It will be fine by time! You know BlackBerry is known to through half baked things to consumers but by the time and updates, it do well in pictures as well. That's what I learned by using BB10 in past two years. Samsung has travelled long way on android road and yet BlackBerry just started.

Posted via Passport
    I will not spend $700 and wait till they figure it out when other oems are already delivering better things. We do know how BB thinks, they will pull the plug when they feel like it.
    12-12-15 12:24 PM
    don't confuse megapixel with quality of camera and software..and do check benchmarks the priv cannot even beat the 4s lol
    Benchmark so called standards to promote android. When you talk about smartphone it's not all about multimedia! BlackBerry 10 has enough media handling!

Posted via Passport
    12-12-15 12:51 PM
    Didn't read all the comments in this thread, but I do feel the Priv is BlackBerry's way of trying and correcting. First device on Android, no launch, not much broad or National marketing in ads or commercials and rather inexpensive focused marketing either geographically or segmented ones, not the highest specs in terms of camera at least, sold expensive, sold to some and not to all, not many were made ie inventory and delivery issues, software isn't the latest L rather than M, BlackBerry's own apps especially Hub have been pushed out as stock yet they were buggy: to me sounds like a lot of you, and I would be too if I had it in my hands, are early adopters and BlackBerry internally are saying "see, there's more demand than we expected and hence the business case is valid". I hope I'm right in this analogy.

I don't think Priv will outsell any Samsung phone now but perhaps after the 3 months of getting real valuable data from the phones and users, BlackBerry, making the right upgrades and updates, in few years can close the gap. The Samsung brand is strong and keeps getting stronger with their multi-billion $ marketing budget and it took them a long time to get there and it would take some time to even be considered an underdog vs Samsung as to all Samsung is Android if not Android is just Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 01:12 PM
    don't confuse megapixel with quality of camera and software..and do check benchmarks the priv cannot even beat the 4s lol
    Everybody on the street think that the bigger mega pixel is a better camera with the exception of the people on Crackberry forum. That is a lot of education to be done and I don't think BlackBerry or any other company in the world has the resources to do this. Mega pixel is a marketing gimmick & marketing people has used it well.

Don't bother trying to re-educate the world population ya.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 01:44 PM
    Did you even see the clip on Kelly and Michael?
    No, what is it? Who are they?

Posted via CB10
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    12-12-15 01:47 PM
    No, what is it? Who are they?

Posted via CB10
    http://bcove.me/jeghl98c
    Start watching at around 2:45
    See Kelly's reaction to the galaxy S6 edge+ compared to the Priv...
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 12-12-15 at 02:14 PM.
    12-12-15 01:49 PM
    Everybody on the street think that the bigger mega pixel is a better camera with the exception of the people on Crackberry forum. That is a lot of education to be done and I don't think BlackBerry or any other company in the world has the resources to do this. Mega pixel is a marketing gimmick & marketing people has used it well.

Don't bother trying to re-educate the world population ya.

Posted via CB10
    "Exemption of crackberry people " and you are also exempted!!

Posted via Passport
    12-12-15 02:06 PM
    Tweets represent nothing. I don't know why you think Twitter is any indication to how much a phone is selling.

To answer your question, absolutely not. Samsung pays millions of dollars on advertisement.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 03:31 PM
    Your comment doesn't make sense, The Priv already is full touch with a keyboard that hides away. So no need for a silly attachable keyboard. Also an attachable keyboard is not very good quality, and never works as well as a fully integrated keyboard like the Priv slider.
    12-12-15 05:24 PM
    The Priv is a new venture appealing to nostalgia and curiosity; the nostalgic being the Blackberry loyals, lost in suspense, finding what they once had; the curious being the Android citizens finding something new but familiar, or a citizen of nowhere, looking for something new. Goes to say that whatever views is on any social media for the priv comes from a big bucket of everything, contrasting the mainly android bucket the s6 would have seen. A bit too poetic but basically if its being judged by dhis de priv shud hv bttr viewz.
    12-12-15 05:24 PM
    As far as advertising is concerned I think Blackberry will do advertising for the Priv. They started with AT&T upon launch, and are using this as a dry run to see how well things are shaping up. Once the exclusive for AT&T is over and at least three of the carriers are on board then they will do adds. Right now since the other carriers cannot sell Priv, they would be wasting money by advertising. Once all carriers are on board then hopefully they will go all out.
    12-12-15 05:31 PM
    Can the Priv out sell Samsung S6 edge? I truly believe it can. But now right now. Blackberry has just begun it's journey into the Android world. If Blackberry can keep the momentum going buy putting out a new device in 6 months which should be an enhanced version of the priv, (i.e. all current issues, bugs including the bouncy back plate fixed) sort of like the Passport SE was for the passport, then yes they may just pull it off. Oh and of course this time it comes with marshmallow OS installed of course.
    12-12-15 05:40 PM
    Front and center on Wind Mobile.

https://www.windmobile.ca/plans-and-...mobile-devices
    Attached Thumbnails Can the Priv outsell the Samsung S6 edge?-clipboard01.png  
    12-12-15 06:56 PM
    the price has to really drop for carriers to be able to lower theirs. right now it's just really expensive
    12-12-15 08:55 PM
    the price has to really drop for carriers to be able to lower theirs. right now it's just really expensive
    On At&t the Priv is $249 while the Samsung S6 edge is $229...and the Priv has a better rating on their site.
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 12-12-15 at 09:32 PM.
    12-12-15 09:21 PM
    On At&t the Priv is $249 while the Samsung S6 edge is $229...and the Priv has a better rating on their site.
    that's good but more is needed...if only the had it on all major carriers in the US during the holiday season
    in few days we might have an idea on how much traction the Priv got so far
    12-12-15 10:19 PM
    What in the Priv is better than in the iPhone or S6 ?
    Screen ? Yep.
    Camera ? Yep.
    Battery ? Yep.
    Physical keyboard ? There is a whole generation in their 20's who grew up with blackberries and pkb's. Also you can touch type with a pkb and the swipe gestures are much quicker and easier than on the vkb. For the sake of mercy I won't even bring the trackpad into the conversation.
    You are kidding, right ??

Posted via CB10
    lift and cwalt2166 like this.
    12-12-15 10:25 PM
    You are kidding, right ??

Posted via CB10
    Nope.
    12-12-15 11:31 PM
    You do not need to have purchased the phone to rate it just like Amazon review..as usual I suspect many members of this and other fan forums have paid a visit to those site posting fake reviews.
    lift and darkehawke like this.
    12-13-15 04:20 PM
    See I told you guys!
    Top 5 smartphones of 2015
    12-15-15 11:07 AM
    My S6 became bloated and laggy within the first 4 months, if the Priv can avoid those issues it would help their cause. Biggest reason it won't happen is marketing money spent by Samsung on their Galaxy devices compared to the lack of marketing spent on BB in general particularly the Priv.
    12-15-15 01:07 PM
    My S6 became bloated and laggy within the first 4 months, if the Priv can avoid those issues it would help their cause. Biggest reason it won't happen is marketing money spent by Samsung on their Galaxy devices compared to the lack of marketing spent on BB in general particularly the Priv.
    Your S6 became bloated and laggy because that's what happens to any android. The S6 is a more powerful phone than the Priv and if the S6 lags, you can be sure the Priv will do the same.
    12-15-15 02:07 PM
    Priv does the same on its first use lol

Pasaporte Pilipinas� | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2813
    lift likes this.
    12-16-15 05:20 AM
    Your S6 became bloated and laggy because that's what happens to any android. The S6 is a more powerful phone than the Priv and if the S6 lags, you can be sure the Priv will do the same.
    That's just not true. My g4 is as powerful as the priv and has no lag even after months of use
    12-16-15 05:34 AM
    See I told you guys!
    Top 5 smartphones of 2015
    Is that a list of top selling phones?
    12-16-15 05:34 AM
194 ... 34567 ...