I saw other phones have this feature...when they receive a message, the flash on the back by the camera lights up like a strobe light.

How can we get that feature on priv?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-19-16 11:37 PM
    Why?

n8tiveg and ProjectBrett like this.
    01-19-16 11:46 PM
    I think you mean something like:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fication&hl=en

I really don't know WHY anyone would consider this useful... but hey, it's there if you want it. (pretty sure there are plenty more like that)
    01-20-16 12:06 AM
    I think you mean something like:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fication&hl=en

I really don't know WHY anyone would consider this useful... but hey, it's there if you want it. (pretty sure there are plenty more like that)
    Lol apparently over a million people consider it useful according to download numbers from your link

01-20-16 12:08 AM
    Lol apparently over a million people consider it useful according to download numbers from your link

Statistics, really. It doesn't show the number of uninstalls, which would be helpful in determining how many continued to find it useful after they downloaded it thinking that it would be useful.

Eitherway, I STILL don't see WHY or HOW this could be of any use (we all have different priorities, sure you can respect that bit).

Just because I don't 'get it' doesn't mean that the app is useless. And just because other people find it useful, doesn't imply that I MUST find it useful.
    n8tiveg likes this.
    01-20-16 12:14 AM
    Eitherway, I STILL don't see WHY or HOW this could be of any use (we all have different priorities, sure you can respect that bit).
    I don't have a use for it either, but I know people who do and carry their phone on their belt, so they don't see the notification led blink, but they see the flash.
    01-20-16 12:53 AM
    I don't have a use for it either, but I know people who do and carry their phone on their belt, so they don't see the notification led blink, but they see the flash.
    Smartwatch is great for not missing calls and texts

Posted via the Priv CrackBerry App for Android
    01-20-16 02:27 AM
    Yeah this is ridiculous.

01-20-16 06:11 AM
    I found it useful when you're on a busy/loud environment and the phone is not very close to you that you can feel the vibration option.

The more options available the better isn't it?

01-20-16 08:33 AM
    Because this is Apple's answer, and people are married to iStupid.

And it is, by the way. When I'm in a bar and see that crap start on someone's phone I know they're an *****. If you want your phone to alert you of something in a given place then have it where you can feel the vibration or have the screen wake up and have it where you can see that.

Blasting anyone within 20' with a high-output LED flashlight ought to be rewarded with a beer poured over your head, but the beer is worth too much to waste on people with this level of IQ.
    01-20-16 08:38 AM
    Statistics, really. It doesn't show the number of uninstalls, which would be helpful in determining how many continued to find it useful after they downloaded it thinking that it would be useful.

Just because I don't 'get it' doesn't mean that the app is useless. And just because other people find it useful, doesn't imply that I MUST find it useful.
    Fully agree. I was just shocked that many actually downloaded it. As for whether it's useful or not, I'm also with you on that one.

L o r d R a j likes this.
    01-20-16 09:34 AM

And it is, by the way. When I'm in a bar and see that crap start on someone's phone I know they're an *****. If you want your phone to alert you of something in a given place then have it where you can feel the vibration or have the screen wake up and have it where you can see that.

Blasting anyone within 20' with a high-output LED flashlight ought to be rewarded with a beer poured over your head, but the beer is worth too much to waste on people with this level of IQ.
    👍

01-20-16 11:44 AM
    I have the opposite question. My Z30 camera flash lights up when I get a Face10 notification and I don't know how to turn it off, please help!

04-27-16 07:37 PM

Wrong! I have had several i devices and I have never had a want or a need for this. In fact, I always missed BB's notification light.
    04-27-16 08:39 PM
    It is useful in very loud environments. And you can't carry the phone on you. Moreover there are deaf people
    DenverRalphy and gizmo21 like this.
    04-29-16 10:52 AM
    Wow, do you guys have NO imagination at all? As other's have said, loud environments, deaf ppl...

Think construction site, or a loud factory, or even a very loud server farm where HVAC is so loud that you need to wear ear plugs to keep from going deaf.

I thought Blackberry users were smart, I guess I can't think that anymore. I'm very disappointed by the responses in this thread...
    gizmo21 and DenverRalphy like this.
    04-29-16 12:48 PM
    Well Priv has the notification LED. So better than nothing I guess.
    04-29-16 01:37 PM
    So many quick to criticize... Aside from the aforementioned reasons, there are also budget devices that don't even have an LED notifier, so using the camera's flash LED is a reasonable solution.

Don't be so quick to judge.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    04-29-16 02:08 PM
    Might seem useful to some, but it's quite annoying to others around you. I was flashed by someone's IPhone with this exact feature while inside an elevator. The guy wouldn't answer so it became truly bothersome...

I'm sorry, but regardless of functionality, there's something called "respect". Smartphones, and the way many people use them are already bothersome enough to those around us, no need to annoy them even more.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    n8tiveg and xKingHopy like this.
    04-29-16 02:46 PM
    Might seem useful to some, but it's quite annoying to others around you. I was flashed by someone's IPhone with this exact feature while inside an elevator. The guy wouldn't answer so it became truly bothersome...

I'm sorry, but regardless of functionality, there's something called "respect". Smartphones, and the way many people use them are already bothersome enough to those around us, no need to annoy them even more.

Doubtful. The only time it would be an issue is in a dark room like a movie theater. A well lit environment like an elevator, it'd be a non issue as it'd be barely noticeable unless your staring right at it.

Complaints about this is hyperbole at best. If somebody hadn't brought it up, I doubt anybody would bother to chime in. It's not like suddenly it's an ongoing problem.
    Last edited by DenverRalphy; 04-29-16 at 03:21 PM.
    04-29-16 03:07 PM
    Doubtful. The only time it would be an issue is in a dark room like a movie theater. A well lit environment like an elevator, it'd be a non issue as it'd be barely noticeable unless your staring right at it.

Complaints about this is hyperbole at best. If somebody hadn't brought it up, I doubt anybody would bother to chime in. It's not like suddenly it's an ongoing problem.
    Right, so I'm lying about how noticeable and annoying it was to others in the elevator, guess you'd know better mate...

Regardless, this is sidetracking the OP's question and I'm also guilty of it myself. I may not like it, but his question was if he's able to use this feature on his PRIV, let's try to stick to it.

@OP: I ignore if it's possible, but if you've seen other Android users, I'd suggest you ask what app they're using. At least out of the box, with Lollipop 5.1, I couldn't find the option.

04-29-16 05:24 PM