It's great,

No, it's crap,

No it's good.

Maybe just try it for yourself, everyone will have a different experience and different expectations.

Via Passport 
    11-15-15 02:17 PM
    Happens all the time.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    Actually happens the majority of the time on a brand-specific website like this. I'm glad some are trying to be brutally honest here about what may be the most polarizing BlackBerry device ever. Very interesting also to hear from those who readily admit to not being Fans of the Android OS...but are liking the Priv even so.
    11-15-15 02:18 PM
    LOVE IT!!

Posted via CrackBerry with my Priv!!
    11-15-15 09:41 PM
    I want to like the Priv. I really do, but the build quality has been at best... less than stellar.
    My first Priv (ATT), was great until I burned through 2, yes 2 power adapters. Faulty adapters or bad phone? ATT agreed to replace my Priv with another one. That phone literally boot looped out of the box to the Blackberry BootLoader. I'm familiar with Android and just proceeded to the OS. Though the look on the ATT rep was funny. I then noticed after some actual use the left side of the device near the power button is popping out? At least this screen doesn't feel loose like the first one. As a previous owner of Silver Passport I'm pretty frustrated. It's a $700 phone that to this point feels like a cheap knockoff I could have purchased at Walmart.
    I'll probably take this one back as well. Just not sure if I want to give this device a 3rd try.
    11-15-15 09:42 PM
    The Priv is maybe the most beautiful phone I've ever seen. It is truly a work of art. But I don't like the keyboard. And I don't like Android. And I don't like the side keys.

But it's a beautiful phone, and I'd probably be completely happy if it ran BB10.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 09:49 PM
    I love my Priv. I've had most of the BB10 phones (including the Passport) but the Priv is a beautiful melding of BB10 and Android with a camera that I think is sensational. Love it.
    11-15-15 10:23 PM
    Over a week in and I love it!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android cause I'm a Prividiot
    11-16-15 06:36 AM
    Had mine for a week now and I love it. Hub needs a bit of work compared to BB10 but sure that will happen, call quality is excellent, even with a very weak signal. Phone not getting as warm now, but guess I was downloading a lot of new apps. Do miss a couple of apps that are not on Android, the File Manager is not as good and do miss bedside mode. Both of these would be great additions.
    But yes I do love it, feels and looks very classy. If it had a different logo on the front it would be a huge seller I'm sure, such a shame too many people judge a device by its name and not what it can do.
    Go for it!!!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-16-15 06:54 AM
    the physical keyboard drops letters when you type too fast, esp. when tapping a letter twice in succession, i.e 'google' -> 'gogle'. pkb is one of the biggest draws i had to this phone and now it's driving me mad.
    I didn't mind BlackBerry giving Android a try. Because I figured sooner or later I'm going to end up there anyway.

The pkb is the only thing that could have made me stick with BlackBerry. And they got it wrong.

I could type on the Bold 9900 with my eyes shut. Accurately. And quickly.

On the Priv I can type faster on the vkb which means to me why would I ever use the pkb? Can't use it without hitting 2-3 buttons at once. Yeah the automatic features can fix your pkb mistakes but at that point you've basically got a phone with 2 vkbs.

What would make me stick with BlackBerry over another Android device if you take BlackBerry physical keyboard out of the equation? Price. It should be priced about the same as the Nexus 6p or Moto-X Pure Edition.

At 400-499 I think it's worth it. But if I can't use the physical keyboard as my main input AND spend 700 dollars I'd get a Note 5 before the Priv.

So disappointed. I wish Ryan Seacrest would have won the clip on keyboard lawsuit because I need someone to make a BlackBerry (Legacy) quality keyboard for Android devices.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    kertong likes this.
    11-16-15 07:00 AM
    It's fantastic.

Are there things I miss from BB10? Yes. Can they be worked around? Most. Will the rest be added? I sure hope so.
    I agree. It is a good phone. Android takes some getting use to if you have not used it before. The Hub needs integration with BES12 secure work space or Good for it to work for me. Other than that it would be my daily driver. The narrow screen compared to the Passport is something that only affects PP users, but something that is overcome easily.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 07:15 AM
    Only issues I have is the battery and blackberry integration otherwise all is good.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 08:30 AM
    The truth is it really is big history and amazing what Blackberry has done with android. Sony is envious for sure. Hell I am sure all droid manufactures are envious. No one can lie about that.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    11-16-15 08:33 AM
    Luvvvvv it.
    Can Someone Please Tell The Truth? Do you like your Blackberry Priv?-img_20151116_144730_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 08:52 AM
    I think it's great but not without fault, I'd say it really needs to be tried in person before making the decision to buy though. The only real issue I have is the mute button between the volume up/down buttons which may as wel not be there. Really hope there's an update to make that a useful feature.
    kertong likes this.
    11-16-15 10:17 AM
    I think it's great but not without fault, I'd say it really needs to be tried in person before making the decision to buy though. The only real issue I have is the mute button between the volume up/down buttons which may as wel not be there. Really hope there's an update to make that a useful feature.
    I don't understand why it's not a pause button instead of a mute one. Useful for calls, not useful for media.

Posted via CB10
    MP556 likes this.
    11-16-15 10:30 AM
    I love mine so far. It's rock solid, fast, beautiful, and I've had no problems whatsoever with it. It was a great buy and a supreme upgrade from my Xperia Z3 (which I did like btw). Anyone who says this phone isn't worth $700 is obviously looking for different things in a phone than I am. My list (which the Priv knocks out of the park):

1. Great Multimedia Experience (Loud external Speaker, great screen, good headphone output)
    2. Very long battery life
    3. Unique, value added software
    4. Stable and fast
    11-16-15 11:18 AM
    I've had a Priv for 10 days. It is a great piece of hardware, very solid. I actually like the phone a lot, it's definitely not just another Android phone, but... I'm not ready to give up my Passport.

I came to Blackberry from Android and I really got spoiled by the keyboard, the Hub, and other Blackberry specific features. For me, unfortunately, these didn't translate well back to Android. It didn't help that I immediately ran into a Exchange server issue with the Hub on Priv. While I can setup my account in the native Gmail app, the Hub doesn't comply with all my companies policies (no problem on the Passport). BB has acknowledged this as an issue, but it's not clear when it will be corrected. I am sure they will fix it.

I have struggled with Android Apps on my Passport, but they work 'enough'. I thought this aspect of the Priv would win me over, but in the past 10 days, I've just realized I would miss my Passport too much. I'm going to return the Priv, and wish for BB to either release an Android version of the Passport, or something similar.
    kertong likes this.
    11-16-15 06:56 PM
    Do I like the Priv? Yes. A lot. It's beautiful, I love sliding the screen up, it solves the apps problem with BB10, and most of BlackBerry's software additions are useful. I also drew a "Woah" from someone when I revealed the keyboard under the display. That was an awesome sensation.

Am I keeping it? No -- and that really saddens me. The battery life is worse than my Note 4 and my Passport, Hub is a joke in terms of integration, the screen is far too dim in bright sunlight, the performance is incredibly varied (great sometimes, a laggy mess others), Maps directions cause the entire phone to slow to a crawl and GPS struggles to maintain a lock (I've never had this happen with Android before), and there are other smaller niggles that really can't justify the $700 outlay.

I will say, though, that the camera surprised me. It's over-processed and doesn't always use HDR when it should, but when the conditions are right it can take some truly amazing photos. And panorama mode? Wow. It's buggy to use, but the results are almost always incredible.

I'd keep the phone in hopes that my issues can be solved with updates (the camera, for instance, improved dramatically after an update), but the Passport took several months to get to a better state from launch. At the very least, I expect to be able to stream Spotify and have the phone navigate somewhere without it burning up, draining half the battery and causing the entire thing to grind to a halt.
    kertong likes this.
    11-16-15 10:28 PM
    I was really afraid I was going to be disappointed but I am so NOT! A bit of the Android learning curve, and a few little annoyances but I am so happy with the feel of the device and the apps! Wow so many, and they work and there are features I never had in the BlackBerry equivalent. So glad I got it

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv!
    11-17-15 01:28 AM
119 ... 345