I know we can all agree on this. Can we get a File Manager by Blackberry app on Priv? Do it Blackberry/devs.
    11-14-15 06:39 PM
    No need. They need to focus on how to make the hub and productivity tools perfect. You can download a file manager from the thousands of file managers on Google play.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and John Gee like this.
    11-14-15 06:45 PM
    I know we can all agree on this. Can we get a File Manager by Blackberry app on Priv? Do it Blackberry/devs.
    Based on the fact that the core OS is Android, I don't believe that would be possible with the different file system structure. But perhaps someone more tech knowledgeable can interject.
    Ernest Xiang likes this.
    11-14-15 06:47 PM
    No need. They need to focus on how to make the hub and productivity tools perfect. You can download a file manager from the thousands of file managers on Google play.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, but all of the file managers on Play suck. I've tried em.
    11-14-15 06:56 PM
    Based on the fact that the core OS is Android, I don't believe that would be possible with the different file system structure. But perhaps someone more tech knowledgeable can interject.
    If true, that's ****ty.
    11-14-15 06:57 PM
    I agree with this.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 06:59 PM
    I'm sure one of them can meet your needs
    10 Best Android File Managers

You are used to BB10 like most of us, and you'll miss some features and applications (funny, isn't it?) when moving to android, but BlackBerry doesn't need to develop applications that you can easily find in Google Play. They need to develop and perfect the applications that make Priv a BlackBerry. Hub, Blend (sometime soon I hope), productivity, security, pkb integration etc..
    11-14-15 07:03 PM

You are used to BB10 like most of us, and you'll miss some features and applications (funny, isn't it?) when moving to android, but BlackBerry doesn't need to develop applications that you can easily find in Google Play. They need to develop and perfect the applications that make Priv a BlackBerry. Hub, Blend (sometime soon I hope), productivity, security, pkb integration etc..
    The BlackBerry File Manager IS a great part of BlackBerry and WOULD make the Priv much more "BlackBerry". None in the hub can do what BB10 file manager can do, which is unfortunate.

This is one of the things that kept me with BlackBerry all these years. Remote file access thru Link from anywhere in the world. I use it every week.

I hope BlackBerry finds a way to make it work.

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn and FF22 like this.
    11-14-15 07:10 PM

You act like they can't MULTITASK lol.
    Surely they can do what you want AND tinker around to build some file manager.
    11-14-15 07:13 PM
    Would be nice to have a clean looking file manager consistent with the more buttoned down look and feel of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 07:16 PM
    You act like they can't MULTITASK lol.
    Surely they can do what you want AND tinker around to build some file manager.
    Well, they chose Android, so multitasking is not an option
    But seriously, I don't think they can multitask at this point, and not sure they need to spend money on it either.
    11-14-15 07:22 PM
    The BlackBerry File Manager IS a great part of BlackBerry and WOULD make the Priv much more "BlackBerry". None in the hub can do what BB10 file manager can do, which is unfortunate.

This is one of the things that kept me with BlackBerry all these years. Remote file access thru Link from anywhere in the world. I use it every week.

I hope BlackBerry finds a way to make it work.

Posted via CB10
    It is a great app, with Box and Dropbox integration as well. But creating a remote file access application means that they need to develop a desktop client as well. I hope this feature will come with the Blend for Priv, and I hope It'll come soon.
    11-14-15 07:26 PM
    Cloud Magic is good. I just started playing with it today. Able to attach files from Dropbox from email.

Posted w/ Priv
    11-14-15 07:36 PM
    There are also plenty of "password keeper" apps on playstore as well.. . . but they brought that over.

This is supposed to be a secure professional grade version of Android to sell to those that are productivity focused but want apps.

I am sorry but I have been through the 10 best and finding it hard to recommend... they are fine for joe blow that wants to find his or her pics from the weekend but lack professional simplicity.

Time will tell...
    11-14-15 08:03 PM
    Lol ES File Explorer and Cabinet are better than anything BB could produce for Android.
    dehdude and cribble2k like this.
    11-14-15 08:40 PM
    File Manger, calculator, music player are some of the apps they need to bring over.

Posted via CB10
    ck1647 likes this.
    11-14-15 08:46 PM
    All the android file managers are cluttered and ugly from my experience. I found one that's decent but it has ads.

The android calculator app is awful also. Be nice to have the bb10 file manager and calculator apps.

frisco49ers likes this.
    11-14-15 08:46 PM
    My sentiments exactly

11-14-15 09:05 PM
    I agree, but coming from what we've come from, many of us are spoiled. I know I am but an just going to accept the fact that BlackBerry will never get all of its most loved features on an android.

If they do I'm sure it's going to take time. Look how long it took to get them right on BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    John Gee likes this.
    11-14-15 09:10 PM
    Simple; Windows phone 10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    11-14-15 09:26 PM
    All the android file managers are cluttered and ugly from my experience. I found one that's decent but it has ads.

The android calculator app is awful also. Be nice to have the bb10 file manager and calculator apps.

Cabinet is the cleanest design
    11-14-15 09:30 PM
    Lol ES File Explorer and Cabinet are better than anything BB could produce for Android.
    Then why don't they already??? BB10 has had it for years and they still can't do what it does today?

I don't care who's file manager it is, as long as it does everything that BB10 did years ago....which no android file managers do today.

Posted via CB10
    mohawk apple and Just Me like this.
    11-14-15 09:37 PM
    Then why don't they already??? BB10 has had it for years and they still can't do what it does today?

I don't care who's file manager it is, as long as it does everything that BB10 did years ago....which no android file managers do today.

Posted via CB10
    What do you need in a file explorer so badly that you can't use a smartphone without it?
    11-14-15 09:38 PM
    ES File Explorer, ASUS File Manager. What's wrong with it?

What does the BB10 native file explorer have that those 2 above do not? I did everything on either of those 2 apps that I did on BB10 File Manager.
    11-14-15 09:46 PM
    ES File Explorer, ASUS File Manager. What's wrong with it?

What does the BB10 native file explorer have that those 2 above do not? I did everything on either of those 2 apps that I did on BB10 File Manager.
    They just don't look as straight forward and clean, probably because they do have more features (cleaning, scanning, task management, etc).

So maybe BlackBerry can make a clean looking file manager that is limited to only file management (and remote file access/ cloud integration). Something that would satisfy my needs 80% of the time (i.e. Finding a file.) And when I do need to do crazy stuff, I can fire up a more elaborate third party file manager.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 10:00 PM
210 123 ...