Hi friends, just tried to connect my priv with western digital elements 2 TB hard disk drive through OTG Cable but it doesn't detected HDD ....
    Why is it so ???
    Same I tried on my friend's Samsung on max which immediately recognized it although wasn't able to open it...
    08-03-17 07:49 AM
    I think the latter is because Samsung phones don't appear to work well with NTFS, but I'm not sure about the former.
    08-03-17 08:02 AM
    Like Thurask said, I don't think Android supports NTFS (the default file system on most hard drives).
    This issue can be overcome by using a computer to reformat the drive to another system (exFAT might work).

This other potential issue is how much power the Priv OTG is giving it's devices. A HDD might require more power than the phone will give it. If this is the issue, then their are some work around such as externally powered USB cables.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-03-17 08:36 AM
    I actually tried doing this the other day. I've got a Seagate/Amazon Duet 1TB external hard drive. The drive wasn't receiving enough power, it kept beeping.
    I've got a 128GB USB 3.0 memory stick and it works perfectly via OTG on the PRIV.
    Things may be different if you have a drive with an external power source though.
    08-03-17 09:10 AM
    Like Thurask said, I don't think Android supports NTFS (the default file system on most hard drives).
    This issue can be overcome by using a computer to reformat the drive to another system (exFAT might work).

This other potential issue is how much power the Priv OTG is giving it's devices. A HDD might require more power than the phone will give it. If this is the issue, then their are some work around such as externally powered USB cables.
    Yeah, I think I remember the same NTFS thumb drive not working on my DTEK60 either.
    08-03-17 09:17 AM
    The HDD m having does not have provision for external power supply ....
    so it seems that I won't be able to use HDD with priv.
    I tried to connect it because priv is specified to support 2 TB memory expansion.
    08-03-17 09:44 AM
    I tried to connect it because priv is specified to support 2 TB memory expansion.
    That 2TB figure is for MicroSD cards, and will be theoretical for quite some time.
    08-03-17 09:46 AM
    You should be able to get a special USB cable with an extra micro USB port to power it.
    08-03-17 11:37 AM