11-18-15 02:36 PM
42 12
tools
    Honestly you didn't make a *bad* decision. The phone in my opinion isn't worth 700. On Verizon you can get the Droid turbo 2 which is much better spec'd for less money.

I will say this, having to make this phone work for me it's not bad. Battery life did improve. And it's cool going from a z10 to all the new features. But it's not worth 700. It should of at least come with a sleeve and screen protector and a 5 mp front facing camera at 700$.

But I have hopes and dreams and I am suffering android in case it helps them enough that they see all our suffering and build another bb10 device.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Like the example I made with the Nexus 6P. A solid performing SD 810 device for $499. Technically one could even argue that stock Android Marshmallow w/ the permission settings control and fingerprint reader is more secure than the Priv. And yes, I realize that both phones have encryption. I understand it might not be welcome for a supposed Crackberry user to start ranting about other Android phones but there is a point to be made. Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 11:46 AM
    Had mine for a couple of days now and at first, it was roasting hot as it sync'd everything and set itself up, it's now fine and battery life is good, not great, but getting better as I fine tune it's settings.

As Blackberry pushes out updates the device will get smoother but there's nothing there that's made me regret buying the Priv, and it will only get better in the coming months.

I'm going to keep that in mind. A part of me wonders if there are unique issues to the AT&T variant vs the unlocked Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 11:49 AM
    I mean maybe when the price comes down I'll come back. The whole concept of the Priv is very appealing to me and I think that Android in general is a very smart move to save BlackBerry's hardware sales. I'm glad there are people out there happy with their battery life. I just don't understand why comments about this device are all over the place. Help me out here, is that fairly typical for Crackberry users?

Posted via CB10
    I think you will find the reason for the comments all over the place is because peoples experiences are all over the place. One person will have issue's with the signal strength - another won't. Battery life appears to depend on the device settling over a period of a few days and whether or not the OS has been updated; a few have gotten just plain bad units.

This being a help forum and as such I think we tend to see the worst issues. But, with all the patterns forming, we can start to paint a realistic picture. Personally I think it's the device because of those patterns. The good thing is, with BlackBerry's apparent presence here and elsewhere, I believe any issues will be quick to be resolved.

The question is, do want to sit it out, or dance?
    11-18-15 11:50 AM
    I cancelled my Shop BB order as well, although I did only after I bought the Priv from Amazon. To me, I would rather use the phone myself then take the opinions and venting of people on message boards about a phone. I was really looking forward to this phone and I am glad I bought it on my one and didn't just rely on internet views about issues.
    11-18-15 11:52 AM
    I would love to participate in such a beta but I guess BlackBerry doesn't want my money or not willing to enroll me in such a beta..

All of you usa canada or wherever u got ur priv.. I envy you all..

Posted via my awesome Passport
    11-18-15 11:58 AM
    Every first gen device has issues. Every device has issues. EVERY device has bugs. The fact that there is a wide degree of battery performance isn't any different than any other new phone. Every iphone since the first has had many users complaining about battery life.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Silver Passport!
    11-18-15 12:06 PM
    Every first gen device has issues. Every device has issues. EVERY device has bugs. The fact that there is a wide degree of battery performance isn't any different than any other new phone. Every iphone since the first has had many users complaining about battery life.

Point taken. I think I would have not cancelled had it been for that $700 price tag. That kind of money is usually reserved for a more buttoned down device.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 12:12 PM
    OK, I realize this post is going to get hate from the BlackBerry fan boys, but this needs to be said. I am a current PP user and cancelled my Priv order from Shopblackberry because there were entirely too many posts complaining about a disparity in the battery life. So really buying the Priv made me feel like I'm a Beta tester and not a valued customer who is getting a quality BlackBerry product. A part of me wonders if the complaints out there are due to the BB 10 users who are having a culture shock from Android. Believe me, I wanted to have this device. There's just way too much of a disparity in the reviews to feel confident about dropping $700.

Posted via CB10
    The beauty of Amazon is you can test out the Priv and if you don't like it you can just return It. I am expecting after all the reviews that the keyboard is too small and the software is buggy. Too many complaints for it to be anomalies.

11-18-15 12:19 PM
    OK, I realize this post is going to get hate from the BlackBerry fan boys, but this needs to be said. I am a current PP user and cancelled my Priv order from Shopblackberry because there were entirely too many posts complaining about a disparity in the battery life. So really buying the Priv made me feel like I'm a Beta tester and not a valued customer who is getting a quality BlackBerry product. A part of me wonders if the complaints out there are due to the BB 10 users who are having a culture shock from Android. Believe me, I wanted to have this device. There's just way too much of a disparity in the reviews to feel confident about dropping $700.

Posted via CB10
    You should try one first before you decide if your stuck on bb10 I can understand but otherwise the priv trumps any other blackberry in my opinion.
    11-18-15 12:19 PM
    OP, I think you made a smart move.

Let things settle down with the PRIV, maybe a software patch or two and a price drop and it "might" be a great choice in the future.

Then again there could be some manufacturing issues with their new "partner", that need to be addressed.
    Not likely to happen for quite a while.
    11-18-15 12:25 PM
    I will probably "try" once the kinks are ironed out and it's not not next to impossible to get an unlocked unit. It annoys me that AT&T charges $50 extra for a locked unit.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 12:39 PM
    Point taken. I think I would have not cancelled had it been for that $700 price tag. That kind of money is usually reserved for a more buttoned down device.

Posted via CB10
    It is expensive, no question. But phones don't get more expensive as bugs get worked out.

11-18-15 12:41 PM
    No hate, I feel more or less same than you. I feel after reading different posts that the software is rather unfinished on the BlackBerry experience which cause several issues with email synchronization, hub and battery life. I have several trips within the next 3 weeks so I don't want to carry with me a phone (which by the way is the most important tool for my business when I am abroad) which will not work as perfect as expected and as it works my passport.
    Particularly when I remember the problems I had with the Z10 when I bought it at launch day....
    I will definitely go for the Priv but at about end of the year, I trust that since then most of the reported issues will be solved.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-18-15 12:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure you didn't follow the Blackberry passport launch either, these are just a few:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...drain-1041948/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...suess-1028288/

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-poor-1035889/

99% of battery related "problems" are software, wich is mis-used by the consumer or isn't updated. Battery threads every single forum in the smartphone comunity has. Trusted professional reviews like technobuffalo have been saying that the battery life is great. Sure you might not get as good battery as the passport, but that's just expected since Android is the least battery friendly OS on the Market.
    11-18-15 12:55 PM
    99% of battery related "problems" are software, wich is mis-used by the consumer or isn't updated.
    This is a fascinating statement. Is there any science behind it? What if I told you it was actually 98%? What if I decided to say it was 12%?
    11-18-15 01:41 PM
    I canceled my order, but I still got shipping confirmation + the free car charger and holster. Can't complain about these DR idiots, now I'll have some freebies. I saw the pending charge on my Amex, now I don't see it, so unless it's a technical glitch i'll enjoy my free Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 01:57 PM
    11-18-15 02:36 PM
42 12