your account (xxxxx@umich.edu) can't be authenticated. Update your account settings and try again"

If I did something incorrectly or if you know what other steps to take, please do let me know!

Thought I'd reply to a years old thread because I was having the same problem today, this thread comes up as the first result if you Google to troubleshoot, and I found the answer - so adding to this for the sake of anyone else who may come across this problem and then this thread in the future!
    I tried manual set up in the hub using the Gmail IMAP settings. After that, logging into the email account on my computer I found an email from google saying a "less secure app" had been blocked from logging in. At the bottom of the email was a link the the google setting to allow "less secure apps". I toggled that switch, and lo and behold the manual account set up in the hub worked. No idea why it's being flagged as less secure when straight Gmail accounts work fine, but there you are!

Apologies for waking up a dead thread, but I hope this helps someone in the future solve this niche problem quickly
    12-06-18 10:04 PM