According to data from Topsy.com the Priv has more tweets in the last 30 days than does the Samsung S6 edge. How many sales for the Samsung S6 edge to date?
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 12-09-15 at 12:15 PM.
    12-09-15 11:53 AM
    I appreciate that your hopeful but there's no way. The S6 edge was released in April so no kidding the Priv should have more tweets. Anyways, at least your positive.

Posted via CB10
    dolco, pineapple2607 and Holted like this.
    12-09-15 11:55 AM
    Not a chance. Can it somewhat trail it's success? Yeah. If we're lucky I think we'll see more than a million sold.

Edit: I could be completely wrong and I hope I am and we see 5 million sold.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 12:02 PM
    Can the Priv outsell the Samsung S6 edge? Yes...

Will it? Nope

Should it? Hell yeah!
    12-09-15 12:02 PM
    Lol

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    12-09-15 12:03 PM
    If BlackBerry made an all touch with a keyboard attachment. Only then will it be a possibility for them to gain higher sales.

Posted via the Priv
    Just TM and eyesopen1111 like this.
    12-09-15 12:04 PM
    If BlackBerry made an all touch with a keyboard attachment. Only then will it be a possibility for them to gain higher sales.

Posted via the Priv
    I don't understand your comment... it is all touch (unlike BB10 classic, q10, passport etc)?!
    I wouldn't want a kb separate attachment
    12-09-15 12:15 PM
    You wish

Pasaporte Pilipinas� | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2813
    12-09-15 12:16 PM
    You wish

Pasaporte Pilipinas™ | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2813
    So are you saying that tweets can represent sales for the S6 edge but not for the Priv?
    12-09-15 12:24 PM
    So are you saying that tweets can represent sales for the S6 edge but not for the Priv?
    How many tweets did the Edge get the first 30 days compared to the Priv first 30 days?
    12-09-15 12:35 PM
    I actually saw an S6 with a PKB attachment today and being 100% honest I think I'd go for that over the Priv at this point. I highly doubt the Priv has outsold the S6 this month and when it's all said and done it won't even be close.
    12-09-15 12:40 PM
    Is that even a real question ?

Nobody cares about BlackBerry. Some New-Yorkers and BBOS & BB10 users are happy about it and that's all.

Even myself, a real BlackBerry lover, I would buy the S6 Edge over the Priv. Same price for a beta product ? No way.

What in the Priv is better than in the iPhone or S6 ?
    Screen ? Nope.
    Camera ? Nope.
    Battery ? Yes, but people adapted for the majority.
    Physical keyboard ? The average teenager is faster on an iPhone 4S than I am on my Q10 or my Passport.

I love BlackBerry, but they're a niche. If like you ask, they want to approach Samsung, they need to make a full touch device with top specs. Then, average customer will see an alternative. Except iPhone users, I don't think people are really attached to brands. And in this area, I think BlackBerry could bring a delightful Android experience compared to TouchWiz or Sony.
    12-09-15 01:00 PM
    Nope

Posted via the Blackberry Priv
    12-09-15 01:05 PM
    Is that even a real question ?

Nobody cares about BlackBerry. Some New-Yorkers and BBOS & BB10 users are happy about it and that's all.

Even myself, a real BlackBerry lover, I would buy the S6 Edge over the Priv. Same price for a beta product ? No way.

Screen ? Nope.
    Camera ? Nope.
    Battery ? Yes, but people adapted for the majority.
    Physical keyboard ? The average teenager is faster on an iPhone 4S than I am on my Q10 or my Passport.

I love BlackBerry, but they're a niche. If like you ask, they want to approach Samsung, they need to make a full touch device with top specs. Then, average customer will see an alternative. Except iPhone users, I don't think people are really attached to brands. And in this area, I think BlackBerry could bring a delightful Android experience compared to TouchWiz or Sony.
    Screen ? Yep.
    Camera ? Yep.
    Battery ? Yep.
    Physical keyboard ? There is a whole generation in their 20's who grew up with blackberries and pkb's. Also you can touch type with a pkb and the swipe gestures are much quicker and easier than on the vkb. For the sake of mercy I won't even bring the trackpad into the conversation.
    12-09-15 01:22 PM
    Hahahahahah in LA LA land maybe

Posted via CB10
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    12-09-15 01:29 PM
    Not a chance.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 01:29 PM
    Severely doubt it

Can't compare tweet stats from a half year old device with a recent released one

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-09-15 01:32 PM
    I actually saw an S6 with a PKB attachment today and being 100% honest I think I'd go for that over the Priv at this point.
    Comments like this remind me why i never want to deal with customers.

gmoneyroxit and Holted like this.
    12-09-15 01:34 PM
    Severely doubt it

Can't compare tweet stats from a half year old device with a recent released one

You know you're right...it isn't fair. The Samsung S6 edge launch video posted on youtube has 1,443,551 views...and this is for the samsung s6 as well. The Privs launch video currently has 948,045 and we'll add another one that has 406,871 since the Samsung s6 and s6 edge are sharing the same video views.

So the samsung s6 and s6 edge have had 8 months to get 1,443,551 views whereas the Priv has had 1 month to get 1,354,932

terrebeest likes this.
    12-09-15 02:08 PM
    I'm not convinced there is a consistent or meaningful correlation between tweets and sales. I'd be more inclined to believe that there is a correlation between tweets discussing the potential purchase of a device and the actual sales numbers for that device. But I don't know an algorithm that can get to those stats. But using the experience HTC has of selling premium Android devices, I think it is risky to believe the Priv will ever put a dent in the Samsung sales numbers. I am starting to believe that the Android wars are being fought and won on the device-price/marketing-spend battlefield.
    Jonneh likes this.
    12-09-15 02:10 PM
    You know you're right...it isn't fair. The Samsung S6 edge launch video posted on youtube has 1,443,551 views...and this is for the samsung s6 as well. The Privs launch video currently has 406,871 and we'll add another one that has 948,045 since the Samsung s6 and s6 edge are sharing the same video views.

So the samsung s6 and s6 edge have had 8 months to get 1,443,551 whereas the Priv has had 1 month to get 1,354,932
    Mark - you are rapidly becoming my favorite member on CB. I probably owe you some money for being such a good straight-man. Do you have any data on the number of people that viewed the actual Samsung launch event live (or via news feeds, and YouTube, and other outlets) compared to the number of people who viewed the actual Blackberry launch event live? Hint: did Blackberry even have a launch event? Let's put a tickler on our calendars to discuss this again on December 18, after the earnings release, and then again three months later after the next earnings release. I really hope you are proven right. But I am extremely skeptical.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    12-09-15 02:17 PM
    All touch minus the slider. The keyboard attachment would allow for the size that most users were accustomed to. Then BlackBerry has the opportunity to create more revenue with the attachment. Look at how many of the Seacrest keyboard attachments sold.

Posted via the Priv
    12-09-15 02:59 PM
    I don't understand your comment... it is all touch (unlike BB10 classic, q10, passport etc)?!
    I wouldn't want a kb separate attachment
    I forgot to reply with quote. But I have a response above this reply.

Posted via the Priv
    12-09-15 03:03 PM
    All touch minus the slider. The keyboard attachment would allow for the size that most users were accustomed to. Then BlackBerry has the opportunity to create more revenue with the attachment. Look at how many of the Seacrest keyboard attachments sold.

Posted via the Priv
    I totally agree.

Broader appeal with sleek modern designs. High quality proprietary BlackBerry keyboard attacment for those who desire it.

12-09-15 03:09 PM
    I totally agree.

Broader appeal with sleek modern designs. High quality proprietary BlackBerry keyboard attacment for those who desire it.

What the heck is a keyboard attachment? Wouldn't that cover up the bottom part of the screen like the vkb? That's one of the major drawbacks of the vkb. I would rather just get the Vienna in that case because it would have a proper keyboard and trackpad capability. Would this keyboard attachment have trackpad capabilities? Those of you who aren't using the pkb and trackpad are seriously missing out.

Posted from my Priv!
    12-09-15 03:17 PM
194 123 ...