What the heck is a keyboard attachment? Wouldn't that cover up the bottom part of the screen like the vkb? That's one of the major drawbacks of the vkb. I would rather just get the Vienna in that case because it would have a proper keyboard and trackpad capability. Would this keyboard attachment have trackpad capabilities? Those of you who aren't using the pkb and trackpad are seriously missing out.

Posted from my Priv!
    Why is a trackpad needed on a device that has a touchscreen?

As far as being an attachment, I'm thinking more along the lines of something like typo but of higher quality and then engineered to fit seamlessly on BlackBerry. I'm sure the trackpad could be built in.

I think this is a better option than pkb. Consumers stopped buying pkb for a reason. I personally equate pkb to training wheels, and trackpad to redundant gimmick.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    pittster likes this.
    12-10-15 09:42 AM

I think this is a better option than pkb. Consumers stopped buying pkb for a reason. I personally equate pkb to training wheels, and trackpad to redundant gimmick.

LOL...so you prefer typing on a tablet to a keyboard? If your answer is yes then meet me on typeracer and I will demonstrate how misguided you are. Now, about the trackpad. It is hands down (pun not intended) the greatest innovation in smart phone technology for productivity purposes. It is much more convenient for scrolling the page, or when typing to quickly move the cursor around to select, cut, copy, paste, edit and delete...all without ever having to take your thumbs off the keyboard. Also, the pkb is much more effective if you use swipe gestures. I find using swipe gestures on vkb very frustrating to the point I would stop trying to use them.
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 12-10-15 at 10:35 AM.
    12-10-15 09:58 AM

As far as being an attachment, I'm thinking more along the lines of something like typo but of higher quality and then engineered to fit seamlessly on BlackBerry. I'm sure the trackpad could be built in.

Have a laptop with a touch screen.... still using the mouse pad a lot.

As smartphones get larger, just browsing requires a lot of reaching or two handed use. Where a track pad would make it much easier....

That said, I doubt anyone would give up screen real estate for a trackpad.... saw a device a while back (years), that had a touch sensor on the side that could be used like a trackpad. That might be more useful today.

BOT: Sorry OP, but tweets don't equal actual interest among the general population nor sales.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 12-10-15 at 11:34 AM.
    12-10-15 11:19 AM
    I was thinking of how many Priv's have been activated to date. My guess? < 50,000... How do I come up with that? Logic would say that every activated device has contacted Google Play to download updates for all the core apps. At time of writing, all of these apps only had 10K downloads. Not looking good for the 100k+ estimates or some of the more wild ones that we have seen. Just my thoughts on this and the data point I used to come up with it.
    12-10-15 11:49 AM
    No Chance
    jm1219 likes this.
    12-10-15 01:08 PM
    What in the Priv is better than in the iPhone or S6 ?
    Screen ? Yep.
    Camera ? Yep.
    Battery ? Yep.
    Physical keyboard ? There is a whole generation in their 20's who grew up with blackberries and pkb's. Also you can touch type with a pkb and the swipe gestures are much quicker and easier than on the vkb. For the sake of mercy I won't even bring the trackpad into the conversation.
    are u saying the screen on the Priv's screen and battery are better based on facts or is this just your personal opinion??? I have not seen any review saying the Priv's camera is better than either the Iphone nor the S6's

Outselling the s6 isn't happening neither. Come one man. You talking about a phone that sells millions a quarters. BB needs more momentum before that happens.
    Last edited by Rello; 12-10-15 at 02:27 PM.
    theboogeyman likes this.
    12-10-15 02:15 PM
    are u saying the screen on the Priv's screen and battery are better based on facts or is this just your personal opinion??? I have not seen any review saying the Priv's camera is better than either the Iphone nor the S6's
    "We haven’t really commented too much on the BlackBerry Priv, partly because it has been a solid performer in every test. It has vivid colors without veering into over-saturation, there’s no noticeable color tint and it’s brighter on average than the competition for viewing outdoors. Therefore, we have crowned the Priv as the winner in the display test."

Best of Android 2015: Display - Android Authority

Now onto the camera and battey...

Priv
    Talk time Up to 24 h (3G)
    Camera: 18 mega pixel

samsung s6 edge
    Talk time Up to 18 h (3G)
    Camera: 16 mega pixel

iphone 6s
    Talk time:Up to 14 h (3G)
    Camera: 12 mega pixel
    12-10-15 02:29 PM
    You serious?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 02:32 PM
    I haven't logged into CrackBerry in a couple of weeks because to be honest, BlackBerry is no longer my choice for phones because of the move to android. That said and out of the way, I had to log in and post in this thread. In my opinion, the OP is a total nut job. He has started so many threads about various topics that make absolutely no sense at all. Either the OP works for the BlackBerry PR department and his job is to get as many posts and increase interest in the Priv any way possible, or he is completely out of his mind with his ridiculous theories! Get this into your head buddy. Tweets does not equal sales!!! Period!!! And keep dreaming if you think Priv is going to even sell 1/1000th the S6 devices.
    TGR1 and kirson like this.
    12-10-15 03:03 PM
    "We haven�t really commented too much on the BlackBerry Priv, partly because it has been a solid performer in every test. It has vivid colors without veering into over-saturation, there�s no noticeable color tint and it�s brighter on average than the competition for viewing outdoors. Therefore, we have crowned the Priv as the winner in the display test."

Best of Android 2015: Display - Android Authority

Now onto the camera and battey...

Priv
    Talk time Up to 24 h (3G)
    Camera: 18 mega pixel

samsung s6 edge
    Talk time Up to 18 h (3G)
    Camera: 16 mega pixel

iphone 6s
    Talk time:Up to 14 h (3G)
    Camera: 12 mega pixel
    Did you not read the link you posted. They purposely did not compare it to the S6. It said so right there in the article. Nor did they compare it to the G4 which is also a better screen then the Priv

Also megapixels do not make a camera.
    The S6 definitely has a better camera then the Priv
    12-10-15 03:15 PM
    No reason why it can't, performance wise, but the name won't help

12-10-15 03:15 PM
    Did you not read the link you posted. They purposely did not compare it to the S6. It said so right there in the article. Nor did they compare it to the G4 which is also a better screen then the Priv

He doesn't understand these things. He thinks that if a camera is 18mp it automatically is the best camera. He also thinks that because BB lists talk times with respect to the battery then automatically it has the best battery because that's what BB says it is, even though it's highly inflated and not even close to real world usage. Save your breath, it's not worth the argument.
    12-10-15 03:52 PM
    He doesn't understand these things. He thinks that if a camera is 18mp it automatically is the best camera. He also thinks that because BB lists talk times with respect to the battery then automatically it has the best battery because that's what BB says it is, even though it's highly inflated and not even close to real world usage. Save your breath, it's not worth the argument.
    Well by all accounts the battery is similar to my G4 in terms of longetivity, which is ok but not great.
    Its no Sony Xperia which i think still has the best battery life.

But yeah the Priv Camera is ok at best. It's too inconsistent to be anything else. All the megapixels in the world can not make up for that.
    The screen is up against some great screens unfortunately and can not beat them, but it's not bad in itself.

I'm not sure why people feel the need to lie about this sort of thing
    lift and theboogeyman like this.
    12-10-15 03:59 PM
    Haha I was gonna respond to his post but ya'll have basically said it. It's as we all thought. It's his personal opinion rather than fact lol

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Rello; 12-10-15 at 09:01 PM.
    12-10-15 04:51 PM
    This guy is truly Blackberry's number one fan hahaha I read these threads for comic relief.
    lift, TGR1, Smply_Rckless and 1 others like this.
    12-10-15 06:05 PM
    I was thinking of how many Priv's have been activated to date. My guess? < 50,000... How do I come up with that? Logic would say that every activated device has contacted Google Play to download updates for all the core apps. At time of writing, all of these apps only had 10K downloads. Not looking good for the 100k+ estimates or some of the more wild ones that we have seen. Just my thoughts on this and the data point I used to come up with it.
    This is wrong. Google play download numbers aren't updated for pre-installed apps.
    12-10-15 06:32 PM
    The Priv has the potential to post some respectable numbers but don't believe it will outsell any Samsung models. I believe the numbers will be sufficient enough for BlackBerry to continue their handset business.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv
    12-10-15 06:40 PM
    You are fixating on the wrong numbers.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...rally-1053423/
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 12-10-15 at 06:51 PM.
    12-10-15 06:41 PM

S6 may have a better screen but not better camera!!!!

Posted via Passport
    12-11-15 12:08 AM
    S6 may have a better screen but not better camera!!!!
    I haven't done a direct comparison, but the S6 series have excellent cameras
    12-11-15 12:47 AM
    I haven't done a direct comparison, but the S6 series have excellent cameras
    S6 screen is good so when you capture a photo or video and watch it on mobile screen it's look good, try captured photo and video on LED and then tell me about camera

Posted via Passport
    12-11-15 01:07 AM
    Hmmm.... why would the play store have so many downloads? Doesn't it come pre-installed on every android device? I have looked all over the web to find out how that number is calculated along with the incriments it is calculated in but have come up empty. Any references you have to back up how these numbers are calculated would be appreciated.
    12-11-15 04:40 AM
    S6 screen is good so when you capture a photo or video and watch it on mobile screen it's look good, try captured photo and video on LED and then tell me about camera

Posted via Passport
    Yeah I have seen the priv camera results. While they can be good, the s6 is better and more consistently so.
    This is the only place where someone will make the claim that the priv camera is better then the s6 camera. Outrageous claim
    12-11-15 04:50 AM
    "Can the Priv outsell the Samsung S6 edge?" HaHaHaHaHaHa. The OP is on some kind of trip. His threads are nothing short of ludicrous, every one of them. LOL. I read his threads now for the pure comical value only. This guy can't be serious because if he is, I feel bad for him. LOL.
    nicky_willz likes this.
    12-11-15 07:52 AM
    Where has the "thank you" button gone????
    12-11-15 08:19 AM
194 12345 ...