Right behind Here Drive.
    Ah yes...Nokia.
    11-15-15 01:01 AM
    I went to the Telus store today to test out the Price. One thing I was very curious about was how it felt to type on the hard keyboard. Must say I was underwhelmed. There was not enough depth to the keys so I could not tell that I actually pressed it. I suppose it did take me a month to get used to my Passport but I really did not like it. Love love love typing on my Passport and I may just wait till they make a different variant.
    Sorry BlackBerry. Very nice phone but that is not a true BlackBerry keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 01:02 AM
    I love it. It's got its problems (dropping double-letters, a little too large and thin), but the benefits outweigh the negatives for me. It's worth it for me, because physical keyboard is #1 on my priority list, and there's no other choice in the Android world right now. But I know I'm in the small minority. This is my first BlackBerry device, so I don't know how it compares with other BBs, but the keyboard is fairly comparable to the other phones I've had, except the keys are more cramped in the horizontal direction, but I think I can get used to it. Don't know if it'll keep BB's hardware division in business, since most people can live without keyboards, but I hope so.

One silly thing I like is I set it to turn on or pick up calls when I slide open the keyboard, and hang up or turn off when I close it. Feels cooler than pushing a button, kinda like how flip-phones used to feel. =P
    11-15-15 03:42 AM
    After the setup process and fiddle faddling with the phone and learning an entirely new os I've got it now and love it. My first day was nearly a visit back to the Rogers store for a return. But I'm glad I stuck it out. It's really an amazing device. It's an android device with BlackBerry features. The vkb with flick word prediction is amazing for remembering the words you use most often.

I like to listen to music and had to do some research to find the right iem's that have the volume up/down and controls work with android. As my current iem's are all manufactured with IOS drivers. Flat tangle free cable, balanced armature and warm sound profile is what I found in my new pair so I'm a happy camper now.

Lastly the screen is amazingly clear watching videos. I highly recommend the Priv but be patient to learning android. Once you get over that part it's a breeze and easy to use. I am coming from a Passport. Do I miss bbos10!? Nope not at all.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 11-15-15 at 10:39 AM.
    tw820 likes this.
    11-15-15 09:47 AM
    I really like mine,and coming from Z10-Z30-Priv,im surprised at how much I do like it and I'm not a big fan of Android,!!!

From my Awesome Priv!!!!
    11-15-15 10:00 AM
    Love it! Big learning curve having never used Android, but doing my homework, and being constantly surprised by what the phone will do.
    And there's the difference--people want to hear from users who are "surprised by what the phone will do," instead of those Debbie Downer whiners who want to talk about nothing but what it does different (and therefore "by definition" worse) than a BB10 device.

We're all humans, and we all know those people CAN adapt. That they don't WANT to, isn't really anything people come to forums like this to hear.
    misterabrasive likes this.
    11-15-15 10:05 AM
    I got mine last Friday and I like it.. They just need to update a few things..but that's the same as when BlackBerry 10 first came out in terms of the software..it took them a while to make it great.. I miss my Z30 but I'm gonna keep the Priv and see what updates they would have in the future.. Battery life is good but speakers are not as loud as Z30

11-15-15 10:09 AM
    Please be honest. Do you really like it? Do you feel it was worth the price? I know its only been a little more than a day but everytime I got a new Blackberry, I knew in the first 5 seconds whether I was in love or not. Is it even close to a Passport? Z30? Q10? (OS aside)

Does it feel cheap or does it feel like Blackberry quality of the past? Is it confusing? Are you happy with your decision?

The reason I ask is that I have read a few reviews and one was biased and the other was below expectations. Just looking for honesty.

Do you think it will keep Blackberry in Business or do you think it will close their doors?

thanks in advance
    Awwwwww Shucks! I was going to blow some serious smoke.. but you said to be honest... so I guess I will.

For me... this device is bringing back the Crack in Blackberry. I cannot put it down. I have no issues with build quality. The only "issue" I have is that the battery doesn't last as long as my previous BBs. But, tech support is looking into this for me. They've been very helpful... so we'll see what happens. Honestly, I'm keeping this device. I don't care if I have to walk around with a battery-backpack... I will.

With all the reviews online... there's only one review that matters... yours.
    11-15-15 10:10 AM

With all the reviews online... there's only one review that matters... yours.
    This!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-15-15 10:16 AM
    This!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Agreed!

11-15-15 10:41 AM
    would like to hear what any vet BlackBerry users think of the hard keyboard. I was underwhelmed by the quality and depth of the key when typing. By depth I mean it does not feel like any click whatsoever.

Other than that the phone rocks and like I said before it took me a month to adjust to my Passport but am looking for a few qualified reviews on specifically the hard keys here.
    Thx

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 11:06 AM
    Don't see why anyone wouldn't be honest with the device.
    Happens all the time.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    11-15-15 11:16 AM
    Of course they'll like it. It's a BlackBerry and they can lie to themselves that they are being unbiased.

All of a sudden BlackBerry users are now a fan of Android, when android has been out for years. Weird eh?

Maybe 6 months ago they were all:

"Oh Android? No thanks, I don't like Android, BlackBerry is for me"

Then last week it went like:

"Oh BlackBerry? Android now? Oh turns out I do like Android!

There's no denying that brand and a bit of pity for the underdog has an influence on how much they like their device.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 11:25 AM
    After a week of being the daily driver I can honestly say I really dig this phone. I have no plans on returning or trading it off. Yes there are a few bugs but that is to be expected and they will be fixed in the coming weeks I am sure. I have no regrets buying this phone at all.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for The Priv
    11-15-15 11:37 AM
    Love the Priv but there are a few things that need immediate attention before this device can be compared with other flag ship devices.

Good
    Priv feels great in your hands and the screen is very clear and colorful. Gorilla glass does the trick as I have already dropped the phone face down on the sidewalk from about 4 feet... No scratches or scuffs.

Bad
    Battery: I am having issues with the battery draining really fast and nothing I've done renders the problem. This could be a deal breaker for me... I currently have a charger on my desk, in my car and at home. IF ANYONE CAN HELP PLEASE REPLY.
    Camera: Shutter speed is really slow and it doesn't take great pictures for an 18 megapixal lens.

Bottom line with me, I purchased an unlocked Priv during the pre-order process for $700. I ended up cancelling the phone when it didn't arrive and purchased the AT&T Priv. That was the best move I could have made, I saved myself $450. However, if I would have paid $700 I'd truly be upset.
    Hopefully the Priv issues can be solved with a software update in the near future if not, I'll be looking to move on.

11-15-15 11:55 AM
    One more thing... I don't really use the Priv physical keyboard because my hands are too big and the keys are much smaller than my BlackBerry Passport. The on screen keyboard with predict text works great for me!!!

11-15-15 11:59 AM
    Love the Priv but there are a few things that need immediate attention before this device can be compared with other flag ship devices.

Good
    Priv feels great in your hands and the screen is very clear and colorful. Gorilla glass does the trick as I have already dropped the phone face down on the sidewalk from about 4 feet... No scratches or scuffs.

Bad
    Battery: I am having issues with the battery draining really fast and nothing I've done renders the problem. This could be a deal breaker for me... I currently have a charger on my desk, in my car and at home. IF ANYONE CAN HELP PLEASE REPLY.
    Camera: Shutter speed is really slow and it doesn't take great pictures for an 18 megapixal lens.

Bottom line with me, I purchased an unlocked Priv during the pre-order process for $700. I ended up cancelling the phone when it didn't arrive and purchased the AT&T Priv. That was the best move I could have made, I saved myself $450. However, if I would have paid $700 I'd truly be upset.
    Hopefully the Priv issues can be solved with a software update in the near future if not, I'll be looking to move on.

Try a factory reset and don't do the content transfer. Gmail sync off/push on. My battery drain and heat issues went away.
    11-15-15 12:07 PM
    I love the Priv. Going back to my Galaxy S5 seams so basic.

It has its quirks but it's their first phone pretty much. I'd say give them a few months, after Marshmallow is out and they fix their manufacturing issues. Most of the issues will be fixed.

11-15-15 12:16 PM
    Of course they'll like it. It's a BlackBerry and they can lie to themselves that they are being unbiased.

All of a sudden BlackBerry users are now a fan of Android, when android has been out for years. Weird eh?

Maybe 6 months ago they were all:

"Oh Android? No thanks, I don't like Android, BlackBerry is for me"

Then last week it went like:

"Oh BlackBerry? Android now? Oh turns out I do like Android!

There's no denying that brand and a bit of pity for the underdog has an influence on how much they like their device.

Posted via CB10
    The true test of that would be for BB to release the software into the wild, allowing people to purchase the BB Android experience on the Android slab phone of their choice. Keyboard, Hub, all the software. Now all of a sudden they could have the Z30 experience, complete with screen keyboard, on a modern high quality screen, modern cell frequencies and speeds, and full Google Play store--but without having to spend $700 on a new phone. They could do this on a $300 phone, for example, plus whatever the cost of the BB software. Maybe another $100-$200.

How many people would have chosen this?

I'm pretty sure BB knows the answer to this. They released this phone with a pkb for a reason. They're releasing their next phone with a pkb for a reason. The pkb is a driver, probably the driver, to get people to move to Android. BB software alone, even perfectly executed, wouldn't have done it.

Actually, a secondary driver would have been the ever-changing cellular frequency game. As the carriers change their technology, you need new radios to take advantage of all of that. Eventually, had BB simply done a software-only release, people would have moved to an Android slab phone of their choice out of necessity. Just like they will as the BB10 devices stop working well enough as carriers change technologies.
    11-15-15 12:24 PM
    It's a great device but it's really a Android device not blackberry at all or very little if any. I am sure blackberry will add some features in future updates.
    I'm curious: what does it have to be in order to be "really a Blackberry"?
    11-15-15 12:26 PM
    Oh ya...google maps and the android gps navigation is in a league of its own.
    Nokia HERE Maps is way better than Google maps.
    11-15-15 12:30 PM
    Nokia HERE Maps is way better than Google maps.
    Here here! I have it on both ios and Android
    11-15-15 12:36 PM
    Hated it to begin with coming from the passport but it's really starting to grow on me..just like getting used to anything new i suppose it takes time then after that it's just second nature...one thing i cannot do though is delete anything from my sd card that i brought over from my passport...keeps saying photos doesn't have access to delete an item on your sd card. Please go to gallery app to continue deleting....but there is no gallery app..HELP!!

kertong likes this.
    11-15-15 01:23 PM
    There definitely needs to an update to provide a "gallery"

CrackBerry App for Android via BlackBerry Priv
    11-15-15 01:30 PM
    I'm a BlackBerry user from the first pager units, I'm from the area and was the last BlackBerry user at my firm until they killed the BES. Tried to move over to BB10 when it came out and gave up went to the dark side iOS. Hated it and moved to Android, had everything I wanted and more. I bought a Priv and haven't looked back, it's the full deal. Coming from Android and back to BlackBerry it's taken a few days to get the settings right and a few more to get bedded it, no going back I'm hooked. I have. few droids I flip across each week, OnePlus 2 has been my recent fav. I'm back to Black!

11-15-15 01:37 PM
119 ... 2345