for me it works
    11-08-15 08:23 PM
    Had the same issue with the Priv on AT&T. Spent 2+ hours on the phone with them trying to resolve the issues. Tried different messengers apps...finally fixed it by removing the text message notifications from the HUB. Only started after the last update, I think it broke something. Hope one is coming in the next few days for BlackBerry.

If I see any changes I will post back. All of the other fixes posted worked for about 5 minutes then the problem was there again.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    11-08-15 10:56 PM
    Had the same issue with the Priv on AT&T. Spent 2+ hours on the phone with them trying to resolve the issues. Tried different messengers apps...finally fixed it by removing the text message notifications from the HUB. Only started after the last update, I think it broke something. Hope one is coming in the next few days for BlackBerry.

If I see any changes I will post back. All of the other fixes posted worked for about 5 minutes then the problem was there again.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    How did you remove them from the hub? What setting is that under. Thanks in advance!
    11-09-15 06:51 AM
    Anyone else having trouble receiving MMS text messages? I get "Couldn't download, message expired or not available" error. From iPhone to my Priv. Can not send either. Says, "Not sent. Touch to try again".

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry Priv
    Sometimes your mms may not be provisioned correctly. Because you used an iPhone before chech tech support with your carrier to make sure you are provisioned correctly for mms.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-09-15 06:58 AM
    SMS apps in android often refer to an android 'fix' relating to a T-Mobile wifi and network problem and it disables wifi when sending (and downloading) mms. Works on all networks, not just T-Mobile.
    Not got my priv yet so can't tell whether this is an option in MMS settings
    11-09-15 07:39 AM
    SMS apps in android often refer to an android 'fix' relating to a T-Mobile wifi and network problem and it disables wifi when sending (and downloading) mms. Works on all networks, not just T-Mobile.
    Not got my priv yet so can't tell whether this is an option in MMS settings
    Just tried this. Will report back if it works. Disabling text messages in hub didn't help

11-09-15 11:03 AM
    My device is unable to send or receive MMS.

My carrier is Bell and I spent a good hour and a half on the phone with them, including updating my actual plan, to no avail. I tried a bunch of different SMS apps and they all fail. Then I downloaded Textra SMS. It has some advanced MMS options in it, allowing you to use Legacy. Setting it to Legacy allows it to work for both sending and receiving. The other option that also doesn't work like the rest is called System, which I guess, makes sense.

This tells me that either the system method of using MMS is doing something wrong, or there's an incompatibility with the Bell network. If it were Bell though, I would assume many others would be having the issue. Unless it's something that BlackBerry changed in the OS to do it differently that's causing it. I really don't know.

Anyway, here's the link to Textra SMS.

• Once installed, launch the app and it should ask you to set it as the default SMS app, tap Yes.
    • Tap the top-right overflow menu and tap Settings.
    • Scroll right to the bottom and tap MMS.
    • Tap MMS Advanced.
    • Make sure MMS Behavior is set to Legacy.

Test it out.

If others could give this a try and report back if it works for you as well, that would be great. Please include what carrier you're with.
    jgreenholtz likes this.
    11-10-15 08:22 PM
    OK now I have the Priv I cannot send or receive mms with wifi on. It needs disabling and the mms will come in on the network. Pain in the **** but seen it before on Android. Some sms apps have an option for switching automatically.
    11-14-15 04:36 AM
    I had MMS problems yesterday after t-mobile tried to provision my phone with WiFi calling. A factory reset solved it. MMS on Android just isn't reliable. Actually MMS in general isn't reliable. iPhone people will tell you it is but they don't know they're really using iMessage.

11-14-15 06:16 AM
    Grab the Evolve SMS client from the Play Store and use it in place of Messenger. It integrates in the Hub fine and shuts off WiFi while sending or receiving MMS. It also knows about a lot of third-party APNs for MMS, making configuring it for odd environments (e.g. some MVNOs) easy.
    11-14-15 09:40 AM
    I was unable to receive MMS pictures while I was connected to WiFi in my house.

Disconnected from WiFi and pictures can be sent and received just fine while on my cellular network.

Very strange and I'm curious why. Maybe a bug that needs to get sorted out...dunno.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    11-15-15 02:58 PM
    Appears my success was short lived. I can send MMS fine but am receiving them only sporadically. I have tried rebooting, removing the sim card, and manually entering the APN settings. Any other suggestions?
    Sounds like you should contact your wireless carrier to resolve the issue. Can you receive MMS consistently using another smartphone?

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-15-15 02:59 PM
    How did you remove them from the hub? What setting is that under. Thanks in advance!
    Stop being a pablum fed baby and use your critical thinking skills.

11-15-15 03:01 PM
    Head over to Android Central
    Head into the forums
    Select BlackBerry Android phones
    Select the Priv
    Find the topic "failed sending photo mms"
    Scroll down to about the 17th post where the OP has found the issue to be solved. Others following that post also realize this is the fix.

Look it up and let us know if this works for you like it has worked for others.

Z30'ing
    11-15-15 03:02 PM
    Sounds like you should contact your wireless carrier to resolve the issue. Can you receive MMS consistently using another smartphone?

In my case, my carrier refuses to help. They don't sell the Priv, and don't support it. If BlackBerry wants to sell this device unlocked, they are responsible for figuring these things out.

For the record, while the carrier may be able to tweak a setting to make MMS work, the reality is that MMMs works fine on all my T-Mobile devices. Something is wrong with the Priv software.

BlackBerry is responsible. BlackBerry needs to fix.

11-15-15 04:45 PM
    Well I'm scratching my head now as I'm now able to send and receive pictures via MMS with my WiFi on. Previously I wasn't able to send or receive. Only with WiFi off over my cellular network.

I didn't make any changes whatsoever...can someone explain how that happened? No worries if you can't as all now appears to be working normally.

Bob

11-15-15 06:04 PM
    Well I'm scratching my head now as I'm now able to send and receive pictures via MMS with my WiFi on. Previously I wasn't able to send or receive. Only with WiFi off over my cellular network.

I didn't make any changes whatsoever...can someone explain how that happened? No worries if you can't as all now appears to be working normally.

Bob

Did you switch texting apps?

11-15-15 07:02 PM
    As I mentioned in my previous post I didn't change any settings. I only sent and received MMS pictures with WiFi off to confirm it was working. Then connected to WiFi and tried it and all is good. I can send and receive pic's via MMS with WiFi on.

That's why I'm scratching my head...hahaha

Bob

11-15-15 07:11 PM
    Out of curiosity, I switched back to the default Messenger app to test... It's working now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android... on my Priv!
    11-15-15 07:25 PM
    MMS typically requires carrier data (unless you're on WiFi calling, but that's a separate issue).

When you're on WiFi, your phone will turn off carrier data but keep the carrier connection for phone and SMS. You can see this because the 4GLTE symbol goes grey next to your signal bars.

When phone is working properly, you'll see the 4GLTE signal logo light up to collect or send the MMS. Then it will go back off once transmission has been completed.

Sounds like your phone is starting to work as intended.

11-15-15 07:51 PM
45 12