I'm a long-time BlackBerry devotee and have appreciated the native apps of BlackBerry but there have been two updates I can't stomach : one is the "new look"; the other is the much earlier update that made the " productivity" tab look ugly and corporate in my view.

So, now I no longer update my BlackBerry apps. ...

I know this may not be the best option.

Is there anything else I can do to "skip" an update (the redesign, but "fresh look" recently most importantly) ??

I don't recognise my BlackBerry when it is redesigned. It is the antithesis of personalised. The look is alpha-male, slick, corporate. My phone becomes a homeland I don't feel at home in!
    04-04-19 10:57 PM
    Nope... backup notes, uninstall hub, hub services, Notes, calendar, tasks... Original will install each time... go to Google play and uncheck automatic updates for each of those apps... all will work again

You will see to re-install your email accounts in Hub and it will get everything back... automatically imports contacts and calendar from Google, other users might need to import that...

one additional thought... playstore will likely update to the new hub & hub+services crippled ...you will need to shut off updates in playstore for hub+, hub+services, tasks, calendar, notes, contacts so you can still get text messages and phone calls in the hub...
    04-05-19 12:02 PM