11-17-15 01:28 AM
119 1234 ...
tools
    Fantastic device. Great build quality.

It's a top of the line device in terms of feel in your hand.

The screen is stunning. The curve brings some unique functionality.

It's fast, easy to use and loaded with great BlackBerry apps that they will improve over time.

I think it will be a huge seller.

Many comments you will read here relate to the change to android and all that brings. Overall is good. It's still a change to that some will criticize.

Accept that for what it is.

The fact is the hardware is a home run.

Good luck with your decision.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 11:20 AM
    !! Like !!
    11-08-15 11:20 AM
    Loving mine so far.
    11-08-15 11:37 AM
    It's a great device but it's really a Android device not blackberry at all or very little if any. I am sure blackberry will add some features in future updates.
    11-08-15 11:39 AM
    I like the device (yes, I own one). Albeit, I don't agree with $749.99 AT&T price tag.
    southlander likes this.
    11-08-15 11:43 AM
    I would say it's an adjustment, but a good product. I've not had the antenna problems noted with others, and it's growing on me. It's certainly nice to have apps that work, and up-to-date maps, etc. Some Blackberry features are, of course, missing however they may eventually show up as time goes on. Blackberry does updates that are progressive, if they follow what they've done with BB10. That said, I still think BB10 is a better OS but without apps it makes it difficult to foresee how they'll address that issue.
    11-08-15 11:43 AM
    I'd say myself, but my Pre-Order (you know, the pre-order you're supposed to get on launch day), still hasnt shipped and wont for 14 days. So yeah.
    11-08-15 11:46 AM
    It's a great device but it's really a Android device not blackberry at all or very little if any. I am sure blackberry will add some features in future updates.
    I disagree. This is totally blackberry written all over it. They implemented their three core attributes; efficiency, security, and typing. No its not BB10 but there are definitely some carry over that allows the user to create a similar experience.

I've had experiences with both LG and Samsung devices over the last 12 months. The Priv has provided me with the best Android experience I've ever had. Navigating around is much quicker. Yes some things could be better but man what a great start for BlackBerry.

DolemiteDONS and j21jam6 like this.
    11-08-15 06:38 PM
    If it were blackberry then it would have blackberry email and it doesn't this is an Android device basically.
    11-08-15 07:39 PM
    I was going to wait for first price drop. But made the mistake in trying it,then went back the next day. I am still new to physical keyboards as it's my first BlackBerry with one. But loving it so far.

I am confused with some of the android stuff but that's learning curve

11-08-15 07:43 PM
    yes
    11-13-15 09:51 PM
    Love mine

11-13-15 10:08 PM
    It's better than I could have imagined. I've been waiting for a phone like this for 4 years. It actually makes me upset that Apple convinced the world that physical keyboards are unnecessary. I've been using the Priv's PKB like my life depends on it. Love it!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    qwerty4ever and Adam Frix like this.
    11-13-15 10:15 PM
    I'm a fan.

11-13-15 10:32 PM
    Day 2, no regrets. Love it. Read the forum since release day so I knew some of the issues and recommendations. Start up was a breeze.
    11-13-15 10:43 PM
    Day 8. LOVE IT !!! I have had all the BlackBerry's with my last being a Z30. A iPhone 6 in there last fall.
    Best device for a business phone and toy all in one.
    Only phone on market today that is an all-in-one device. Takes some time to learn Android but same applies for new users of BB10 or iPhone
    Again. Love it!

Posted from my Priv!
    11-13-15 10:57 PM
    It's fantastic.

Are there things I miss from BB10? Yes. Can they be worked around? Most. Will the rest be added? I sure hope so.
    southlander likes this.
    11-13-15 11:06 PM
    Please be honest. Do you really like it? Do you feel it was worth the price? I know its only been a little more than a day but everytime I got a new Blackberry, I knew in the first 5 seconds whether I was in love or not. Is it even close to a Passport? Z30? Q10? (OS aside)

Does it feel cheap or does it feel like Blackberry quality of the past? Is it confusing? Are you happy with your decision?

The reason I ask is that I have read a few reviews and one was biased and the other was below expectations. Just looking for honesty.

Do you think it will keep Blackberry in Business or do you think it will close their doors?

thanks in advance
    I went to att today to check out the phone and was very dissapointed. Not a blackberry hater by any means in fact was hoping for the best. I did not like the keyboard and the phone was buggy and did not feel like a quality device compared to the s6 edge plus I have.

11-13-15 11:07 PM
    Thanks everyone. I am not getting one. Just wondered how they did with their Android Venture. I guess there wont be any more BB 10 OS phones now. Looks like Blackberry is going 100% Droid!
    southlander likes this.
    11-13-15 11:13 PM
    It's okay. A little disappointed how I can't make good use of my sd card. The only thing that makes up on having the Priv are apps that I use. Passport still is the best functional phone to me.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 11:16 PM
    Switched from an iPhone 6 to a classic...then to the Priv...this is the best phone I have ever owned. It is actually one of my favorite tech purchases of all time. in person, it looks like a phone a billionaire international banker would own. Blackberry did great on this one!

11-13-15 11:35 PM

Another review from Europe.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    southlander likes this.
    11-14-15 12:10 AM
    Love the Priv, it's been a week now and it just keeps getting better

11-14-15 01:29 AM
    loved it starting off, and I still think the hardware is top notch and beautiful -

however, the longer I use it, the more bugs and compromises I run into:
    1) AT&T carrier notification on the top left flashing at you before you can see your notifications, everytime you unlock the device, on an unlocked phone... really annoying
    2) the physical keyboard drops letters when you type too fast, esp. when tapping a letter twice in succession, i.e 'google' -> 'gogle'. pkb is one of the biggest draws i had to this phone and now it's driving me mad.
    3) the other draw was the sd card. that's buggy too - the camera is saving photos to internal memory even though it's specified to save to media card. copying new photos on my digital camera to the sd card via cheetah wireless sync, the pics don't show up in gallery unless i force a rescan with a umount/remount - which takes 15-20 minutes at least as I have about 15k photos. if i plug in a usb cable from priv->computer and copy the photos that way, that's an instant sdcard unmount/remount so another 15+ minute scan before my photos are available to me. in bb10 i could just drag and drop over blend and it'd show up right away.

things just feel unpolished, and hacked together just for fun, i popped my sim/sd card back into my passport se, and it was like a breath of fresh air... and i can type on it as fast as I want!

pondering a return of the priv now... it's still a nice phone, but... so is a passport SE... I can't believe I'm saying this, because I was a *huge* proponent of BB going android, and thought the bb10 diehards were just afraid of progress and change. time to eat crow I guess.
    NtotheK likes this.
    11-14-15 02:10 AM
    I'm in my first 24 hrs still. But so far so good

11-14-15 02:13 AM
119 1234 ...