So what's your solution? An email in hub with attachment can not be saved directly to an SD card.
    Let us know how on this Priv. And what file manager do you use?

Posted from my Priv!
    Start by moving your data from your SD card to your computer. Once moved or otherwise backed up, format your SD card using your device. Check if it then works for attachments. If so, move your data back to SD card from your computer. Everyone should be doing this anyway as it solves A LOT of the SD card issues, nevermind the fact that the Priv uses a different SD Card structure then BlackBerry 10 devices. And I use Solid Explorer for a file manager.

Can we get a File Manager by Blackberry on Priv?-screenshot_2015-11-16-17-00-14.jpg
    11-16-15 09:07 PM
    ES File explorer...well that did the trick.
    All my files can be managed from one place now. Thx

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    southlander likes this.
    11-16-15 10:11 PM
    Brilliant. A phone that is sold on the basis of privacy has to rely on a third-party file app from the Google Play Store.
    Too funny.

Posted via CB10
    I hadn't considered that. Whichever file manager you choose would naturally need to have permissions to view and manage all of your files...that's basically everything besides communique. Maybe even that included to an extent (I don't know how the Android file system works).

Wow. So...wow. Am I interpreting this situation correctly?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 10:28 PM
    Wait, so I spent $1000 just to have to sideload APK's again.? Sweet baby jesus

Posted via CB10
    You sir just won the internet. At least we don't have to patch anymore.
    11-16-15 11:41 PM
    Start by moving your data from your SD card to your computer. Once moved or otherwise backed up, format your SD card using your device. Check if it then works for attachments. If so, move your data back to SD card from your computer. Everyone should be doing this anyway as it solves A LOT of the SD card issues, nevermind the fact that the Priv uses a different SD Card structure then BlackBerry 10 devices. And I use Solid Explorer for a file manager.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-11-16-17-00-14.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	380908
    Hi Blaize....does Solid Explorer integrate fully with the BB Hub on the Priv? In short, using Solid Explorer, can i send an email with multiple file attachments from my SD Card or cloud storage, say Dropbox? Thanks!
    11-17-15 10:26 AM
    Hi Blaize....does Solid Explorer integrate fully with the BB Hub on the Priv? In short, using Solid Explorer, can i send an email with multiple file attachments from my SD Card or cloud storage, say Dropbox? Thanks!
    No. Hub forces you to use the built-in file manager that so many folks seem to think doesn't exist lol.
    Can we get a File Manager by Blackberry on Priv?-screenshot_2015-11-17-09-59-25.jpgCan we get a File Manager by Blackberry on Priv?-screenshot_2015-11-17-09-59-41.jpg
    gvs1341 likes this.
    11-17-15 10:58 AM
    Not true. The Blackberry File Manager is essential to the productivity that Blackberry offers. No app on google can offer the same productivity
    11-17-15 11:20 AM
    Not true. The Blackberry File Manager is essential to the productivity that Blackberry offers. No app on google can offer the same productivity
    Alrighty then.

Android users will have to heal from the disappointment.
    calyth and hamsterwheel like this.
    11-17-15 11:25 AM
    When you speak of productivity ambiguously then it's hard to argue. But when one lays two pieces of software side by side and compares features I don't see what BlackBerry has that say Solid Explorer does not.

Did BlackBerry trademark the word "productivity" and I slept through it? Lol.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    11-17-15 11:56 AM
    No. Hub forces you to use the built-in file manager that so many folks seem to think doesn't exist lol.
    Interesting. In Cyanogenmod, if I want to attach a file to an email, I get to choose the file manager I use to find the app, "just this once" or "always." I thought this was a generic Android feature, so the Hub or any other email client would work the same way. Apparently not. Is this a restriction of the Hub or non-CM Android?
    11-17-15 12:04 PM
    Did BlackBerry trademark the word "productivity" and I slept through it? Lol.
    Correct. When you attach a file to an email, or update your Facebook status, or read CB on a BB10 device, you are being productive. When you do these things on an iPhone or Android device, you are...toying rather than tooling.
    11-17-15 12:07 PM
    Horsehockey. You are used to the BBFM, but I can absolutely guarantee you there are equal and better products.
    11-17-15 12:14 PM
    Correct. When you attach a file to an email, or update your Facebook status, or read CB on a BB10 device, you are being productive. When you do these things on an iPhone or Android device, you are...toying rather than tooling.
    Especially if you have SnapChat installed. You are automatically a useless drone if you use SnapChat.
    11-17-15 12:15 PM
    Interesting. In Cyanogenmod, if I want to attach a file to an email, I get to choose the file manager I use to find the app, "just this once" or "always." I thought this was a generic Android feature, so the Hub or any other email client would work the same way. Apparently not. Is this a restriction of the Hub or non-CM Android?
    Hub. They've not implemented the intent feature for it because as you can see in the images I posted, there's a stop before that wherein you pick which file you want to add. Rather than add yet another step to the process, they just used the built-in one.
    gvs1341 likes this.
    11-17-15 12:42 PM
    That's your opinion. As vague as it is.. lol
    11-17-15 12:44 PM

Name:	Screenshot_2015-11-17-09-59-25.jpg 
Views:	566 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	380990Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-11-17-09-59-41.jpg 
Views:	564 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	380991
    Thanks Bla1ze....what if i negotiate from Solid Explorer? Can i select multiple files from SD Card or or Cloud from there and share into an email?
    11-17-15 03:56 PM

Name:	Screenshot_2015-11-17-09-59-25.jpg 
Views:	566 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	380990Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-11-17-09-59-41.jpg 
Views:	564 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	380991
    How do you get the device to recognise your SD card ? The screen you shows your SD card. Mine only shows downloads and Internal storage.
    I think this is why people are confused because without the device recognizing the SD card it does not matter whether you use the Android built in file mgt or an app file mgt.
    Is it a format issue?

Posted from my Priv!
    11-17-15 04:05 PM
    Based on the fact that the core OS is Android, I don't believe that would be possible with the different file system structure. But perhaps someone more tech knowledgeable can interject.
    Yup, there's a file manager build into Android 6.0, and even if you've updated your device already, you might haven't even noticed its presence. That's because it isn't launched your app drawer. It wouldn't have been fun if it was that obvious, would it? Here's what you need to do to access Marshmallow's file manager feat

Open Settings
    Go to Storage and USB
    Scroll down and tap on Explore
    southlander likes this.
    11-17-15 04:49 PM
    How do you get the device to recognise your SD card ? The screen you shows your SD card. Mine only shows downloads and Internal storage.
    Mine is even worse, it does not show 'Internal storage', so the only folder I can attach e.g. PDF files from is the Downloads folder, so I have to move everything there first with some other file manager :/
    11-17-15 05:27 PM
    Thanks Bla1ze....what if i negotiate from Solid Explorer? Can i select multiple files from SD Card or or Cloud from there and share into an email?
    You cannot do it from the Hub itself, but since it's Android you can use the Share option from many apps.

E.g. using the Astro file manager (and I'm guessing this also applies to Solid Explorer), you can select multiple files, click the Share button, select BlackBerry Hub, and presto: a e-mail draft will be generated containing all of the selected files as attachments.

However this is a different way of working (start from the file manager instead of from the Hub)

Also one caveat: from Astro the share option only seems to be active when at least one of the selected is in a 'recognizable' format. Possibly SolidExplorer has no such limitation. However even in Astro when I tested a set of files with 2 PDF's, one ZIP file, and 3 uncommon/unsupported files, in the end all 6 files were attached to my draft.
    11-17-15 05:33 PM
    I think this is why people are confused because without the device recognizing the SD card it does not matter whether you use the Android built in file mgt or an app file mgt.
    Is it a format issue?

Posted from my Priv!
    I honestly don't know how I got it to recognize it. All I know is what I already outlined.

Previously it did not recognize it. I formatted my SD card. It now recognizes it.

Simple as that.
    southlander, bcjci and gvs1341 like this.
    11-17-15 05:33 PM
    For reference, the SD card works fine in Hub for me.

Card was originally supplied with my 9900 (I *think*, it may have come with my Motorola Milestone back in the day) then went via -> Q10 -> Passport and is with me now, shows up in the hub attach file dialogue as soon as you hit the three dots and press show SD card.

Can we get a File Manager by Blackberry on Priv?-index2.pngCan we get a File Manager by Blackberry on Priv?-index.png
    11-17-15 05:48 PM
    I use the file manager by Asus. I loaded my SD card into the phone and it recognizes internal and external storage. I can not delete files directly off the SD card but I can delete them when plugged into my computer using USB mode. I am able to easily share documents/files by
    1) opening the file manager
    2) selecting the document with a long press
    3) pressing the three vertical dots and selecting BlackBerry Hub.

It automatically loads it into an email document. You select the recipients.

STV100-1, SQW100-4
    11-17-15 06:44 PM
    I hadn't considered that. Whichever file manager you choose would naturally need to have permissions to view and manage all of your files...that's basically everything besides communique. Maybe even that included to an extent (I don't know how the Android file system works).

Wow. So...wow. Am I interpreting this situation correctly?

Posted via CB10
    Seeing your SD card doesn't mean much. Most SD cards are formatted with FAT and has no concept of file ownership or permission, so if someone really want to trash your sd card, and your phone don't want to do it, just take it out and mount it on your Desktop.

Now, the file managers for android cannot trash the internal storage that the app runs on, not unless it requests root permission and you have a rooted phone. Every app has its own sandbox, and that's enforced by the Linux kernel that Android runs. You'd have to exploit an app with more access to secure write permissions.
    southlander likes this.
    11-17-15 07:51 PM
    Hub. They've not implemented the intent feature for it because as you can see in the images I posted, there's a stop before that wherein you pick which file you want to add. Rather than add yet another step to the process, they just used the built-in one.
    Well, if there's only a single app that could respond to an implicit intent, then it won't bother asking. It's like pressing the home button for any android phone. When you buy it, it has one launcher. IIRC the home button fires an implicit intent.

Now if you go and install another launcher, then the system will prompt you which launcher you want to use, and you could set your preferences permanently.

If you have installed another file manager, and Hub doesn't ask, either it is coded to use an explicit intent, i.e. it knows exactly which app it wants to use (typically a window within the same app, or some system app), or the intent criteria doesn't match up to what your file manager can handle, so it knows that there's only one choice left, and don't bother asking.
    southlander likes this.
    11-17-15 07:54 PM
210 ... 45678 ...