OK, I realize this post is going to get hate from the BlackBerry fan boys, but this needs to be said. I am a current PP user and cancelled my Priv order from Shopblackberry because there were entirely too many posts complaining about a disparity in the battery life. So really buying the Priv made me feel like I'm a Beta tester and not a valued customer who is getting a quality BlackBerry product. A part of me wonders if the complaints out there are due to the BB 10 users who are having a culture shock from Android. Believe me, I wanted to have this device. There's just way too much of a disparity in the reviews to feel confident about dropping $700.

Posted via CB10
    Mi Lindo Pulgoso, Ee Ror and kitmo like this.
    11-18-15 10:45 AM
    OK, I realize this post is going to get hate from the BlackBerry fan boys, but this needs to be said. I am a current PP user and cancelled my Priv order from Shopblackberry because there were entirely too many posts complaining about a disparity in the battery life. So really buying the Priv made me feel like I'm a Beta tester and not a valued customer who is getting a quality BlackBerry product. A part of me wonders if the complaints out there are due to the BB 10 users who are having a culture shock from Android. Believe me, I wanted to have this device. There's just way too much of a disparity in the reviews to feel confident about dropping $700.

Posted via CB10
    Here is the first. MY Battery is way better than my Z30. And does not get hot.

Many just are not updating BlackBerry Limited apps and doing their syc settings properly. Not turning off apps notifications that suck data constantly.

Posted from my Priv!
    3junior, John Doe99 and Camelhmpz like this.
    11-18-15 10:52 AM
    Great that you cancelled, maybe I'll get mine earlier now :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 11:00 AM
    OP, I think you made a smart move.

Let things settle down with the PRIV, maybe a software patch or two and a price drop and it "might" be a great choice in the future.

Then again there could be some manufacturing issues with their new "partner", that need to be addressed.
    kertong likes this.
    11-18-15 11:00 AM
    I won't hate on you but I'm getting great battery life and I'm a fairly heavy user on my Priv. I'm easily getting 16+ hours of use and showing typically 20% remaining when I plug it in to charge at night. No heat issues either with my Priv.

I'm very pleased after migrating from a Q10. Sorry you are not happy.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    11-18-15 11:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    I own a Passport...and even with my battery issues... I will stick with my Priv. However, I see no problem with your comment - pretty valid.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Maybe when the Vienna drops the Prev bugs will be worked out and run a lot smoother .
    So now we have 'I cancelled my priv order's thread'.. :can't-watch:
    John Doe99 likes this.
    11-18-15 11:07 AM
    I mean maybe when the price comes down I'll come back. The whole concept of the Priv is very appealing to me and I think that Android in general is a very smart move to save BlackBerry's hardware sales. I'm glad there are people out there happy with their battery life. I just don't understand why comments about this device are all over the place. Help me out here, is that fairly typical for Crackberry users?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 11:07 AM
    That's the different between I phone fans and BlackBerry fans, I phone fans even they fond any thing bad, on their I phones they don't complain and make it the best, but BlackBerry fans they love to make BlackBerry the worst device ever, on bb10 they are complain no apps, now with android thw issue solved, then no we won't priv with bb10 , for me the best move now and they should do it from before, coz when priv do good bb10 stay alive in long term when it's failed it's mean good bye bb10 and blackberry device, sorry for bad English

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 11:10 AM
    I mean maybe when the price comes down I'll come back. The whole concept of the Priv is very appealing to me and I think that Android in general is a very smart move to save BlackBerry's hardware sales. I'm glad there are people out there happy with their battery life. I just don't understand why comments about this device are all over the place. Help me out here, is that fairly typical for Crackberry users?

Posted via CB10
    Isn't shopbb have return policy?

Here in Malaysia we don't have like that, try it and see if you like it
    11-18-15 11:10 AM
    acting without knowing the real truth. what a cowardly act.
    11-18-15 11:19 AM
    OP well said. I was a beta tester for the Playbook, for my Z10. Priv is probably beta testing too.
    11-18-15 11:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hold the frontpage!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 11:20 AM
    acting without not knowing the real truth. what a cowardly act.
    Why would you say that? It's his money, he can choose how to spend it as he wishes besides he pre-ordered his Priv but BlackBerry has failed to deliver. So he's read a lot of mixed reviews on the product, so what if he's having doubt. That should fall on BlackBerry for not getting it into his hands faster.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 11:24 AM
    OP well said. I was a beta tester for the Playbook, for my Z10. Priv is probably beta testing too.
    On my second day and it is a freakin awesome beta test :-)

Came from using a Passport as my daily.

11-18-15 11:25 AM
    I think part of the battery life issue is just the rate at which it declines initially. My battery life has continued to improve, yet it still seems to drain very quickly in the morning, but then the drain rate slows down, I have yet to go a full day and have it die, even in the beginning I plugged in at 15% after doing initial setup, downloading apps and over using it because it was new and exciting.

Seems to be a premature move, if you could have just returned it after testing it for yourself. But at least you are rocking a passport which is fantastic and BB10

11-18-15 11:27 AM
    No regrets having bought the Priv. Moving from Z30, I can only feel I have now a superior, faster and up to date device surrounded by a much more complete OS.

Now I know that the ecosystem will be supported as long as I own the device, and that feels good.

No battery drain or other exaggerated issue.

11-18-15 11:28 AM
    Cancelled your order then cast about for affirmation of your decision from a bunch of strangers? Talk about insecure! ;-)

I've got news for you, people on these types of forums usually post when they have problems, thus even if most of the posts are negative, they are hardly representative of the Priv (or any device) as a whole.

Next shocker (hope you're sitting down) i'm pretty sure there are a lot of perfectly happy Android users out there who have never heard of CrackBerry. Given that (for the most part) we BlackBerry loyalists aren't the target demographic and new Android user conquests are, I wouldn't put much stock in anyone's opinion here, mine included.

I'm sure it's a great phone. I'll wait a bit for the price to come down in the coming months but i'm pretty sure that BlackBerry is on the right track, much as I really really like BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 11:30 AM
    Isn't shopbb have return policy?

Here in Malaysia we don't have like that, try it and see if you like it
    Yes of course BlackBerry has a return policy. I might as well have been singing you a different tune if I actually had my device in a timely manner and I wasn't a "coward" as some person put it. But really, I do read reviews on phones prior to purchasing. For example, I've been reading a lot on the Nexus 6P, which I understand is not remotely close to the Priv. Anyway, like other phones I have researched in the past, the users reviews are fairly consistent about that device. The 6P is an example of how good software makes a device great. It's disappointing to me that when doing my due diligence I read stories about people who literally had to tinker with their settings to get passable battery life. So I'm gonna stick with my Passport. It's a good phone and yes even though it's obsolete, it's a workhorse.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 11:31 AM
    Cancelled your order then cast about for affirmation of your decision from a bunch of strangers?

Posted via CB10
    This will have a diagnosis soon...
    11-18-15 11:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    Honestly you didn't make a *bad* decision. The phone in my opinion isn't worth 700. On Verizon you can get the Droid turbo 2 which is much better spec'd for less money.

I will say this, having to make this phone work for me it's not bad. Battery life did improve. And it's cool going from a z10 to all the new features. But it's not worth 700. It should of at least come with a sleeve and screen protector and a 5 mp front facing camera at 700$.

But I have hopes and dreams and I am suffering android in case it helps them enough that they see all our suffering and build another bb10 device.

11-18-15 11:34 AM
    Cancelled your order then cast about for affirmation of your decision from a bunch of strangers? Talk about insecure! ;-)

I've got news for you, people on these types of forums usually post when they have problems, thus even if most of the posts are negative, they are hardly representative of the Priv (or any device) as a whole.

Next shocker (hope you're sitting down) i'm pretty sure there are a lot of perfectly happy Android users out there who have never heard of CrackBerry. Given that (for the most part) we BlackBerry loyalists aren't the target demographic and new Android user conquests are, I wouldn't put much stock in anyone's opinion here, mine included.

I'm sure it's a great phone. I'll wait a bit for the price to come down in the coming months but i'm pretty sure that BlackBerry is on the right track, much as I really really like BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    Haha. Point taken. The point of the post was to vent a bit. I like BlackBerry and really do want then to succeed because the represent a segment in time for smartphones when they really were great. There is absolutely no comparison between the work I can get done on my Passport and my personal iPhone [yes, you read it, I have an iPhone]. BlackBerry is a company that I really want to stick around. There is too much of the same with iOS and Android and purpose driven devices are what generates the type of following we have on this site. I'd like to see BlackBerry fix the Hub on the Priv [yes, I have used one] and make it more honed in like BB 10.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 11:40 AM
    Had mine for a couple of days now and at first, it was roasting hot as it sync'd everything and set itself up, it's now fine and battery life is good, not great, but getting better as I fine tune it's settings.

As Blackberry pushes out updates the device will get smoother but there's nothing there that's made me regret buying the Priv, and it will only get better in the coming months.

11-18-15 11:41 AM
    Oh okay you cancelled your order. Not sure what we can exactly do with that information or how it's important but okay.

Posted via CB10
    John Doe99 likes this.
    11-18-15 11:43 AM
42 12