Loving mine except for the poor battery life. Granted it's only my second day with the device so I'm hoping it'll correct itself over time and after a few uses.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 02:26 AM
    Please be honest. Do you really like it? Do you feel it was worth the price? I know its only been a little more than a day but everytime I got a new Blackberry, I knew in the first 5 seconds whether I was in love or not. Is it even close to a Passport? Z30? Q10? (OS aside)

Does it feel cheap or does it feel like Blackberry quality of the past? Is it confusing? Are you happy with your decision?

The reason I ask is that I have read a few reviews and one was biased and the other was below expectations. Just looking for honesty.

Do you think it will keep Blackberry in Business or do you think it will close their doors?

thanks in advance
    I really like my Priv! Mind you it took a day or so to get use to the android style of doing things like navigation but with the BlackBerry apk's built in and all of the BlackBerry features is what makes this device super unique. It's much more zippy compared to laggy android apps installed on the Passport. Also typing on the keyboard is a breeze and the flick word prediction on the vkb is ace as well. It takes a bit to setup and customize to your liking! I have had zero issues and the device is really well made all BlackBerry quality. First thing you'll notice is the amazing screen quality clarity and colors are really vibrant. Same for the camera as welll. I am a BlackBerry fanboy but having the full access to the android runtime for android app to run properly is really useful. The behaviour is a bit different so it will be a learning curve it's a bit different than the classic features and functions of bbos10. You will love it!

11-14-15 02:27 AM
    I've had mine for just under 24hrs and I love it.

Never used Android before like many who've posted but I'm learning.

The available apps are great! You can do so much more but Android is much easier than I thought it would be.

I don't get all these bad reviews.
    Yes my phone got pretty hot but that was when I was first setting it up and had the Play Store download and install about 50 apps at the same time! Hasn't happened since.

No squidgy back either and after playing around with some settings, I've pretty much got it how I want it.

I'm still learning though. Like I've no idea what Widgets are yet and how they work. I'm not even sure I know what a Launcher is but hey, I'm sure I'll get there.

Overall, yes it's different to BB10 but so much more opens up with the app store and you'll love the little touches BlackBerry have added in such as the Productivity Edge and Battery Edge.

Would I recommend this device? Absolutely!

11-14-15 02:53 AM
    Love mine, have to get it replaced due to screen issue, but will be getting a new one. Pretty steep learning curve for those coming from BB10, but really enjoying so far.
    What screen issue is it?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 03:38 AM
    Love mine. No issues with anything. Was way better than my Samsung Galaxy S5 - in every aspect imaginable - incl. performance, battery, typing, and work emails.
    11-14-15 03:43 AM
    a little disappointed how I can't make good use of my sd card.
    I thought it has an sd card slot, does the card not work at all?
    11-14-15 08:19 AM
    It's certainly nice to have apps that work, and up-to-date maps, etc.
    Oh ya...google maps and the android gps navigation is in a league of its own.
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-14-15 at 08:54 AM.
    11-14-15 08:32 AM
    Still waiting for Verizon to carry it but I want the priv due to the Google services.

I am all for BlackBerry10 and all but since I have everything through Google, I figure it would be better to have something that syncs 100 percent.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 08:40 AM
    Love it. Had many many devices over the years from a lot of manufacturers. Last BlackBerry was in 1994. I think it has huge potential.
    11-14-15 04:13 PM
    I've had mine for just under 24hrs and I love it.

Never used Android before like many who've posted but I'm learning.

The available apps are great! You can do so much more but Android is much easier than I thought it would be.

I don't get all these bad reviews.
    Yes my phone got pretty hot but that was when I was first setting it up and had the Play Store download and install about 50 apps at the same time! Hasn't happened since.

No squidgy back either and after playing around with some settings, I've pretty much got it how I want it.

I'm still learning though. Like I've no idea what Widgets are yet and how they work. I'm not even sure I know what a Launcher is but hey, I'm sure I'll get there.

Overall, yes it's different to BB10 but so much more opens up with the app store and you'll love the little touches BlackBerry have added in such as the Productivity Edge and Battery Edge.

Would I recommend this device? Absolutely!

I'm on my 2nd day with my new Priv and if I was to make a comment it would be very similar to this. Well said!!!

I'm really enjoy my new Priv and the transition from BlackBerry OS10 isn't too difficult.

The Priv is in my opinion a fantastic device!!!

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    11-14-15 04:49 PM
    I love my Priv. It definitely turns heads especially when you pop the keyboard out. Two things I have noticed.

One is that the hub is a little laggy which can be fixed with a software update

Two is that the power button should be raised by about 2-3mm more. It's hard to find in the dark as it seems to be flush with the phone.

Don't trust the display models at the stores. I seen a world of difference when all of the blackberry services did an update.

I would definitely recommend
    WT44 likes this.
    11-14-15 04:59 PM
    Please be honest. Do you really like it? Do you feel it was worth the price? I know its only been a little more than a day but everytime I got a new Blackberry, I knew in the first 5 seconds whether I was in love or not. Is it even close to a Passport? Z30? Q10? (OS aside)

Does it feel cheap or does it feel like Blackberry quality of the past? Is it confusing? Are you happy with your decision?

The reason I ask is that I have read a few reviews and one was biased and the other was below expectations. Just looking for honesty.

Do you think it will keep Blackberry in Business or do you think it will close their doors?

thanks in advance
    Really enjoying it. I have a friend that's all about Android and, uses a z30 for his Government work. He likes it so much he bought one.

I've had it now for 9 days and am flying with it. I miss some points of the HUB and the up swipe gestures. I feel it's odd but, the Android buddy didn't miss a beat.

People saying it's buggy (when compared). I haven't had that. I've installed all my previous side loaded apps that were on my z10. Well, they run better and faster. Facebook / Twitter is a different experience and I prefer the Blackberry format but, I am in the minority - by a long shot.

I like the option of both typing experiences and enjoy this phone. The Bluetooth runs better, music syncs better and the screen is fantastic (all the talk of it not being bright enough is crazy...... Are people wanting to do LASIK on this thing??)

As a government worker - it's a great hybrid.

Cases are another beast. Again. I got the hard case and have had to issues but, other people have. I put a Clearplex on it and it's pretty fantastic. The battery life after 8 days is unreal compared to the z10. I go 3 days. I never worry about running out. With the z10, I carried another battery. And the charge is fast with the one provided. If I got to 30 percent on the z10, I was worried and switched it to airplane mode.

I think it's worth it and, if they upgrade to Marshmallow - should be pretty impressive.

Posted via PRIV
    11-14-15 05:09 PM
    No

11-14-15 05:23 PM
    Love mine,best BlackBerry I ever owned

11-14-15 07:09 PM
    Mine just arrived from the Blackberry store...very cool despite the delay. I popped in my T-Mobile Sim card, 4G came right up! Stay tuned for more on this, but so far:

After several hours getting fully charged, it has cooled down a lot

Keyboard is a bit mushy compared to my Classic but I can get used it

It's beautiful, and the Screen is large and has terrific colors

I think I'm going to love it.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 07:23 PM

thanks in advance
    Gave up my Passport for it. It is the best phone Blackberry has ever produced. The only thing my Passport had over it is battery life and not by much. Oh, did I mention the apps? What a life, a Blackberry with apps.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Blackberry Priv
    11-14-15 07:39 PM
    Solid device both physically and functually. Totally addicting...my s5 already feels inadequate after just a few hours. The size is impressive as well...bigger than it appears in most pictures...dwarfs my s5 for instance.
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-14-15 at 08:28 PM.
    11-14-15 08:10 PM
    Love it, still playing and learning and slowly getting used to the keyboard again.....had a lot of Co-workers check it out when they seen it, all very impressed as well. Sold out here all over the place too....a great sign

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BB Priv
    11-14-15 08:25 PM
    I thought it has an sd card slot, does the card not work at all?
    There's a bug with xfat driver BlackBerry is working on.
    11-14-15 09:04 PM
    Oh ya...google maps and the android gps navigation is in a league of its own.
    Right behind Here Drive.
    Adam Frix likes this.
    11-14-15 09:07 PM
    Thank goodness I didn't buy this thing !! Did nobody at BlackBerry even throw a card in the thing before sending it off to the maquiladorato be glued together? This is a shocking revelation if it applies to all the stock. They should suspend sales.

There's a bug with xfat driver BlackBerry is working on.
    11-14-15 10:08 PM
    Thank goodness I didn't buy this thing !! Did nobody at BlackBerry even throw a card in the thing before sending it off to the maquiladorato be glued together? This is a shocking revelation if it applies to all the stock. They should suspend sales.
    Get out of here, this thread is not for you obviously ! It is for those who owns Priv to write!

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    11-14-15 10:31 PM
    Keyboard is a bit mushy compared to my Classic but I can get used to it.

Posted via CB10
    Would you prefer an IBM Model M keyboard?

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 10:46 PM
    I object. You do not rule this forum nor my freedom of speech. If you don't like what I say, don't read it.

Get out of here, this thread is not for you obviously ! It is for those who owns Priv to write!

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    11-14-15 10:54 PM
    Am I alone being happy with the relatively stiff OG Passport KB ? I like the model M...I still use a later edition of that concept, the IBM Spacesaver II with trackpoint... a real gem.

Would you prefer an IBM Model M keyboard?

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 11:04 PM
119 12345