Are these legit? So the menu button IS at the top of the screen a-la Material Design rather than being at the bottom of the screen where you can reach it with the thumb of the hand you're holding the device with a-la a design that actually makes sense AND looks good a-la BB10. When the screen is slid up you won't even be able to reach it with TWO hands HA! Terrible UX design!

It's real... just not from the BlackBerry Hub. Smh..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...emsi.hub&hl=en
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-07-15 10:07 PM
    I am sure hardware is finished and the main reason for the delay in releasing this phone is software related. I.E. Still likely have not managed to get the HUB and other BlackBerry software finished. Chen also said security on the device would improve next year as they are obviously late on those additional improvements.

Posted via CB10
    They still have some time to finish the hub, don't be upset because it's not present in a leak. Android M just got out for a few devices now and the rest will follow, or not. My guess is that Chen means the next version of Android will have a higher level of security, which is integrated in the OS. Check out app permissions

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 10:48 PM
    Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 01:03 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Totally agree

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and anon4226395 like this.
    10-08-15 01:07 AM
    If it was finished we would have a date. This is no stock android. Maybe December.
    10-08-15 02:08 AM
    So you're asking someone to break their NDA and get fired?
    I'm actually ok with that.
    10-08-15 07:50 AM
    The rumor has always been November. That could still be more than a month away depending on when in November. Plenty of time.

Plus, if it does get released in the US by all 4 major carriers, it still has to get through the FCC, and that hasn't happened yet.

Although it could technically be released the day of approval, all the relevant stickers/printing would need to be placed on the device before shipping. So you have to allow for at least that.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 09:58 AM
    I'm really wishing for just a couple of seconds of the Hub in action

Posted via CB10
    The closest thing we have to that is this video

Bla1ze reposted that in his editorial on "all we know about the BlackBerry Slider"

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 10:07 AM
    It's real... just not from the BlackBerry Hub. Smh..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...emsi.hub&hl=en
    Ah, so the Hub on Android is designed...

So the menu button IS at the top of the screen a-la Material Design rather than being at the bottom of the screen where you can reach it with the thumb of the hand you're holding the device with a-la a design that actually makes sense AND looks good a-la BB10. When the screen is slid up you won't even be able to reach it with TWO hands HA! Terrible UX design!
    Still terrible.
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 10-08-15 at 10:27 AM.
    10-08-15 10:16 AM

Bla1ze reposted that in his editorial on "all we know about the BlackBerry Slider"
    The bottom line is we still only have 6 month old graphic simulations and not a single live image of the HUB running on the Priv or any other Android phone.
    10-08-15 02:35 PM
    The bottom line is we still only have 6 month old graphic simulations and not a single live image of the HUB running on the Priv or any other Android phone.
    Controlled Leaks anyone??? Pretty obvious at this point... The HUB is the only thing they can really show off at the launch. But eventually it will leak soon enough anyway.. (this time not in a controlled way) getting closer to the release date.
    10-09-15 11:48 AM
    Are these legit? So the menu button IS at the top of the screen a-la Material Design rather than being at the bottom of the screen where you can reach it with the thumb of the hand you're holding the device with a-la a design that actually makes sense AND looks good a-la BB10. When the screen is slid up you won't even be able to reach it with TWO hands HA! Terrible UX design!
    Since when did Android ever present the user with good UI design?

But with everyone saying how customizable Android is, surely there's a way to move the menus down to where they can be reached, right?
    10-09-15 12:37 PM
    Can someone post a pic of Hub on Priv please?-1444522056920_401295.jpeg
    Frosty_Power likes this.
    10-10-15 07:09 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1444522056920_401295.jpeg 
Views:	1655 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	375279
    Why's there a yellow pen button floating over top of the message preview?

That's what I absolutely can't stand about Android: Buttons and other garbage layered on top of content. (Facebook "chat heads" is a good example of that...)

Put it down in a menu or something. (And yes, the BB10 "Quick action" button ticks me off too as it sticks up from the action bar.)
    10-10-15 07:13 PM
    It was shown running on a samsung not long ago. That's where the last image is from.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 07:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    I just watched the video and it seems like a weird hybrid of bbos hub and with the design of kit Kat. It's BlackBerry Hub but definately not in the way we are familiar with. I'm on the fence on this one! Not sure if I like it.

 вιaсĸвεггч� Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2639 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    10-10-15 07:52 PM
    Got to see the hub in action yesterday, it's very similar to bb10 hub, I think we will be pleasantly surprised and happy with the way they have implemented it into android. I have no pictures obviously of it but from what I saw it satisfied my needs for "must have hub if I'm going to buy this phone"
    BB-JAM215 and Frosty_Power like this.
    10-10-15 08:05 PM
    Got to see the hub in action yesterday, it's very similar to bb10 hub, I think we will be pleasantly surprised and happy with the way they have implemented it into android. I have no pictures obviously of it but from what I saw it satisfied my needs for "must have hub if I'm going to buy this phone"
    Did it look something like this BB10 example? The Samsung image above showing a list of emails doesn't really capture the essence of the BlackBerry Hub.
    Attached Thumbnails Can someone post a pic of Hub on Priv please?-blackberry-hub-12.jpg  
    ssbtech likes this.
    10-10-15 08:33 PM
    Here

Can someone post a pic of Hub on Priv please?-1442086860840-562644-b1o.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 08:55 PM
    ^^That really doesn't show you anything. Can't tell what's on that screen.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 09:49 PM
    Could it be that BlackBerry secretly allowed those leaks but had control over what will be shown and what's not?
    So you think that all the leaks from OS's to devices isn't controlled by BlackBerry? That's wrong, everything that gets leaked they knows about

CB10�Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    10-10-15 09:57 PM
    Just another very basic question, whether emailing system on Priv is BB's or Android? I wish along with Hub, this should also be retained. I have been on BB since last 10 yrs because of emailing system.

Z30 10.3.2.2789 thru CB10
    10-10-15 11:24 PM
    Just another very basic question, whether emailing system on Priv is BB's or Android? I wish along with Hub, this should also be retained. I have been on BB since last 10 yrs because of emailing system.
    I've been wondering the same and whether or not Google's requirements would be a factor.
    10-10-15 11:41 PM
    ^^That really doesn't show you anything. Can't tell what's on that screen.

Posted via CB10
    Got to thank him for his (worthless) effort.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-11-15 12:03 AM
    Got to thank him for his (worthless) effort.
    We all appreciate that Brandon was able to catch a picture of a Priv in the wild, but it doesn't provide any information about the Hub.
    Last edited by BB-JAM215; 10-11-15 at 12:52 AM.
    10-11-15 12:11 AM
75 123