Hey just wondering if the phone will be generic android or custom BlackBerry like?

So sad

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 07:11 AM
    They... could... by creating a very customized launcher- look at what all those Chinese fake iphone people have done with their android skin and launcher that looks 99% like ios.

But they aren't - they simply and sloppily are replacing the standard droid task manager with active frames and making a hub app, that's about all you are going to get.

I am excited for the form factor, android however I am less than excited for... I hope it can be rooted (and most things that are rooted are secure... it's the things that can be rooted by a wireless non contact and or webscript stuff that's bad) then I can customize more and play around - and that usually will keep me entertained until something else shows up.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 07:30 AM
    Hey just wondering if the phone will be generic android or custom BlackBerry like?

So sad

Posted via CB10
    The simple answer is that we don't know as yet.

We've seen some leaked images and video clips of preliminary test versions. We have unsubstantiated rumours, which some are now quoting as facts.

A lot can change from the leaked info to the finished product, so we really just have to wait and see what features are carried over from BB 10.
    10-06-15 08:13 AM
    There are already apps that mimicking the swiping.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 09:23 AM
    They... could... by creating a very customized launcher- look at what all those Chinese fake iphone people have done with their android skin and launcher that looks 99% like ios.

But they aren't - they simply and sloppily are replacing the standard droid task manager with active frames and making a hub app, that's about all you are going to get.

I am excited for the form factor, android however I am less than excited for... I hope it can be rooted (and most things that are rooted are secure... it's the things that can be rooted by a wireless non contact and or webscript stuff that's bad) then I can customize more and play around - and that usually will keep me entertained until something else shows up.

Posted via CB10
    I've stated a few times that the Priv began life as a BB10 device then the switch to Android came shortly after the partnership with Google. As of now there is likely to be little "BlackBerry" on the Priv because of the short time to market, but if BB sticks with it we would most likely more of the BB10 features come natively to Priv and/or other future Android on BlackBerry handsets.
    There are already apps that mimicking the swiping.

Posted via CB10
    Sure, but unless this functionality is embedded into the phone the apps are just another drain on resources.
    10-06-15 09:32 AM
    Here's a quote from this morning's N4BB leak:

We were told BlackBerry switched a few things up on the home-button swipe gesture. Typically, in Android, you can long-press the home-button to see three additional shortcuts (usually the main gesture is to swipe up to access Google Now). BlackBerry has changed this to incorporate quick access to the Hub app and device search.
    10-06-15 09:35 AM
    The simple answer is yes, they could. They could probably take it right to the edge and make is look and behave 95% like BB10. Whether they will, not sure yet.
    Ecm likes this.
    10-06-15 03:24 PM
    Doesn't matter to me if they made an exact copy. I will not use a Android based phone.
    10-06-15 03:33 PM