Can a person use the BB Priv with Google Fi mobile service? If not, are there any plans in the works to make this happen?
    10-30-15 12:05 PM
    I doubt that it can be used because:

1) Fi phones have to be approved for use on Sprint (which we don't know if the Priv is,) and
    2) Google Fi conveniently allows only Nexus phones.
    10-30-15 12:11 PM
    Bringing up old shiz...

Technically, once the sim is activated, it will work in almost any unlocked phone, but only on T-Mobile. The hardware and software that manages the three networks (TMO, SPR, & Wifi) won't work on any phone other than a Nexus (best as I can tell).

So you could use it with a Priv, but you'd be giving up access to Sprint and probably the ability to handoff from Wifi to 4G\LTE.
    02-28-16 06:23 PM
    No, they only accept Nexus devices. Nexus 6, 5x and 6p

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-28-16 07:16 PM
    I am using it right now with a Verizon (unlocked) Priv.
    It works...kinda.
    1. The hot spot does NOT work.
    2. It works abroad...some of the time (Mexico, Panama, Egypt, Poland - all gave me issues).
    3. Ultimately I gave up on it BC of reliability issues.
    4. Voicemail does not work either.
    5. You will NOT get support from FI no matter what issue you run into - they will check the IMEI of the device registered with network and tell you to F... off.

Remeber that you MUST own a nexus / pixel phone to use it. A phone HAS TO BE associated with your FI account.
    So even if you buy a pixel from say google, activate the service and then return it - your sim card WILL stop working.

All of this is BC google knows better than to use GSM standard - this is all proprietary tech, needs proprietary equipment etc.

But hey, I still use the 'data only' simcard which DOES work with my hotspot - you can NOT beat $10/GB Worldwide data coverage.
    12-15-16 01:57 PM